Page 49 of 67 FirstFirst ... 39444546474849505152535459 ... LastLast
Like Tree128Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tdtp View Post
    I'm having this problem as well. Though for me it goes up and down ever so slightly during playback. I have auto dim turned off in my settings, so it should just stay at one constant level.
    I am having the same issue. I just installed Kalemsoft for the first time on an updated TP. I also have auto dim turned of in settings. It definitely gets brighter and dimmer over and over again. Strange. I have not noticed this behavior in any other app. Anyone have any ideas?
    Does anyone else have a problem with the volume not being near loud enough? I have the TP volume control max'd out but really don't get much out of it.
    Last edited by s00nr1; 10/27/2011 at 03:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by s00nr1 View Post
    Does anyone else have a problem with the volume not being near loud enough? I have the TP volume control max'd out but really don't get much out of it.
    If you have Preware, grab the volume booster patch (just search Volume). It works absolute wonders.
    so i have a problem.

i start recording tv to a mpg or ts file.
    when i start recording i want to watch the file on my touchpad. that works, but it only play to the seconds which where stored when i start playing. after reload i can play more seconds, but i canīt watch the record "live".
    where is the problem?
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowgatl View Post
    I am having the same issue. I just installed Kalemsoft for the first time on an updated TP. I also have auto dim turned of in settings. It definitely gets brighter and dimmer over and over again. Strange. I have not noticed this behavior in any other app. Anyone have any ideas?

I'm having the same issue. I was about to make a post about the dimming issue when I read your post. It's very weird. I turned off the auto-dim, yet when i watch videos in kalemsoft, it seems like it's changing the dim settings. Is it possible that it has some kind of auto-contrast in Kalemsoft?
    Why no DLNA UPnP? My home is fully UPnP enabled (including my Televisions) with Linux Servers serving the content, the only exception is the TouchPad. BHome app (on the TP) does UPnP, unfortunately it doesn't do the codecs that Kalemsoft does.
    If you manage to make your client UPnP compatible then it is useful to me.

Digital Living Network Alliance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Hi Kalemsoft I just updated to pre 3 from pre 2 and am missing your media player, is there any eta on pre 3 version? Its a great app I have on touchpad also.
    IT's a dam shame that we have to PAY for yet another application so that we can watch our movies. I don't have to pay to watch on my DROID.
    you don't have to pay, you could use touch player and kalemsoft for phone is also free.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcatny View Post
    you don't have to pay, you could use touch player and kalemsoft for phone is also free.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    the one for the phone is free for a limited time as I found out, you'll have to buy it if you want to keep using it
    Hi Kalemsoft team,

I'm really happy with the new version, however I have still an issue with m2ts files.
    SAme file just rename with ts or mpg extension works fine.
    Any chance to have this addressed in the released version.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Finally upgraded to the beta and I'm glad I did. The new interface makes the player much easier to use (and of course fixing the 45 minute bug is great).

I did notice some issues that I expect will be fixed before the beta gets promoted---files with the extension of mpeg are not recognized as video files, and mpg-1 streams show up as "Strm #0: Audio:mp3,0 channels". If you click Play anyway, the error message is "Streaming could not start. Please make sure the file is still accessible on the server".
    Last edited by hotshot; 10/28/2011 at 10:51 AM.
    so i have a problem.

i start recording tv to a mpg or ts file.
    when i start recording i want to watch the file on my touchpad. that works, but it only play to the seconds which where stored when i start playing. after reload i can play more seconds, but i canīt watch the record "live".
    where is the problem?
    do u have a dreambox too?
    It s common that a software reads the lenght of the file and just prepares to play that part. Even in windows lots of player have that issue.
    For dreambox http streaming is key...
    I took a look at the 0.5.0 beta.. One oddity I noticed is that video brightness seems to fluctuate. Note I am not talking about auto-dimming backlight unless that also reads from the screen as well.

To demonstrate, if one has the video playing letterboxed, and touches the screen so the interface for the player pops up, the video playing gets "brighter". The interface showing actually changes the black levels and stuff in the video.. touching the screen can also sometimes do this.. and I also noticed that when scenes change, there seems to be a slight delayed change in the black levels.. from dark to white, it's almost as if the program has built in dynamic contrast with no option to turn it off.

