Page 60 of 67 FirstFirst ... 10505556575859606162636465 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1335
Like Tree128Likes
  1. #1181  
    Quote Originally Posted by jim2012 View Post
    I have some version on my TouchPad that looks like it was resized from the phone version.
    Then, you probably have the wrong version. Check out the download links here:

    KalemSoft - Products

    Regards,
    KalemSoft
  2. #1182  
    Quote Originally Posted by Drbeckman View Post
    The 6.2 version does not find my mkv files. The 5.3 does...
    What's happening ?
    A few other people reported the same. We can view and play mkv files just fine. We believe this has nothing to do with mkv file type but the size of the file. Is your file larger than 2GB? Have you tried with smaller files?

    Regards,
    KalemSoft
  3. #1183  
    Prior to this release, I could mount network shares as nfs mounts and use the player. Now those directories don't show in the player when mounts are made to directories. Remove the mounts, the directories show in the player. Outside the player, all other touchpad apps can see the directories and mounts and traverse the file structure. Please advise. Thank you.
  4. #1184  
    I like this program because it has been updated regularly and has few...if any problems
  5. #1185  
    Quote Originally Posted by rufus279 View Post
    Prior to this release, I could mount network shares as nfs mounts and use the player. Now those directories don't show in the player when mounts are made to directories. Remove the mounts, the directories show in the player. Outside the player, all other touchpad apps can see the directories and mounts and traverse the file structure. Please advise. Thank you.
    I am having the same problem.
  6. #1186  
    Quote Originally Posted by rufus279 View Post
    Prior to this release, I could mount network shares as nfs mounts and use the player. Now those directories don't show in the player when mounts are made to directories. Remove the mounts, the directories show in the player. Outside the player, all other touchpad apps can see the directories and mounts and traverse the file structure. Please advise. Thank you.
    yeah i notice my windows shares become inaccessible when using the enyo network drive mapper, but my nas/linux mounts work fine, the only way i got the windows shares re-working was via the streamer program, no massive big deal all in all tbh.
  7. #1187  
    any news ive missed regarding the pre3 btw, kalem a soon(tm) or no go?
  8. #1188  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    yeah i notice my windows shares become inaccessible when using the enyo network drive mapper, but my nas/linux mounts work fine, the only way i got the windows shares re-working was via the streamer program, no massive big deal all in all tbh.
    It would have been nice to know if this functionality was going away in the release if that was the developers attended purpose. I would not have upgraded the app if that was in the release notes. By having to install and maintain another piece of software just so this player can play them over the network adds another burden to the end user.
  9. #1189  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    yeah i notice my windows shares become inaccessible when using the enyo network drive mapper, but my nas/linux mounts work fine, the only way i got the windows shares re-working was via the streamer program, no massive big deal all in all tbh.
    That's fine if you have a Windows machine to run it on, which I don't.

    I hope this was not intentional on the part of Kalemsoft. I really hope we see a fix for this very soon. This was the only thing I used kmp for, and now it's useless to me.
  10. #1190  
    I am sure this has been asked before but I really don't want to go thru this huge thread to find help for this problem. I am using WIndows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. I am having problems creating an account in the KalemSoft program. When I go to create an account it says "cannot connect to KalemSoft server." I disabled WIndows firewall and still it will not connect to the server to create an account. I checked Windows firewall advanced settings and checked both inbound and outbound rules...there was no listing for KalemSoft in the outbound rules. I created one and tried to create an account again in KalemSoft software and again it says cannot connect to server. Then I go inside my router's GUI to check and see if UPNP is enabled. It was not so I check the box to enable UPNP...but still will not connect to server, even after a restart. Also should mention how my wireless network is set up. I have a main router and 3 repeaters around the house in 3 different rooms with devices hooked to the repeaters for internet acces over my wireless network. Could this be complicating matters?

    What else can I try? Didn't think it would be this complicated when I bought the app for my TouchPad. And I really didn't see much on this problem with a google search. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

    Edit: I guess since I still cannot connect to KalemSoft server when I disable Windows firewall that the problem is not in the firewall. Any ideas? I am also getting a "remote connection test failed" message too, and the wireless tower icon is grayed out. But I haven't even created an account yet because it will not connect to server. Completely lost at this point!
    Last edited by sacflies; 02/24/2012 at 11:07 AM.
  11. #1191  
    Quote Originally Posted by rufus279 View Post
    Prior to this release, I could mount network shares as nfs mounts and use the player. Now those directories don't show in the player when mounts are made to directories. Remove the mounts, the directories show in the player. Outside the player, all other touchpad apps can see the directories and mounts and traverse the file structure. Please advise. Thank you.
    What is your mount point (which folder)?

