Page 52 of 67 FirstFirst ... 242474849505152535455565762 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1335
Like Tree128Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by belstead View Post
    If I am doing something wrong please tell me what I have to do right.

It worked fine for a while but stopped working with a message that it couldn't access folders/files and to make sure they could be read and this error may be fixed with a restart. Tried that a few times but no joy. Then I started getting a message about no network connection.

Went in through settings to try and activate and I tried every e-mail address I use (incase I had tried the wrong one first of all) but it didn't recognise any of them. So I thought i'd start from afresh once more. Deleted the app again and reinstalled the latest version (downloaded the IPK from the site and used WebOsQuickInstaller) and tried to activate but again it wouldn't accept e-mail address. It seems to work again but I am obviously on a trial version as I can't register and it'll no doubt stop working again after the trial runs out.

It's a nice app and if I have to reinstall it every week after my trial runs out then that's what i'll do, i've paid for it after all. But lack of being able to find a remedy means it's a massive PITA and not really something I feel I can recommend.
    Ok, please email us your paypal email address which you think you used during purchase and your full name and we will check our records. You can send a private message or contact us via KalemSoft - Live Support Solution (Powered By Help Center Live)

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Quote Originally Posted by KalemSoft View Post
    Ok, please email us your paypal email address which you think you used during purchase and your full name and we will check our records. You can send a private message or contact us via KalemSoft - Live Support Solution (Powered By Help Center Live)

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Sent you a PM.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    @kalem:

is there a possibility for this:

add a "WORKING" sleep timer which shuts tp down or puts it to standby (selectable) after xxx minutes.

together with something like this in the options section:

what to do when playback ends:
    [ ] do nothing
    [x] play next file
    [ ] exit ksmp
    Last edited by thomaz; 11/10/2011 at 01:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by thomaz View Post
    people bought this app and now have to use a 0.5.0 beta demo version
    Why is that? The app catalog has v0.4.0 now which is the official release (not the beta) and is going to be updated to 0.5.1 soon (already submitted).

In addition to this, we also release intermediate beta versions. You don't have to install them, you can just go with the official releases.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    @kalem:

Yes, we noted that down for a future update.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    @kalem:

I have often wondered which of the following will reach "final" first:

(1) Kalemsoft Media Player

(2) CM7 (dual booting Android and webOS)

(3) webOS (currently at 3.04)

The current Kalemsoft player (0.4 from App Catalog) is useful,
    minus a few necessary features. I dont' regret paying for it.
    I don't go to IHOP and expect to be served free pancakes. Nor
    do I visit Hamburg and expect freebies. Paying for apps is
    the only way to fufill a human desire.
    My problem solved, seems there was an issue with updating from the website/app catalog when purchasing from the other.

Can't fault the customer service, i'll leave my review for a couple of weeks to make sure things still work smoothly (I am sure they will). I use the media player twice a day, in and out of London on the train on my commute and it's a tedious journey without entertainment, especially given the punctuality and reliability of English trains.
    edit.. double post
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    the message about not being able to access files is linked to the no sound problem that pulse audio cures

I can't help with the other one.

I like KS. I just need a version that shows me ALL the filenames, not just the first few letters.

Alan

Alan
    Cha likes this.
    I've just installed the new 0.5.1 build. I've had no problems with activating my license or install - I'm using webOS 3.04 and the latest Pre-ware v1.8.5. I've also purchased this product twice [once off HP Catalogue and also through Paypal].

Some features have been fixed from the previous version [see my previous post on the testing]

And I am absolutely thrilled the Player now remembers the last directory on start-up! YES! This is awesome and the only thing I thought was really BETA and unrefined about the program. In fact this feature alone means I probably wont really feel the rush to update the Touchpad anytime soon.

Also pretty happy that the jaggy button graphics and distorted thumbnails have been fixed.

Apologies if I seem really brash and like a nag when it comes to Q/Cing... Things to consider to be fixed in the future versions:

* If Rotating Feature is enabled, could the Menu on start-up be rotatable too? I notice on 0.5.0 the Menu never rotates, on 0.5.1 the menu only rotates after we play a video and rotate the Touchpad. I guess this was left due to the buggy nature of HD videos, hopefully you guys solve that issue.

* The autodim is still a problem! Why doesn't the Player keep upping and lowing the brightness? It's especially noticeable when Subtitles are on. When subtitles come up, the Brightness jolts up, then it dims down when subtitles turn off, then back up when displayed.

* Is the Video/Audio/Subtitle Details page here to stay? In that case, I suggest the left navigation panel can now be wider to accomodate for longer file-names. In previous builds, the left navigation panel was thin because a video would be playing at the same time, but that's not the case any more.

* Seperate.srt do not work with any .mp4 files during local playback. On Remote playback it works.

