Page 48 of 67 FirstFirst ... 38434445464748495051525358 ... LastLast
Like Tree128Likes
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    unfortunately I can get none of the subs in my anime to show. Does it now support streaming? Anyone else have this issue? Subs are in mkv format.

everytime I back out, it seems that the sub box gets unchecked.

Edit: I don't know if my dl is corrupt but they are far from working. I only get it to work in one anime and that is after I stop and enable it at least 3 times. Other animes it just keeps getting rid of the check mark. I tried extracting the a.s.s and ssa files and having the player search for them but it doesn't find the files in the folders. I'm not even sure what file is is looking for.

I'll try renaming them but is kinda disappointed.
    Last edited by EsQueue; 10/25/2011 at 06:48 PM.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nemesis443 View Post
    Your getting subtitles? I don't see any on the anime titles I loaded on my touchpad.
    I tried 10 different files from various series/release groups with embedded subs and they all worked fine for me, even the one with the weird playback showed the subs. So I don't know what to tell you. May have something to do with the sub format.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiberius View Post
    Subtitles should not be on by default, but it should have the option. Assuming all people watch subtitles is wrong, and again screams at your self serving nature. There are plenty of files that have multi audio and subtitles. Specifically anime releases. Just because you don't watch the english audio doesn't mean that those people should have to switch off subs just because you don't want to.
    Your assuming nature is very, offensive may I add.

As I already said previously in reference to how subtitles usually work:

Quote Originally Posted by BandanaDan
    The only times when Subtitles are not on by default is if you're playing a DVD/Bluray and its in your own language, or you've just turned off that feature.
    You can extend that to "anime releases" as you say, but isn't that also detected by the Player's language settings? Hence if your Player is set to French, you'll get the French audio track first and no subtitles - if not, you get the original language and then the French subtitles. Unfortunately I don't know the scope of how Kalemsoft Player works in regards to automatically detecting these things. Because, yes, it's different to a desktop or iOS or Android as you say.

But if you went through the trouble of adding in a seperate .srt or .a-s-s file, you probably want THOSE files to play by default. Or at least the the option and the Player to remember your settings at least.

This BETA definately has a weird issue though, .mkv and .ogm where the Encoder has turned on the Subtitles on as default is default selected in Kalemsoft - however videos with seperate subtitles files times it isn't default selected. The embedded subtitles being on is probably not a Kalemsoft issue though but whoever encoded that.
    Quote Originally Posted by KalemSoft View Post
    Hi folks,

We are pleased to announce the release of KalemSoft Media Player v0.5.0 public beta. Note that due to streaming changes we added into this version, if you are using streaming features of the player, you need to update KalemSoft Media Streamer as well; otherwise, you will get a compatibility error message.

Here are the list of changes in this version:

- Added subtitle support (SSA/A-S-S, SRT)
    - Added support for multiple audio tracks
    - Added UTF-8 char support (for languages such as Chinese, etc.)
    - Added bluetooth audio support
    - Added thumbnail preview support
    - Added screen rotation support for SD videos only (HD is in the works)
    - Added custom bitrate option for streaming
    - Improved video streaming quality
    - Increased number of list items to 8000 (favs and recordings are still 2000)
    - Added support for bookmarking folders in addition to files
    - Ability to browse folders above /media/internal
    - Added search function within a folder
    - GUI layout change to display full file names
    - Fixed alphabetical sort
    - Fixed AVI seek/pause issue with certain content
    - Fixed TSB buffer overflow problem (45 min limit issue on streaming)
    - Fixes for minor GUI glitches

Streamer improvements:
    - Better streaming support
    - Ability to disable directory service from advanced network settings (this will enable streaming in a local LAN without internet connection)
    - Ability to bind to a certain IP address from advanced network settings (this comes handy if you have multiple NICs on your PC)

The betas are available here:

Media Player:
    http://www.kalemsoft.com/betas/com.k...a_0.5.0_tp.ipk
    Media Streamer:
    http://www.kalemsoft.com/betas/KSMediaStreamer.msi

Important Note: Since the streamer is still beta, our system does not recognize it yet, so please ignore "New version available, do you want to update?" message when you launch it. We will fix this in the near future.

