Page 47 of 67 FirstFirst ... 37424344454647484950515257 ... LastLast
Results 921 to 940 of 1335
Like Tree128Likes
  1. alan sh's Avatar
    Posts
    766 Posts
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    #921  
    thank you. I have that version but it is a bit 'choppy' playing the movies. So I have been waiting for an upgrade.

    Do you think you might incorporate my request in future version?

    alan
  2. #922  
    I bought the v. 0.4.0 directly from Kalemsoft via paypal.

    New additions look great.
    But, will I need to pay again for v.0.5.0 when it comes out of beta?

    I don't want to lose my license by using a beta version.
  3. #923  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jlewy View Post
    I bought the v. 0.4.0 directly from Kalemsoft via paypal.

    New additions look great.
    But, will I need to pay again for v.0.5.0 when it comes out of beta?

    I don't want to lose my license by using a beta version.
    No, you don't need to pay again. Upgrades are free.

    Regards,

    KalemSoft
  4. #924  
    hi
    bought this twice. once for my Pre 2 ( directly from your site ) and a second time for the TP ( via app catalog ).
    upgraded to Pre 3 a few weeks ago. any news regarding Pre 3 compatibility?
    thanks!
  5. #925  
    Quote Originally Posted by yaniv79 View Post
    hi
    bought this twice. once for my Pre 2 ( directly from your site ) and a second time for the TP ( via app catalog ).
    upgraded to Pre 3 a few weeks ago. any news regarding Pre 3 compatibility?
    thanks!
    Yes, Pre3 version is coming...

    Regards,

    KalemSoft
    KromaXamorK likes this.
  6. #926  
    Thanks!
  7. bioforce2's Avatar
    Posts
    92 Posts
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    #927  
    VERY impressed with the new beta, we can finally watch anime on the touchpad! This was the one thing holding me back from buying but I definitely will now.

    Tried it with a variety of 720p mkv anime files and they all worked well, with only 2 exceptions: one with flac audio had no sound and one had the correct video on top but then 2 ghost videos below it, which was a little weird, but I assume it was just because it was hq (info - h264 (high 10), yuv420p10le,1280x720[SAR1:1 DAR 16:9], 23.98 FPS). But like I said, worked awesomely for almost everything, so I'm very impressed.

    One suggestion/wish: Can we get an option for subtitle thickness? For instance thin->medium->thick. Or even just an option to bold. I have the subtitles as large yellow which works most of the time but still gets washed out occasionally.
  8. #928  
    OK, I've thoroughly abused and played with the new player.

    It's great that you've implemented some new features. Time to prep this properly and make it more friendly from here and out of BETA stage!

    IMPROVEMENTS:

    MENU ERGONOMICS AND ROTATION FEATURE



    I'm glad there's a rotation on the Player Settings, however it doesn't account for the menu's orientation.



    This is weird thing to omit, it means we either have to navigate upside down, or we navigate normally and then place upside down for viewing the video.

    Please allow menu to flip as well as the video too. I'm looking forward to the HD rotate support.


    I noticed in this version you've enabled the ability to remember our last Aspect Ratio choice. Great implementation there, I am so happy about that. Also great that the player remembers our last dir choice when we're actually in the player.

    But one thing that hasn't been addressed and absolutely dislike about Kalemsoft Player is the inability to remember the last directory browsed on start up. media/internal is not always the most prettiest place to be. The Favourite/Bookmarks is a wonderful feature for remote streaming off a desktop, but it's clunky for local media.

    This is a clunky way of navigating because it means we have to do 5 or more taps to get to where we want:

    BEST CASE SCENARIO - 4 taps: [Tapping Favourites > Tapping the list on Favourites > Tapping the Video > Tapping the 'Play' to confirm]

    WORSE CASE SCENARIO - 5+ taps: [Tapping Local Media> Finding the folder and tapping on it > Tapping the Video > Tapping the 'Play' to confirm]

    Is there a disadvantage to a 'View All' option like Quick Office/Reader/Music Player/Picture Viewer do, or would that slow down the program due to scanning/cache?

    Why can't the default be our last known location or be in media/internal/videos or even /media/Kalemsoft? This would reduce the need to tap and scroll around.

    Hence:

    3 Taps:
    [Tapping Local Media > Tapping the Video > 'Play' to Confirm]



    Actually, why do we need to tap 'Play' to confirm? Surely we can just remove this step? It wasn't in the other builds before. I suspect this was added because of the Audio track selection source, but is there any other way of implementing this [like while the video is playing via the Play bar?]

    I also miss the ability to navigate through the Menu dir while the video is playing, now we have to press Stop to return to the menu. If this is not possible, then please allow the Player to remember the timecode the video was at so we can automatically resume when pressing Play again. I don't mean by pressing Resume I mean by pressing Play. It's less confusing, and more clean.

    Play bar

    Another thing I really miss is the Audio Levels on the bottom right play bar. Now we now have a Shuffle and a Repeat buttons. Please bring back Audio Levels! It lets us see the level at a glance and is convenient- I don't know why they were removed in these builds. This is mainly for my benefit because I'm too lazy to fiddle the physical volume rocker and possibly wear it out.

