Page 57 of 67 FirstFirst ... 7475253545556575859606162 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1335
Like Tree128Likes
  1. #1121  
    hi everyone, i bought this app some time ago (the one and only app i have bought so far) and i am using the version 0.4.0. now i have seen that there is a never version. my questions now are:
    1. why isn't there a auto information on the update? my touchpad isn't showing any update. 2. how do i get the update? i haven't found any update function in the player itself. do i have to install the version from the homepage and then activaze it with my email adress?
    hope somebody can help me. thanks in advance!
  2. #1122  
    I'm trying to figure out how to stream with good quality. I have a few tv shows on the Touchpad that look and play flawlessly, but if I try to stream those same files over my network, the image is pixelated and grainy.
  3. bioforce2's Avatar
    Posts
    92 Posts
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    #1123  
    Quote Originally Posted by questioneer View Post
    hi everyone, i bought this app some time ago (the one and only app i have bought so far) and i am using the version 0.4.0. now i have seen that there is a never version. my questions now are:
    1. why isn't there a auto information on the update? my touchpad isn't showing any update. 2. how do i get the update? i haven't found any update function in the player itself. do i have to install the version from the homepage and then activaze it with my email adress?
    hope somebody can help me. thanks in advance!
    If you bought It from the app catalog, update from there. If you bought it from the web page, download the new version and activate with the email you used to buy it.
  4. #1124  
    Great app. However, no matter what I'm getting the remote connection test failed. The ports *ARE* open on my firewall and router. Any ideas why? :/ I have the latest version for the streamer and app.
  5. #1125  
    Quote Originally Posted by keplenk View Post
    I would like to share my findings on the new version.

    At long last, it plays subtitles which is a very very awesome new feature.

    However, when I play 720p (mkv) video with subtitles, playback becomes very very choppy making the audio out of sync with the voice + subs. BUT, if I convert that same 720p video using handbrake (using same aspect ratio) and integrate the subtitle, even if it is 720p, the playback is super flawless. The way I look at it, the HP Touchpad's CPU is having a very hard time.

    On the other hand, playing 480p (mkv) is nice and flawless.

    Thanks.
    Yeah I get the same thing with anime MKVs that are 720p with subs. Havent' tried any other 720p mkvs. I know for certain though this was playing 720p buttery smooth before. Hope kalemsoft can find the issue and fix it

    Also I tried OCing the CPU to 1.5 but it's still the same.
  6. #1126  
    Hi all,

    KalemSoft Media Player is now on sale and is 30% off regular price. Thought you might be interested.

    Regards,

    KalemSoft
  7. #1127  
    Hi all,

    KalemSoft Media Player is now on sale and is 30% off regular price. Thought you might be interested.

    Regards,

    KalemSoft
    Just purchased last week at list price, for both my touchpad and my pre, and I'm a satisfied customer. This app is a very good deal at the discounted price!
  8. #1128  
    Quote Originally Posted by KalemSoft View Post
    Hi all,

    KalemSoft Media Player is now on sale and is 30% off regular price. Thought you might be interested.

    Regards,

    KalemSoft
    How close are you to linux or DLNA support? Can you give an ETA? Is overclocking (>1.2Ghz) required for smooth HD video playback?
  9. #1129  
    How close are you to linux or DLNA support? Can you give an ETA? Is overclocking (>1.2Ghz) required for smooth HD video playback?
    DLNA support would be cool, but I've had good luck just mounting Samba shares and playing media from there.
  10. #1130  
    i want to try to stream my media stored on home pc from outside home network..(another hotspot, probly not tether adhoc just yet)
    assuming all ports for this are enabled,, what do i do to go to my ip addy etc?

    i have streamer working right and player works great.. i stream just fine from w/in my lan..

    there are some 1150 posts.. sorry if my answer is buried here somewhere

    thanx
  11. #1131  
    Quote Originally Posted by amkaos View Post
    i want to try to stream my media stored on home pc from outside home network..(another hotspot, probly not tether adhoc just yet)
    assuming all ports for this are enabled,, what do i do to go to my ip addy etc?

    i have streamer working right and player works great.. i stream just fine from w/in my lan..

    there are some 1150 posts.. sorry if my answer is buried here somewhere

    thanx
    I'd like to know this as well.

    With Synology NAS Diskstation software (not sure if this is Samba shares) and am able to mount the server's music, photo and video folders with the TP 'Network Drives' mapper app. Am able to browse to the mounted TP folder with Kalemsoft and stream video remotely. AudiophileHD can do the same with music. Internalz allows me to download files and folders from the server, all outside the LAN.
    I don't know how or if it's possible to mount a window's shared folder.
  12. #1132  
    Quote Originally Posted by KalemSoft View Post
    Hi all,

    KalemSoft Media Player is now on sale and is 30% off regular price. Thought you might be interested.

    Regards,

    KalemSoft
    Is there a reason to choose one version over the other (App catalog vs website)?
    AZTouchpad
    - 32Gb HP Touchpad, Palm Tungsten E, 32Gb iPhone 4, 16Gb iPod touch (1st Gen)
    *...and I think webOS is awesome
    A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. - Gerald R. Ford
  13. #1133  
    I've been playing with .5.3, and there are some big problems with it. Here are my issues -

    1 - When moving from one video to the next in a playlist, the control buttons on the bottom pop up each time whether auto-hide is set or not. Version .4 doesn't exhibit this behavior, it's really annoying.

