Page 58 of 67 FirstFirst ... 8485354555657585960616263 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1335
Like Tree128Likes
    When I first got the app on my touchpad it worked brilliantly, but for weeks now my touchpad won't connect to the server. The strangest thing is my pre- connects up fine, which seems to establish the network is all configured properly. I've uninstalled and reinstalled on the Touchpad, tried specifying the server IP address. not sure what to try next.
    USRobotics Palm Pilot -> Palm 3e -> Treo 180 ->Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by errhead View Post
    When I first got the app on my touchpad it worked brilliantly, but for weeks now my touchpad won't connect to the server. The strangest thing is my pre- connects up fine, which seems to establish the network is all configured properly. I've uninstalled and reinstalled on the Touchpad, tried specifying the server IP address. not sure what to try next.
    TouchPad version requires an updated server (1.0.7). That's most probably the issue for you. Note that Pre version doesn't support 1.0.7 yet, so you will need to run both servers at the same time to be able to stream to TouchPad and Pre simultaneously. We will update the Pre version to be compatible with 1.0.7 soon.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    I installed kalem from preware thinking it would play WMV files. When I launch kalem and navigate to my local WMV video, the preview window is all static and when I hit play it just closes kalem completely. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have the latest version 0.5.3.
    Quote Originally Posted by tucc4 View Post
    I installed kalem from preware thinking it would play WMV files. When I launch kalem and navigate to my local WMV video, the preview window is all static and when I hit play it just closes kalem completely. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have the latest version 0.5.3.
    You are probably trying to play copy-protected wmv which is not supported. Does VLC play it?

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    pls integrate sip client into ksmp
    Does anyone else find it frustrating that the progress bar is only a few inches wide? If I miss something, it's impossible (or at best nearly impossible) to go back ~30 seconds (particularly on a long movie). There should be some gesture support to go back or forward 30 seconds.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    is there any way to have this on 2 touchpads that have the same profile?
    I just started to use Kalemsoft Media Player on my TouchPad and found it very nice and professional... except one thing that makes me not 100% happy with it: displaying subtitles.
    I'm from Poland so we use some special characters in Polish. All those special chars are included in UTF-8 and there is no problem with them in any of Windows or Android video players. But there was no way to get them properly displayed in Kalemsoft Media player.
    I tried almost everything - saving subtitles files with several different apps, running them in player with different encoding, I even checked if fonts installed on my TouchPad contains polish special chars (of course YES).
    So I do not get that - why subtitles are not properly displayed with UTF-8? Instead special chars I can only see unreadable signs.

The only way I found to get them displayed properly is to convert subtitles from UTF-8 to ISO 8859-2 (native, almost not used eastern europe chars set).
    But I believe player should properly read UTF-8 encoded subtitles and that's only a bug to be removed in next version

Could be nice if we could get also subtitles sizing/scaling possibilities - to get sometimes a bit bigger letters when needed.
    Don't look for solution - look for EXIT!
    My Palm Pre 2 and TouchPad 32GB are waiting for useful updates and enhancements
    Quote Originally Posted by KalemSoft View Post
    We can always transfer your license to another device if you contact us. It is just that you cannot run it on multiple devices at the same time, like most node-locked licensed software. This is a measure we need to take against piracy or illegal distribution unfortunately.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    <pedant> It isn't piracy. It is copyright infringement. <pedant>

Anyway, I have 2 touchpads, one is licensed and paid directly on your website using my paypal account. When I put the same paypal address into the second touchpad it told me the license was already activated on another device. This is fine.

However - there is no information that I can find that reassures me that if I buy a second license using *the same paypal account* that both Touchpads will activate, operate and upgrade correctly?
    Can you please clarify this?

Thanks,
    PG
    Quote Originally Posted by pgregg View Post
    <pedant> It isn't piracy. It is copyright infringement. <pedant>

Anyway, I have 2 touchpads, one is licensed and paid directly on your website using my paypal account. When I put the same paypal address into the second touchpad it told me the license was already activated on another device. This is fine.

However - there is no information that I can find that reassures me that if I buy a second license using *the same paypal account* that both Touchpads will activate, operate and upgrade correctly?
    Can you please clarify this?

Thanks,
    PG
    Yes, you can purchase a second license under the same paypal email account and you will be able to activate and upgrade your copies using the same email address.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    I just bought the player from the App Store through my TP, it worked while I was connected to the internet, but it doesn't work if I do not have an internet connection. I have the v0.5.3 version. Any help or explanation on why it doesn't work without an internet connection would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance~
    Quote Originally Posted by LaNena79 View Post
    I just bought the player from the App Store through my TP, it worked while I was connected to the internet, but it doesn't work if I do not have an internet connection. I have the v0.5.3 version. Any help or explanation on why it doesn't work without an internet connection would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance~
    You need to download your copy from the app store. It looks like you still have the demo version downloaded from our website.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    Quote Originally Posted by KalemSoft View Post
    You need to download your copy from the app store. It looks like you still have the demo version downloaded from our website.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    I actually adownloaded the app from the app store, I never had the demo version but I fixed it by re-starting my hp and it works amazing now, thank you so much for your response.

Have a wonderful day!
    Any thought as to adding the ability to enter a link to have the app download and/or stream directly from a site (ie: megaupload)? I use the app daily (love it!) for my commutes, and would love the ability to paste a download link for a file (like a tv show) directly into the app and use it to download while I'm at work so I can watch it on the way home.
    Chiming in for the first time. Firstly, I like the program as it seems to work well. But there are two issues that have been irking me. Hopefully there can be some kind of resolution in the near future.

1.) Lack of sleep and/or display shutdown. Now I can understand not allowing the display and/or TP to sleep while actively playing video, but once the video is done and you've returned to the menu system it should allow the TP and display to sleep normally. I typically use my TP to watch video in bed, and if I fall asleep before I shut it down I wake up in the AM to find the display has been on all night and my battery drained accordingly. Not cool.

2.) Not adhering to the DAR. The video properties gives you both SAR and DAR info, yet the program does not seem to follow the DAR. For example, I tried playing a video that had a SAR of 4:3 (encoded 640x480) and a DAR of 16:9, yet it was played back at 4:3 with no way to adjust it to 16:9 (the aspect ratio button did nothing).

Thanks for your time, and keep up the good work!
    I purchased the KalemSoft Media player for TouchPad because of everything I read here saying it was better than the buiilt in player on the TouchPad... and it probably is. I am new to backing up DVD's to MP4 to play on this device, in fact this is the first movie ever. I used WinX DVD to backup the movie to MP4. When the movie was transferred to the TouchPad and played, with the KalemSoft Media player the Audio will not play correctly, it sounds like it is going really sloooooow. If I play the same MP4 with the built in player it works fine. Does anybody know what the optimum settings are for KalemSoft so that when the movie is backed up to MP4 it will work with KalemSoft and the built in player?

I appear to have KalemSoft version 0.5.3.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Hi, does anyone know how to enqueue a folder of files to play instead of one at a time?

Thanks!
    Still the best player for webOS, but the player have the problem of fill/boxed button not responding on all formats except mkv.

Also, a lot of Asian movies are in real media format but the playback is choppy and audio is out of sync with files encoded with resolution of 420p or higher.

Hopefully these issues will be addressed by next update.

Thanks for all your great work!
    What I'd like to see is an audio feature to normalise the sound as volume level varies often between files and formats...
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    What I'd really like is the ability to change the aspect ratio. I have some videos that play great on my PC but are either squashed or letterboxed on Kalem.

Is this possible?

Alan