Page 50 of 67 FirstFirst ... 40454647484950515253545560 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1335
Like Tree128Likes
    From the last few pages of posts I take it that if I purchased the application through the HP App store I can't try the new beta? If that is not correct can someone please let me know how I can?

If I can't try the beta, any idea when the new version with all the new enhancements will be available? At this time the current released version is a bit unusable for me because I mainly use it to stream long sports games and it stops after ~45minutes - restarting and jumping ahead only works sometimes and really struggles on 3+ hr files. Sounds like these issues have been addressed in the new issue so I really want to check it out!
    any word on when the new update will appear in the HP App Catalog?
    sorry if it's already been answered, but i just purchased 0.40 from the app store and audio doesn't work for MKV files. is this a known issue with a fix?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by atmosphere325 View Post
    sorry if it's already been answered, but i just purchased 0.40 from the app store and audio doesn't work for MKV files. is this a known issue with a fix?

Thanks!
    Is this a local or streamed MKV? And in what audio codec? I've yet to encounter a file where audio would not play.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    The only time I haven't had audio in the new beta was an mkv with flac audio.
    Quote Originally Posted by xaev01 View Post
    Is this a local or streamed MKV? And in what audio codec? I've yet to encounter a file where audio would not play.
    local...and i'm not sure about the audio codec. how do i find that?

i've tried two MKV files, and am converting one to AVI to see if that works
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    On the screen before you hit play it should show you info on the audio, video, and subtitle streams. For audio it will be something like aac, flac, etc
    Quote Originally Posted by whocares69 View Post
    On the screen before you hit play it should show you info on the audio, video, and subtitle streams. For audio it will be something like aac, flac, etc
    in the Media Player? it doesn't show it. the filename itself does say "DTS" though

however, after converting an MKV to AVI, the sound's now working, but the audio is not in sync

i can't believe that i paid $8 for a basic app that doesn't work but supposedly is the best webos media player..
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    in the Media Player? it doesn't show it. the filename itself does say "DTS" though

however, after converting an MKV to AVI, the sound's now working, but the audio is not in sync

i can't believe that i paid $8 for a basic app that doesn't work but supposedly is the best webos media player..
    My bad, I see your using 0.4, I assumed you were using the 0.5 beta. It seems to fix a lot of problems. Can't say I've tried DTS on it though.

I just tested a 6-channel DTS-HD mkv on 0.5.0 and 0.4.0 and it worked flawlessly on both. In the player, long-press on the file and select "Info" and type what it says for the audio stream, can ya? Might help in narrowing down the problem.
    I just tested a 6-channel DTS-HD mkv on 0.5.0 and 0.4.0 and it worked flawlessly on both. In the player, long-press on the file and select "Info" and type what it says for the audio stream, can ya? Might help in narrowing down the problem.
    Is 0.5.0 already support subtitle for mkv movie? Including muxed subtitle?

I really hope that kalemsoft can manage to make that happen.

from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bard View Post
    Is 0.5.0 already support subtitle for mkv movie? Including muxed subtitle?

I really hope that kalemsoft can manage to make that happen.

from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Yes. It supports all embedded sub formats I've tried, but not formatting.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Yes. It supports all embedded sub formats I've tried, but not formatting.
    But it least does properly ignore comments, unlike my WDTV.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    btw. isnt it illegal to make money with stolen open source code ?

for example dvbviewer (15 euro) for windows isnt allowed to include ffmpeg and vlc into their setup but kalemsoft is allowed to make money by using ffmpeg code ?

really strange this is
    Quote Originally Posted by thomaz View Post

for example dvbviewer (15 euro) for windows isnt allowed to include ffmpeg and vlc into their setup but kalemsoft is allowed to make money by using ffmpeg code ?

really strange this is
    It is not stolen open source code. ffmpeg is licensed under LGPL which means you can use it for proprietary applications. Probably dozens of such applications are using ffmpeg legally now.

We suggest you read this:

The Free Software Definition - GNU Project - Free Software Foundation (FSF)

This statement from the link should make it clear:

“Free software” is a matter of liberty, not price. To understand the concept, you should think of “free” as in “free speech,” not as in “free beer.”

The OS you are running on your TouchPad now is based on free (GNU licensed) software :-)

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Last edited by KalemSoft; 11/01/2011 at 07:41 PM.
    My bad, I see your using 0.4, I assumed you were using the 0.5 beta. It seems to fix a lot of problems. Can't say I've tried DTS on it though.
    how do i upgrade to 0.5.0 beta from 0.4.0? again, sorry if it's been answered previously 40 times...

the MKV with AAC audio is VERY jittery. both the MKV and AVI with MP3 audio are out of sync
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    how do i upgrade to 0.5.0 beta from 0.4.0? again, sorry if it's been answered previously 40 times...

the MKV with AAC audio is VERY jittery. both the MKV and AVI with MP3 audio are out of sync
    If you have preware installed, open this on the TP:
    http://www.kalemsoft.com/betas/com.k...a_0.5.0_tp.ipk

Otherwise, download to to your PC and use webos quick install.
    Quote Originally Posted by thomaz View Post

really strange this is
    Please remove KalemSoft and never use it again. Thinking the app creation is wrong but love using it, really strange this is.
    If you have preware installed, open this on the TP:
    http://www.kalemsoft.com/betas/com.k...a_0.5.0_tp.ipk

Otherwise, download to to your PC and use webos quick install.
    thanks! i'll give this a shot when i get home.

i've had my TP for a minute and this is my first WebOS devise, so i'm just trying to get my bearings...
    does it support Unicode on V.0.4.0? I try it doesnt? any plan for future release?