* I still miss that volume level bar...

* On Remote Playback, seperate .srt's seem to play automatically but local playback it doesn't. Unfortunately if I try to untick it or change the subtitle or Audio stream on Remote Playback, the Video Stream unticks itself and crashes the Media Streamer version 1.0.7. I've opened a ticketing system but is this problem unique to me or is anyone else experiencing it?

Keep up the good work!
    Last edited by BandanaDan; 11/11/2011 at 06:45 PM. Reason: Added in problem with autodim
    I asked earlier in the thread and never got an answer. Is there anyway for this to play in the background with the screen minimized?
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    I downloaded and installed the 'demo' from the Kalemsoft website to see if the app fixed some audio/video clipping I've been getting with some video files with the default player.

I 'activated' the demo at home figuring it would time out after some pre-determined number of days or uses; however when I tried to play a video file at work (no WiFi access) the same activation prompt showed up again. Does the 'demo' require a valid WiFi connection EVERY time the app is launched? I was really hoping to test the App while at work but I have no WiFi connection available there...
    AZTouchpad
    - 32Gb HP Touchpad, Palm Tungsten E, 32Gb iPhone 4, 16Gb iPod touch (1st Gen)
    *...and I think webOS is awesome
    A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. - Gerald R. Ford
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    I asked earlier in the thread and never got an answer. Is there anyway for this to play in the background with the screen minimized?
    that's what the music player app is for. (which can play music when the app is
    minimized in the background)

I sometimes just demux the video and play the audio file by itself if all I want is
    the music. (especially on music videos)

F7
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AZTouchpad View Post
    I downloaded and installed the 'demo' from the Kalemsoft website to see if the app fixed some audio/video clipping I've been getting with some video files with the default player.

I 'activated' the demo at home figuring it would time out after some pre-determined number of days or uses; however when I tried to play a video file at work (no WiFi access) the same activation prompt showed up again. Does the 'demo' require a valid WiFi connection EVERY time the app is launched? I was really hoping to test the App while at work but I have no WiFi connection available there...
    If you haven't bought it needs wifi. Otherwise it works fine without it.
    Quote Originally Posted by whocares69 View Post
    If you haven't bought it needs wifi. Otherwise it works fine without it.
    Ahh...thank you for the reply. Will try to wait till this weekend to test then since I'll need a WiFi connection.
    AZTouchpad
    - 32Gb HP Touchpad, Palm Tungsten E, 32Gb iPhone 4, 16Gb iPod touch (1st Gen)
    *...and I think webOS is awesome
    A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. - Gerald R. Ford
    srt subtitles does work with my mp4(704x396) video but works on other avi videos, any way to solve this?
    Quote Originally Posted by chronorec View Post
    srt subtitles does work with my mp4(704x396) video but works on other avi videos, any way to solve this?
    Are you guys talking about embedded srt subtitles or srt subtitles as a separate file? If it is the latter, the codec type shouldn't really matter. May be the srt file is not in a format the player expects. Can you please try this just for a test:

Say srt file A works with content X and srt file B doesn't work with content Y.
    Can you try to play srt file A with content Y and srt file B with content X? The subs won't match the content obviously, but this should tell us whether it is the content or the subtitle file itself that is the problem.

Thanks,

KalemSoft
    Quote Originally Posted by KalemSoft View Post
    Are you guys talking about embedded srt subtitles or srt subtitles as a separate file? If it is the latter, the codec type shouldn't really matter. May be the srt file is not in a format the player expects. Can you please try this just for a test:

Say srt file A works with content X and srt file B doesn't work with content Y.
    Can you try to play srt file A with content Y and srt file B with content X? The subs won't match the content obviously, but this should tell us whether it is the content or the subtitle file itself that is the problem.

Thanks,

KalemSoft

We is talking about seperate .srt files, I noted this down on the 0.50 beta a while ago:

.avi and .srt files work fine and display the subtitles.

.mp4 and .srt files does not display the subtitles.

It doesn't matter if the .srt works in all .avi and even if the .srt conforms to all Subtitle coding standards - it will not display with any .mp4 video file on LOCAL playback. On Remote playback it works... but crashes if subtitle stream is unticked here?
    Another bug, when I choose west EU (Portugal) subs encoding, the subtitles font style are always switching during the movie.

For example, if one subtitle line with no west EU caracters appears is displayed with tahoma font style but when came one line with west EU caracters the font style turn to times new roman.
    @Kalemsoft: Just curious. Is your media player already gpu accelerated? It is really smooth to plays my movie collection so far.

One suggestion I hope available for next update. I hope the media player can resume movie I playing after it closed. Like if I play movie using default TP player.

Hope you can note that... I really can't wait for next update...