    I also want to discuss if anyone here uses the Previous and Next and Record buttons, I've barely ever used them. I only use them on the rarest occasions in VLC Player when I make a playlist involving music videos, or Learning Tutorials... ha actually I do use Next when watching a series. If I'm playing a 2 hour movie, I don't want to accidently press Next/Previous and play another 2 hour movie... which I have done. So maybe the design could be more spacious and optimized? Not too big a deal though just worth considering for future designs/skins.

    Thumbnails



    Most of the time they look terrible for videos where the aspect ratio is 2:40 or 1:85, as it become super squished and the actors look tall and thin.

    Please crop in or use the correct aspect ratio for thumbnails.


    Subtitles

    Even when subtitle font is set to 'Large', it's still too small. In comparison, Kalemsoft Player's 'Large' = VLC Player's 'Small'.

    As reference, here's a screenshot from VLC Player [with Font Size on 'Normal' and Effect on 'Background']



    Please make the subtitles have larger options.

    If it's possible to have the same opaque 70% transparency background effect like VLC Player does, that'd be great. If that's too much rendering, then never mind, I'm happy that there even is a subtitle option in the first place.


    * I do think external subtitles should be enabled by default though. If we placed subtitle files in the folder, we want to use them, so it would save us alot of tapping on the enable subtitle box if it was already chosen for us.

    The only support that works are .SRT files. I can't seem to get any .A-S-S [remove the hypens] subtitle formats to work at all, none of them show up and none are recognised. Also .SUB and .IDX files don't work either. Was it included on this build or will that be in the next Beta?

    * I also noticed when playing a HD video [I tested with a 1280x720 and 1920x1080 h264 encoded .mp4] that the subtitle file didn't appear despite selecting it [maybe it displayed off-screen?] whereas with embedded SD files they work?

    * Some issues with subtitle sync while scrubbing during remote viewing

    * Autodim seems to be engaged despite Autodim being disabled on the Touchpad Screen&Lock settings.



    Besides that, keep up the good work Kalemsoft! Looking forward to the refinements and tweaks.
    Last edited by BandanaDan; 11/03/2011 at 09:35 AM. Reason: Adding in extra quirks as I notice them.
  9. #929  
    This may be answered in the 95 pages of this thread but can you stream away from your home network ?
    sent from my thunderbolt
  10. #930  
    Quote Originally Posted by thirsy1258 View Post
    This may be answered in the 95 pages of this thread but can you stream away from your home network ?
    sent from my thunderbolt
    Yes. You can stream away from your home network. You just need the client to be running on the home pc/mac

    m-
  11. #931  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiberius View Post
    Wow, all I see hear is a lot whining. It sounds like you are just 'lazy" as you stated and incompetent. They are already working on the rotation issue. Subtitles should NOT be on by default. Your entire post screams how you just want it tailored to your desires since you can't be bothered to do anything or learn the controls. Way to put effort into something.

    This is still early in development. I have years of experience in programming and I understand what it takes to get these things running properly. Kalemsoft is doing a great job. I am also an encoder so I have unique knowledge of video, audio and subtitles. It's not easy to create a 'catch-all' program with so many variables. Most encoding groups don't understand how there settings can break a player just because they never learned what they mean, just that they got a result.
    You need anger management. Seriously, feedback is what makes a good product great. And I disagree, subtitles should definitely be on by default. If you didn't want to have subtitles, you wouldn't have subtitle files in the first place.
  12. #932  
    Quote Originally Posted by KalemSoft View Post
    Hi folks,

    We are pleased to announce the release of KalemSoft Media Player v0.5.0 public beta. Note that due to streaming changes we added into this version, if you are using streaming features of the player, you need to update KalemSoft Media Streamer as well; otherwise, you will get a compatibility error message.

    Here are the list of changes in this version:

    - Added subtitle support (SSA/A-S-S, SRT)
    - Added support for multiple audio tracks
    - Added UTF-8 char support (for languages such as Chinese, etc.)
    - Added bluetooth audio support
    - Added thumbnail preview support
    - Added screen rotation support for SD videos only (HD is in the works)
    - Added custom bitrate option for streaming
    - Improved video streaming quality
    - Increased number of list items to 8000 (favs and recordings are still 2000)
    - Added support for bookmarking folders in addition to files
    - Ability to browse folders above /media/internal
    - Added search function within a folder
    - GUI layout change to display full file names
    - Fixed alphabetical sort
    - Fixed AVI seek/pause issue with certain content
    - Fixed TSB buffer overflow problem (45 min limit issue on streaming)
    - Fixes for minor GUI glitches

    Streamer improvements:
    - Better streaming support
    - Ability to disable directory service from advanced network settings (this will enable streaming in a local LAN without internet connection)
    - Ability to bind to a certain IP address from advanced network settings (this comes handy if you have multiple NICs on your PC)

    The betas are available here:

    Media Player:
    http://www.kalemsoft.com/betas/com.k...a_0.5.0_tp.ipk
    Media Streamer:
    http://www.kalemsoft.com/betas/KSMediaStreamer.msi

    Important Note: Since the streamer is still beta, our system does not recognize it yet, so please ignore "New version available, do you want to update?" message when you launch it. We will fix this in the near future.