The player interface changing the video image is the big one though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Technarch View Post
    I took a look at the 0.5.0 beta.. One oddity I noticed is that video brightness seems to fluctuate. Note I am not talking about auto-dimming backlight unless that also reads from the screen as well.

To demonstrate, if one has the video playing letterboxed, and touches the screen so the interface for the player pops up, the video playing gets "brighter". The interface showing actually changes the black levels and stuff in the video.. touching the screen can also sometimes do this.. and I also noticed that when scenes change, there seems to be a slight delayed change in the black levels.. from dark to white, it's almost as if the program has built in dynamic contrast with no option to turn it off.

The player interface changing the video image is the big one though.
    Interesting.... I now have the Kalemsoft app purchased from the HP Apps Catalog.

I noticed that the Touchpad's auto-dim function does not work when watching videos
    on the Kelamsoft media player. Prior to starting tha app, my brightness setting is
    at 50% and auto-dim is turned on. I shine a flashlight directly at the light sensor
    on the upper right hand corner of the Touchpad. It doesn't alter the brightness of the
    screen. When I close the vide player, the auto-dim functions again.
    Last edited by friedscones; 10/31/2011 at 05:02 PM. Reason: wrong thread
    Quote Originally Posted by friedscones View Post
    Interesting.... I now have the Kalemsoft app purchased from the HP Apps Catalog.

I noticed that the Touchpad's auto-dim function does not work when watching videos
    on the Kelamsoft media player. Prior to starting tha app, my brightness setting is
    at 50% and auto-dim is turned on. I shine a flashlight directly at the light sensor
    on the upper right hand corner of the Touchpad. It doesn't alter the brightness of the
    screen. When I close the vide player, the auto-dim functions again.
    Functioning as normal. KMP overrides auto-dim and display sleep so that you get a consistent viewing experience. It would be a real PITA if your screen dimmed a couple minutes into watching a movie, thus forcing you to pause, readjust brightness, etc. Even worse would be if it sleeps while you're watching something.
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    I have finally tried the player after have the free version on for a few weeks. When playing a video (720 Mkv) I get a full shot and a partial shot of the video at the bottom. Also when scrolling to select a local video the selection menu gets distorted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Panhandle View Post
    I'm having the same issue. I was about to make a post about the dimming issue when I read your post. It's very weird. I turned off the auto-dim, yet when i watch videos in kalemsoft, it seems like it's changing the dim settings. Is it possible that it has some kind of auto-contrast in Kalemsoft?
    Quote Originally Posted by everythingsablur View Post
    Functioning as normal. KMP overrides auto-dim and display sleep so that you get a consistent viewing experience. It would be a real PITA if your screen dimmed a couple minutes into watching a movie, thus forcing you to pause, readjust brightness, etc. Even worse would be if it sleeps while you're watching something.
    I'm having the same problem, auto-dim is turned on for KMP when I have it set to off. Leaving the menu open is the only way I get any consistency.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I found the issue to my subs not working. They do not work well while streaming. Everytime you hit stop or fast forward, it disables the subtitles and it must be re-enabled. The timing of the subs also jump from being on time to very early while streaming. I have an anime where the where there are multiple streams of subtitles but the correct doesn't work while streaming and errors out.

I also had many times where it would glitch and find nothing in the directories. I have to close and re open the app.

I'll definately make an error report as well as getting you an episode of the anime where it can't stream it's subs at all but it plays fine locally.

Keep up the good work as they work well locally and I'll just copy them over now.
    I tried to stream video files on my TP by CIFS with my laptop and Kalemsoft can't play flawlessly 720p video, it's very laggy. Moreover, I couldn't use Kalemsoft 0.5.0 beta, when I installed it on my TP for the first time, it said "expired". Where can I download the good version 0.5.0 beta? Thanks in advance
    Last edited by hakkinen; 10/31/2011 at 10:56 AM.
    I too also get the weird autodimming problem despite disabling autodim
    on the Touchpad's Screen&Lock settings.

Most noticable on any brightness above minimum setting- watch the auto on scene changes and closeups of people's moving faces.

I can recreate this problem on version 0.40 and 0.50 BETA while running a clean install of 3.04 webos from webos doctor.