    Regards,
    Kalemsoft
  12. #1192  
    Quote Originally Posted by sacflies View Post
    I am sure this has been asked before but I really don't want to go thru this huge thread to find help for this problem. I am using WIndows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. I am having problems creating an account in the KalemSoft program. When I go to create an account it says "cannot connect to KalemSoft server." I disabled WIndows firewall and still it will not connect to the server to create an account. I checked Windows firewall advanced settings and checked both inbound and outbound rules...there was no listing for KalemSoft in the outbound rules. I created one and tried to create an account again in KalemSoft software and again it says cannot connect to server. Then I go inside my router's GUI to check and see if UPNP is enabled. It was not so I check the box to enable UPNP...but still will not connect to server, even after a restart. Also should mention how my wireless network is set up. I have a main router and 3 repeaters around the house in 3 different rooms with devices hooked to the repeaters for internet acces over my wireless network. Could this be complicating matters?

    What else can I try? Didn't think it would be this complicated when I bought the app for my TouchPad. And I really didn't see much on this problem with a google search. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

    Edit: I guess since I still cannot connect to KalemSoft server when I disable Windows firewall that the problem is not in the firewall. Any ideas?
    Select "I already have an account" instead of "Register" and you can continue from that point on.

    Regards,
    KalemSoft
  13. #1193  
    Quote Originally Posted by KalemSoft View Post
    Select "I already have an account" instead of "Register" and you can continue from that point on.

    Regards,
    KalemSoft
    Thanks...that worked and the account was created. Any ideas on the "Remote connection test failed!" message?

    It's working! I'm actually streaming a full blu-ray rip of The Social Network to my TouchPad and so far it is streaming flawlessly. And this is a 26GB MKV file. Very impressed so far, although the creating an account step was a little confusing.

    Thanks for the help KalemSoft! This program just instantly made my TouchPad a much better device!
  14. Drbeckman's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    #1194  
    Quote Originally Posted by KalemSoft View Post
    A few other people reported the same. We can view and play mkv files just fine. We believe this has nothing to do with mkv file type but the size of the file. Is your file larger than 2GB? Have you tried with smaller files?

    Regards,
    KalemSoft
    Yes it does not show the files that are bigger than 2 gb.

    A fix is coming ?
  15. #1195  
    Quote Originally Posted by Drbeckman View Post
    Yes it does not show the files that are bigger than 2 gb.

    A fix is coming ?
    shrink/compress the file (utterly no need for files that large on moving images even on a PC and esp on a touchpad) the 2gb things a filesystem limitation.
  16. Drbeckman's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    #1196  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    shrink/compress the file (utterly no need for files that large on moving images even on a PC and esp on a touchpad) the 2gb things a filesystem limitation.
    Why would i do such a thing ?

    Everything worked fine on the previous version.

    And i have a 64Gb Touchpad so i can put big files on it.
  17. #1197  
    Quote Originally Posted by Drbeckman View Post
    Yes it does not show the files that are bigger than 2 gb.

    A fix is coming ?
    It will be more like a workaround because of webos limitation. We had this workaround before but due to new sorting feature it was removed. There will be a quick update at our website. The app catalog update will follow that.

    Regards,
    KalemSoft
  18. #1198  
    Quote Originally Posted by Drbeckman View Post
    Why would i do such a thing ?

    Everything worked fine on the previous version.

    And i have a 64Gb Touchpad so i can put big files on it.
    because its insane and a colossal waste of space? even on a pc.
  19. Drbeckman's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    #1199  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    because its insane and a colossal waste of space? even on a pc.
    And what about waste of time ?

    I don't want to reencode a HD video file everytime i use one.

    I want my Touchpad to be plug and play and thanks to Kalemsoft it will be like that.
  20. #1200  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    any news ive missed regarding the pre3 btw, kalem a soon(tm) or no go?
    Pre3 release is still being planned. Although the CPU is powerful, the GPU has a big bottleneck which we have been trying to optimize. It will come out eventually.

    Regards,
    KalemSoft
    geekpeter likes this.

Posting Permissions