    We appreciate your feedback.

    Regards,

    KalemSoft
    do you plan to implement streaming support from urls.

    It would be really nice to use kalemSoft Mediaplayer to make apps that display mpeg2 streams from the web.

    My dreambox is producing such an stream and under webOs there is still no solution for this (no player can open the stream).
  13. bioforce2's Avatar
    Posts
    92 Posts
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    #933  
    Subtitles seem to already be on by default for embedded subs, I don't recall having to specifically turn on the subs for any of my anime. I don't have anything with external subs, so it might just be those that you have to manually turn on.

    @Bandanadan As for the next button, I mostly watch series, so I would like to keep it

    EDIT: It may also be because the anime audio is japanese and the subs are english. I again don't have anything with english audio and subs.
    Last edited by whocares69; 10/25/2011 at 08:15 AM.
  14. #934  
    Hi guys, my friend made a stupid mistake, I bought 1 through paypal, since i use preware to install Kalemsoft player. However, one of my friend checked the apps store, see it and click buy and well, he knew my password and...it happened. Now I have like 2 Kalemsoft player in a same touchpad. Will the company refund me? i mean i will remove the preware version by myself?
  15. #935  
    Quote Originally Posted by whocarees69
    Subtitles seem to already be on by default for embedded subs, I don't recall having to specifically turn on the subs for any of my anime. I don't have anything with external subs, so it might just be those that you have to manually turn on.
    For .ogm and .mkv's where the encoder has programmed it to play the subtitles by default on the actual file it will appear for you. But for others where the subtitle isn't muxed in and is a seperate file [.srt and a-s-s] it doesn't come up as a default play option.

    Quote Originally Posted by whocares69 View Post

    @Bandanadan As for the next button, I mostly watch series, so I would like to keep it

    Ahah. Yes I admit I also used the next button as well when watching a series too. Keep the Previous/Next buttons for sure.

    What do you think of the Shuffle and Repeat button? I'm not a Music Video or mini clip watcher really but I can see why they're there. Maybe thinking they could be made smaller or moved n favour of Volume, like the inbuilt HP Music player/iPod/iPhone/iPad design.
  16. #936  
    Just a quick observation from using the KalemSoft player for past few days.

    Considering that there are no alternatives available to watch video in various formats except this player- it is not that bad.
    I do wish that certain futures be available. My gold standard is MVideoPlayer on Android OS.
    One thing (actually two) that are important (for me) and are missing are FF and Rewind buttons. I hate the sliding bar!
    Also, I still can't figure out if there is a way for the player to remember where you are if you close the application. In MVideoPlayer, even if you reboot your devise, it still remembers where you left off for each movie that you were watching.

    I do not do straming so I can't comment on that.
  17. #937  
    Tried the beta, mkv with embedded subtitles worked but when playing an mp4 file with srt subtitles, I could select the subtitles track but it just doesn't appear.
  18. #938  
    Quote Originally Posted by dimka448 View Post
    Just a quick observation from using the KalemSoft player for past few days.

    Considering that there are no alternatives available to watch video in various formats except this player- it is not that bad.
    I do wish that certain futures be available. My gold standard is MVideoPlayer on Android OS.
    One thing (actually two) that are important (for me) and are missing are FF and Rewind buttons. I hate the sliding bar!
    Also, I still can't figure out if there is a way for the player to remember where you are if you close the application. In MVideoPlayer, even if you reboot your devise, it still remembers where you left off for each movie that you were watching.

    I do not do straming so I can't comment on that.
    hold down instead of clicking the video, gives a resume option
  19. bioforce2's Avatar
    Posts
    92 Posts
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    #939  
    Quote Originally Posted by BandanaDan View Post
    I admit I also used the next button as well when watching a series too. Keep the Previous/Next buttons for sure.

    What do you think of the Shuffle and Repeat button? I'm not a Music Video or mini clip watcher really but I can see why they're there. Maybe thinking they could be made smaller or moved n favour of Volume, like the inbuilt HP Music player/iPod/iPhone/iPad design.
    I can't say I have any use for the shuffle and repeat buttons.
  20. #940  
    Quote Originally Posted by whocares69 View Post
    VERY impressed with the new beta, we can finally watch anime on the touchpad! This was the one thing holding me back from buying but I definitely will now.

    Tried it with a variety of 720p mkv anime files and they all worked well, with only 2 exceptions: one with flac audio had no sound and one had the correct video on top but then 2 ghost videos below it, which was a little weird, but I assume it was just because it was hq (info - h264 (high 10), yuv420p10le,1280x720[SAR1:1 DAR 16:9], 23.98 FPS). But like I said, worked awesomely for almost everything, so I'm very impressed.

    One suggestion/wish: Can we get an option for subtitle thickness? For instance thin->medium->thick. Or even just an option to bold. I have the subtitles as large yellow which works most of the time but still gets washed out occasionally.
    Your getting subtitles? I don't see any on the anime titles I loaded on my touchpad.

Posting Permissions