Page 53 of 67 FirstFirst ... 343484950515253545556575863 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1335
Like Tree128Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by KalemSoft View Post
    Are you guys talking about embedded srt subtitles or srt subtitles as a separate file? If it is the latter, the codec type shouldn't really matter. May be the srt file is not in a format the player expects. Can you please try this just for a test:

Say srt file A works with content X and srt file B doesn't work with content Y.
    Can you try to play srt file A with content Y and srt file B with content X? The subs won't match the content obviously, but this should tell us whether it is the content or the subtitle file itself that is the problem.

Thanks,

KalemSoft
    Hi Kalemsoft,

It's srt subtitles as a separate file.
    I have tried the srt which doesn't work with content X (mp4 format) but the same srt does work with content Y (avi format).
    I could not get any of the srt I have to work with content X.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bard View Post
    @Kalemsoft: Just curious. Is your media player already gpu accelerated? It is really smooth to plays my movie collection so far.

One suggestion I hope available for next update. I hope the media player can resume movie I playing after it closed. Like if I play movie using default TP player.

Hope you can note that... I really can't wait for next update...
    It would be impossible to know where you were in the movie you played in a different program without that program writting to an external file that could then be read by the first program. Suffice it to say, this doesn't happen, as there is no incentive for 2 different media programs to work together like this.

Really though if you have KS there's no need for other players, and it does resuming.
    Having the free player stop working after some set number of days makes it impossible to participate in beta testing or see if a new version meets your needs. It would be nice if Kalemsoft could allow it to at least play the first 5-10 minutes of a video after the trial period expires, just to see if the features meet your needs.

I had no idea there was even a trial period so I've only used the software for a few minutes, a couple of versions ago. Now I can't even try the new version without buying it.
    I thought the player still works for you to try as much as you like, as long as you have a Wifi connection?
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BandanaDan View Post
    I thought the player still works for you to try as much as you like, as long as you have a Wifi connection?
    No, the trial version dies after a week or two. That's what the WiFi is checking.

EDIT: From a developer standpoint, this make sense, as you don't want people to just keep getting the new version for free, but I could see bdbr's point as well.
    Are subtitles working? cant load it to try trial(app catalogue dont show that app) and dont wanna buy it if it dont work with .srt
    I am thinking to buy it. Does anyone know if it supports Greek subtitles SRT?
    Also the subtitles are working separately from the Movies? Or must be incorporated?
    @Kalemsoft

Hi I bought your software the other day and I am very impressed with the quality of playback on the TP. I was wondering if in the future the media player will be compatible with standard media servers?

It would be a huge advantage to me and probably many others if we could use our current media server that supplies our other media devices without installing more software.
    Hi,

What are the video/audio codec types in the AVI?

Regards,

KalemSoft
    The new release 0.5.1 solved my problem. Good job, KalemSoft!
    Hi all,

We just made a quick (mainly bug-fix) release for some of the reported issues in 0.5.1:

v0.5.2 - 11/14/2011
    ===================
    - Fixed bookmark deletion crash
    - Fixed the issue of external SRT subtitles not showing up with mp4/mkv content
    - Fixed subtitle selection bug for streamed content stored
    under certain folders such as "Videos"
    - Added m2ts file extension support for locally stored files
    - Added back volume mute button
    - Fixed multi-finger scrolling glitch
    - Consistent font for Latin character sets (no more switch between serif, sans-serif chars)
    - Fixed 10-bit YUV video rendering issue

Enjoy...

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Hey,

Thanks for the wonderful new release and bug fixes in v0.5.2

Great work!

Just a few points to consider for the next releases:

1) The subtitles are now all Times New Roman? Is it possible to include a bolder Sans Serif style font next time [for UTF/ASCII style]?

2) The Mute button is back. Is it possible to include a volume level again, like for example if we hold on the Mute Button an extra vertical slider graphic comes up?

3) Here's hoping the automatic autodim/white level webOS and KalemPlayer issue gets resolved.
    will update in HP App Catalog be available before 11/21?

thanks!
    that's what the music player app is for. (which can play music when the app is
    minimized in the background)

I sometimes just demux the video and play the audio file by itself if all I want is
    the music. (especially on music videos)

F7

I don't have any music files on my TP. I download youtube videos with music and lectures because the streaming has been so iffy & I have things I like to view repeatedly. I also have video content from tbn.org that I like to listen to while I do other things. I guess this ability won't be forthcoming. Thanks for your reply.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    How do I change the settings? There is no subtitle support in the player controls.
    I can read and write now on the NTFS Usb or hdd external but I have a problem that Kalemsoft can't browse video files on the mounted folder (Touchplayer browses and plays videos fine). Do you have a solution for this problem???
    Quote Originally Posted by BandanaDan View Post
    1) The subtitles are now all Times New Roman? Is it possible to include a bolder Sans Serif style font next time [for UTF/ASCII style]?
    +1
    @Kalemsoft

I put the your streaming software on my HP Proliant and for some reason the video stutters if I play mkv file on my TP. Does your software transcode files? I was thinking this could be the problem because the server doesn't have a powerful CPU.

When I run the streaming software off of my i5 pc through my network it doesn't stutter but this means that I need to have two computers running to stream to my TP.

Is it possible that in future releases the media player will be compatible with standard media servers that don't need to transcode files?

Cheers
    Jeebus, I really need to start paying attention. I just pulled up my apps and saw there were now 2 Kalemsoft apps. I managed to set up everythin the way I wanted and now everything works great!
    Does Kalemsoft Media Player support subtitles in VOB files? Thank you.
    Hi all,

We just made a quick (mainly bug-fix) release for some of the reported issues in 0.5.1:

v0.5.2 - 11/14/2011
    ===================
    - Fixed bookmark deletion crash
    - Fixed the issue of external SRT subtitles not showing up with mp4/mkv content
    - Fixed subtitle selection bug for streamed content stored
    under certain folders such as "Videos"
    - Added m2ts file extension support for locally stored files
    - Added back volume mute button
    - Fixed multi-finger scrolling glitch
    - Consistent font for Latin character sets (no more switch between serif, sans-serif chars)
    - Fixed 10-bit YUV video rendering issue

Enjoy...

Regards,

KalemSoft
    I purchased KalemSoft Media Player weeks ago. I just checked, and I'm still on version 0.4.0, and my Software Manager isn't recognizing that I need an update. Do I need to purchase the updated version?

Thanks