    2 - When setting the videos to play in shuffle mode, the list isn't randomly shuffled each time. It's as if the list is shuffled once and saved in the new order. A truly random shuffle would pick a new video each time the end of the current video is reached, but exclude the one currently playing. Again, really annoying to have a 'shuffle' list in the same order each time I hit play.

    3 - Preview pix for videos are showing static, not a preview. I can send a sample vid to test with if you'd like, developers.

    Kalem! Let me know your thoughts, I'm happy to assist QA'ing any changes to fix these. Thanks.
    Last edited by mmarcuse; 12/18/2011 at 04:12 AM.
  14. #1134  
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater1405 View Post
    Great app. However, no matter what I'm getting the remote connection test failed. The ports *ARE* open on my firewall and router. Any ideas why? :/ I have the latest version for the streamer and app.
    I am having the same issue, any help?
  15. #1135  
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleJosh View Post
    I am having the same issue, any help?
    I'm relaying this second hand, but I have a brother with the same issue. The latest update has somehow prevented him from establishing a connection outside of his LAN.

    I can't offer much help to him over long distance, but prior to the last updates he had forwarded ports, disabled firewalls, etc. & it worked fine. He has rechecked everything & has updated both the desktop client & the TouchPad software. In his words "nothing works". Any ideas on what would have changed in the versioning that would have disabled his ability to forward the ports & stream his content away from home?
    In or within a day's drive of Indy? Join one of our meetups!
    http://www.meetup.com/HPwebOS/Indianapolis/

    Twitter: @INDYwebOSMeetup @steffej3
  16. #1136  
    Quote Originally Posted by AZTouchpad View Post
    Is there a reason to choose one version over the other (App catalog vs website)?
    I've found that the website version is updated sooner than waiting for the catalog version. I also just like having an actual file backed up instead of relying on the Catalog. I think that the website version activation relies on Kalemsoft servers (entering an e-mail address) vs the app catalog version which is activated on purchase. On the other hand, the app catalog will *tell* you when there's an updated version available . . . Preference and price variables. . .
  17. #1137  
    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
    I've found that the website version is updated sooner than waiting for the catalog version. I also just like having an actual file backed up instead of relying on the Catalog. I think that the website version activation relies on Kalemsoft servers (entering an e-mail address) vs the app catalog version which is activated on purchase. On the other hand, the app catalog will *tell* you when there's an updated version available . . . Preference and price variables. . .
    Thank you for the reply...
    AZTouchpad
    - 32Gb HP Touchpad, Palm Tungsten E, 32Gb iPhone 4, 16Gb iPod touch (1st Gen)
    *...and I think webOS is awesome
    A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. - Gerald R. Ford
  18. #1138  
    Quote Originally Posted by levinite View Post
    How close are you to linux or DLNA support? Can you give an ETA? Is overclocking (>1.2Ghz) required for smooth HD video playback?
    I need this too ... when please!
  19. #1139  
    I have a similar problem, on similar machine - also Win 7 64 bit. I have newest versions of both the streamer and the player on TouchPad.

    I find the problem is hit and miss though. The majority of my files play perfect, however for some I get this error. All the ones with the error seem to be .mkv files, but I can't find a trend other than that. Many .mkv files play just fine. Size of the files does not seem to be an issue.

    Any suggestions would be welcome!

    Thanks


    Quote Originally Posted by SilverSurfR View Post
    Not sure how no one has a problem running the Media Streamer on Windows 7. Windows 7 64-bit, in my case. Maybe I'm just unlucky.

    Keeping my settings saved and streaming files that need transcoding didn't work unless I ran the streamer as administrator. If I don't, I get the error message "Streaming could not start. Please make sure the file is still accessible on the server."

    The reason this happens is because the streamer is trying to use it's own directory within Program Files for storing its config file along with the temp file (out.avi) it creates when transcoding a stream on-the-fly. Windows doesn't like this. The streamer needs to be updated to use %AppData% instead of it's own directory for these files.

    Workaround: Rather than run the application as Administrator all the time. I gave the Windows group "Users" the permission to Create files/write data in "C:\Program Files (x86)\KalemSoft\KalemSoft Media Streamer". Doesn't work when run at startup, only when launched manually.
  20. #1140  
    Quote Originally Posted by canuckjeffrey View Post
    I have a similar problem, on similar machine - also Win 7 64 bit. I have newest versions of both the streamer and the player on TouchPad.

    I find the problem is hit and miss though. The majority of my files play perfect, however for some I get this error. All the ones with the error seem to be .mkv files, but I can't find a trend other than that. Many .mkv files play just fine. Size of the files does not seem to be an issue.

    Any suggestions would be welcome!

    Thanks
    If you can provide a sample mkv that exhibits this problem, we can take a look. Please open a support ticket at our website and we will get back to you.

    Regards,

    KalemSoft

Posting Permissions