Page 6 of 67 FirstFirst 12345678910111656 ... LastLast
Like Tree128Likes
    any news on when the update that will fix the aspect ratio issue will come? I love this app but watching all my movies make with this app makes them all look really funny.

thanks!
    This post is of my personal opinion and not that of my employer, its affiliates, or related partners.
    I think it just came out. Awesome!

Much nicer now that the movies take up more of the screen with the proper aspect ratio. Glad I bought this app. I like it better than air video server on the ipad.
    Last edited by Weaser999; 08/12/2011 at 06:37 PM.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Does not play .mkv well at all.

Trying to watch a 900mb Tv show and the audio was out of sync within the first 20 seconds. Very disappointing. Especially for a $7 app.

And .mkv support was the only reason I got it. Guess I will convert and play, which is exactly what I didn't want to do.

Fyi im running 3.0.2 and overclocked to 1.5Ghz.
    Disappointed in this app.. any chance of a fix for .mp4 files with AAC audio having slower than expected playback? The built-in player handles it fine.. but the audio is slow in this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Messerschmitts View Post
    Nevermind I reset the TP and now it works fine. If anyone has a similar problem, hold the power button till the TP shuts down completely and turn it back on again.
    That did the job! Thanks. After resetting, the program did'nt crash anymore!
    MKVs work more or less fine with me but can have some issues. Would like to see that cleaned up/fixed. Also I watch animes so would like to see subtitle support. If it can do subs the can someone tell me how to turn them on?
    ------------------------------------------------------
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
    New ratios work but I wish they would display the aspect ratio somewhere on the screen when you toggle through all 3.
    I'm still having an issue with the live TV not working, still stutters like before.
    How about letting us tailor the specific bandwidth setting we want to use for streaming on the client side ourselves, like Orb does? I set my Orb mobile clients at 200k for bandwidth on the client side so I can use the tv tuner without hiccups. Yes its a little grainy, but it does work properly on a consistent basis without stalling based on the quality of my carriers network in the area I strream TV and video most. Until LTE is rolled out on a grand scale, we all have to put up with latency issues no matter which carrier we are using.

When I stream live TV using Orb set at 200k on the client side, no problemo. When I stream live TV using kalemsoft, even set to low quality bandwidth on my clients, it eventually huccups and or stalls forcing me to close Kalemsoft then reopen it and try to reconnect at which time most of the time I find my desktop streamer to be unavailable. Usually a restart of Kalemsoft desktop streamer resolves this, but how, I'm not at home at the those times, I'm remotely streaming through a client.

Ability to specifically set the client side bandwidth use for streaming would allow the user to adjust it based on his or her individual carrier's good or crappy data network.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    The widescreen ratio is better, but still off.

I understand you were going for ability to stream over remote connections (your tethering example) but the picture quality, even on 'high' is quite poor compared to DLNA based solutions, and the sound quality still leaves a lot to be desired.
    bigbradbad likes this.
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    Just bought it- plays my game of thrones encoded .m4v perfectly, toggels aspect from useing entire screen, or "aspect on" for the "widescreen" mode

smooth and synched here

now did I hear that it could stream from our box.net accounts? if so- awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    How about letting us tailor the specific bandwidth setting we want to use for streaming on the client side ourselves, like Orb does?
    This is indeed being planned for the next release.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    We have a new beta release of the media streamer that increases audio and video streaming quality at "high" setting for the TouchPad. It is available here:

http://www.kalemsoft.com/site/demos/...er_v1.0.5b.msi

Could you please give a try to this and let us know how it works?

Note that since this is only a release candidate, it will display a notification that a newer version is available when you launch it. Please ignore that.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Will you add any more support to .mkv files? Such as if the file has dual audio and subtitles you can change it.
    Quote Originally Posted by KalemSoft View Post
    We have a new beta release of the media streamer that increases audio and video streaming quality at "high" setting for the TouchPad. It is available here:

Note that since this is only a release candidate, it will display a notification that a newer version is available when you launch it. Please ignore that.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    For me 1.0.5 is working great the sound slowdown is gone.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    KalemSoft:

Any chance you can make this play .RMVB?

Since this device just got released in Asia Pacific Region, if it can play .RMVB you'll have everyone buying a Touchpad there buying this app!

Edit: And also if the remote media can support unicode it would be awesome, right now it just shows up as ?????? and you can't access those folders.
    This post is of my personal opinion and not that of my employer, its affiliates, or related partners.
    Will this stream media from my PC on my wifi network at home. In other words is this DLNA compliant. Also, does this support WMA?

PS: It would be a good idea to have a trial version. I am sure a lot more people would buy this, considering the higher than average price, if they could be sure that it would serve their purpose.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Will this stream media from my PC on my wifi network at home. In other words is this DLNA compliant. Also, does this support WMA?

PS: It would be a good idea to have a trial version. I am sure a lot more people would buy this, considering the higher than average price, if they could be sure that it would serve their purpose.
    There is a trial version on at their website. That's the one I'm using to see how I like it before I choose to buy it.

KalemSoft - Products
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    There is no DLNA support yet. You can stream over wifi network if you install our free media server to your PC though.

WMA is supported.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Quote Originally Posted by KalemSoft View Post

Regards,

KalemSoft
    I run my streamer as a background service in Windows 7, its much more reliable and remains running in the background no matter who is logged in. Do you know if I can set this beta version up the same way?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.