We appreciate your feedback.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    I have test it on my touchpad 3.0.4, Chinese support is poor. In 0.4.0 it cannot display any Chinese, now it can display about half of them, the rest showing like small square. Both the Chinese file names and Chinese subtitles shows like that. I am sure the SRT are UTF-8. Did you test it?
    Looking at these photos. All the "square" are bad words
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The mkv with srt can display, however the avi with srt cannot find subtitles.
    <thread cleaned>
    If I choose subtitle size to medium or large, all characters displays like a square
    I would like to get my media payer from your website. At the moment it is not possible in due to paypal issues. Will I be able to order it soon from your site?
    Last edited by Nike-77; 10/26/2011 at 02:37 PM.
    I have 720p avi files created by creative Vado HD. The audio/video is still not in sync in the new beta release. And the audio stutters after a minutes or so. I already reported this problem to your support center(ticket id 251129). Is this problem gonna fixed in the final release? Thanks.
    IT's a dam shame that we have to PAY for yet another application so that we can watch our movies. I don't have to pay to watch on my DROID.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenpappas View Post
    IT's a dam shame that we have to PAY for yet another application so that we can watch our movies. I don't have to pay to watch on my DROID.
    It could be worse. There could be no options at all.

Thanks KalemSoft for making Media Player.
    spud101 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by yuex View Post
    I have 720p avi files created by creative Vado HD. The audio/video is still not in sync in the new beta release. And the audio stutters after a minutes or so. I already reported this problem to your support center(ticket id 251129). Is this problem gonna fixed in the final release? Thanks.
    Hi,

What are the video/audio codec types in the AVI?

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike-77 View Post
    I would like to get my media payer from your website. At the moment it is not possible in due to paypal issues. Will I be able to order it again soon from your site?
    Probably, if paypal can act soon and respond to our queries. You may want to contact them and ask the same question to them, may be they will look into our issue sooner.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    You can go back to your Android then. iOS has the same limitation: you an only use codecs apple supports natively without additional software. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    It could be worse. There could be no options at all.

Thanks KalemSoft for making Media Player.
    Agreed. I'm more than happy to pay for software that adds functionality and thus value to my day to day use.
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    Quote Originally Posted by KalemSoft View Post
    Hi,

What are the video/audio codec types in the AVI?

Regards,

KalemSoft
    the audio codec is ADPCM(ms), the video codec is h264. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Even on droid you have to either pay or put up with ads to get good playback with subtitle support. (for instance, mx video player) What would be a damn shame is if there was no way to watch at all. Cheers to kalemsoft.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whocares69 View Post
    Even on droid you have to either pay or put up with ads to get good playback with subtitle support. (for instance, mx video player) What would be a damn shame is if there was no way to watch at all. Cheers to kalemsoft.
    We should start ignoring the trolls. If they think that they are entitled to hand-outs, they aren't worth being acknowledged.

But yeah, I do agree with the responses though.
    Quote Originally Posted by EsQueue View Post
    unfortunately I can get none of the subs in my anime to show. Does it now support streaming? Anyone else have this issue? Subs are in mkv format.

everytime I back out, it seems that the sub box gets unchecked.

Edit: I don't know if my dl is corrupt but they are far from working. I only get it to work in one anime and that is after I stop and enable it at least 3 times. Other animes it just keeps getting rid of the check mark. I tried extracting the a.s.s and ssa files and having the player search for them but it doesn't find the files in the folders. I'm not even sure what file is is looking for.

I'll try renaming them but is kinda disappointed.
    Hi,

Could you please contact us directly to make an arrangement to obtain some content from you? We cannot fix this without sample content unfortunately.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    I'm thinking about buying Kalemsoft player. Should I buy now or wait until the newer version with subtitles support is released?

I read that the video will only play in horizontal position. Is this true? There are many videos what I prefer to watch in portrait mode, using only the upper hald of the screen.
    Last edited by friedscones; 10/27/2011 at 12:28 PM.