Page 61 of 67 FirstFirst ... 11515657585960616263646566 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1335
Like Tree128Likes
    I have most of my movies in ISO files, but it appears KalemSoft Media Streamer doesn't do ISO files? It's not picking any of them up. ISO is not supported file format?
    Quote Originally Posted by sacflies View Post
    I have most of my movies in ISO files, but it appears KalemSoft Media Streamer doesn't do ISO files? It's not picking any of them up. ISO is not supported file format?
    Just rename them to .avi and see if it works.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    Quote Originally Posted by KalemSoft View Post
    What is your mount point (which folder)?

Regards,
    Kalemsoft
    I was using a folder inside internal/media

In this case I had my original folder - internal/media/bt

And I made a new one - internal/media/bt2

I use the Network drives app to map the volume.

No mounts, the folders show inside the player and is empty.

Mount before opening player (what I did in prior releases) and the folder disappears.

If i mount now after the player is open, the folder still shows but is still empty. Close and re-open the player and the folder disappears.
    Just rename them to .avi and see if it works.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    The files are associated with Virtual CloneDrive...would this affect anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by rufus279 View Post
    I was using a folder inside internal/media

In this case I had my original folder - internal/media/bt

And I made a new one - internal/media/bt2

I use the Network drives app to map the volume.

No mounts, the folders show inside the player and is empty.

Mount before opening player (what I did in prior releases) and the folder disappears.

If i mount now after the player is open, the folder still shows but is still empty. Close and re-open the player and the folder disappears.
    yeah i posted a few back as well, this happens to any windows share, but linux/nas drive shares remained, for example i have 4 standard shares atm, 2x 2tb nas drives and 2x windows shares.

before mounting the folders/mount points for them, which reside in /media/internal/shares.

NAS1 - a linux driven nas drive (as most are)
    NAS2 - same as above
    Media - Windows share that contains music/films/yt-clips/other random stuff
    Media2 - more of the same as above

before mounting them with enyo network drive mapping app, all 4 folders are visible, when i mount them all, only NAS1 and NAS2 are seen in kalem.mp (all 4 visible and accessible in InternalZ and touchplayer), Media1 & 2 vanish from the folder list, but magically re-appear when unmounted.

its only my windows machine's shares that do this, anythign remotely linux is totally fine.
    It will be more like a workaround because of webos limitation. We had this workaround before but due to new sorting feature it was removed. There will be a quick update at our website. The app catalog update will follow that.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    Hopefully this fixes the problem since the update where Kalemsoft player won't recognize or play my mp4 files that are larger than 2gb.
    It will be more like a workaround because of webos limitation. We had this workaround before but due to new sorting feature it was removed. There will be a quick update at our website. The app catalog update will follow that.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    please make it quick kalemsoft as I'm still looking on how to revert back to the 0.5 version as it won't recognize most of my mkv files. thanks!
    I've updated both the Kalemsoft client on my Touchpad (to 0.6.2) and the media server on my Win 7 machine. Prior to updating, everything worked fine.

However, after updating, I can no longer stream (via Remote Media). When i attempt to do so, I receive the box "Kalemsoft directory service may be down."

However, when I use Bhome, with Kalemsoft media server as the renderer, it still works (as before).

Advice? thanks.
    KalemSoft Player works well with PlayOn (mpg) format & BHomePro. Just purchased and very happy.
    Has anyone else noticed blockiness during motion scenes when streaming 720p files? I'm trying to stream a 720p movie that is around 4gb and whenever there is motion there is blockiness.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    OK- so how does KMP and bHome link together? To me, there is nothing different with the new versions. What am I doing wrong (I have the paid-for versions of both products)

Alan
    OK- so how does KMP and bHome link together? To me, there is nothing different with the new versions. What am I doing wrong (I have the paid-for versions of both products)

Alan
    Set KalemSoft as the external player in the BHome preferences. Select the video from the BHome interface
    Quote Originally Posted by Drbeckman View Post
    And what about waste of time ?

I don't want to reencode a HD video file everytime i use one.

I want my Touchpad to be plug and play and thanks to Kalemsoft it will be like that.
    you arent gonna notice the difference between a compressed video and a giant raw video much if any even on a PC with a 22" average sized monitor, youd only notice (a minor difference) on a much bigger tv/monitor where everything looks a bit rubbish anyways or when the picture is paused/still,

When its all moving theres usually no noticable difference except video with extreme dark parts, some compression codecs handle that a bit bad and make them blocky, but not all, so even on a PC, files that size are pointless, and their definatly pointless on a 10" tablet, bigger filesize does not magically make them somehow better.
    Here is the update with the fix for some folders and files not showing up. Let us know how it works.
    If this works ok, it will be pushed to the app catalog.

http://www.kalemsoft.com/betas/com.k...a_0.6.3_tp.ipk

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    Here is the update with the fix for some folders and files not showing up. Let us know how it works.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    hmm ill try a reboot/reinstall but atm, the shares folders all list the mount points, the windows ones dont vanish, however the contents of both my linux, nas and winblows shared folders are now 100% empty.

EDIT< added some snaps of 3 thigns accessing my winblows share, beta kmplayer, internalz and touchplayer.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by geekpeter; 02/25/2012 at 11:28 AM.
    hmm, scrapped the beta, put back the app cat/stable, and now that version acts like the beta and wont list any files in my share points :|

EDIT: Original / app-cat version still bust after several re-installs/reboots since beta removed, cant access any cifs shares atm.

doh
    Last edited by geekpeter; 02/25/2012 at 11:39 AM.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    Uninstalled the last version, and installed this but it says I need to activate it. Used my email registered with my WebOS account, no luck. I had the free version that expired then I uninstalled an bought a version from the app catalog.
    Quote Originally Posted by rufus279 View Post
    Uninstalled the last version, and installed this but it says I need to activate it. Used my email registered with my WebOS account, no luck. I had the free version that expired then I uninstalled an bought a version from the app catalog.
    Sorry, you need to wait for the app catalog update. We don't have information about your email address since HP doesn't provide it. This is not an official release anyway.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    hmm, scrapped the beta, put back the app cat/stable, and now that version acts like the beta and wont list any files in my share points :|

EDIT: Original / app-cat version still bust after several re-installs/reboots since beta removed, cant access any cifs shares atm.

doh
    It may be related to jailing, have you tried restarting your device? Not sure how the beta can impact the official version otherwise.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post

doh
    And here is the link to previous official release 0.5.3. See if this one works for you still:

http://www.kalemsoft.com/site/demos/...a_0.5.3_tp.ipk

Regards,
    KalemSoft