Page 45 of 67 FirstFirst ... 35404142434445464748495055 ... LastLast
Like Tree128Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
    As long as we're all making our wishlist, I hope it will let me play videos longer than 46 minutes and 53 seconds.
    Does it just stop? I was streaming football games to my TP this weekend (was trying the free demo before buying). First off the playback was FAR better than Splashtop but every so often it would just stop streaming and the only thing that fixed it was to click stop and then start on the streaming client and then jump to the point it stopped. When I read your comment I realized that it was happening roughly every 45 minutes but I was wasn't keeping track - it is a bug?

I second the request for a skip forward and back function and/or gesture - need a better way to skip commercials.
    Last edited by Gadgetude; 10/17/2011 at 10:30 PM.
    is there any chance in the near future that kalemsoft would be able to play drm videos??
    i am a student and all our lectures are drm protected.. it would be fantastic if the player be able to play these videos....
    Quote Originally Posted by KalemSoft View Post
    Sorry folks, we have been really busy lately with the application update. It is done and is being tested internally currently. Good news is there are some major updates including subtitle support. Please stay tuned, a few more days to go...

Regards,

KalemSoft
    That's great news!

Any chance for user-selectable cropping in future updates?

For example.... if I choose to crop a 2.35:1 video in the current version, it will crop to
    4:3(aspect-ratio of the Touchpad's screen). That removes a LOT of the picture. It's
    better if I can choose to crop 2.35:1 video to only 16:9(leaving black bars on top/bottom)

THanks!
    is there a chance to have fast forward and rewind buttons? The sliding bar is not really convenient. For example, watching Dexter - each episode starts with 3 to 4 minutes summary of what happened in the previous episode... And I would like to be able fast forward this..
    Can someone post their working config for streaming locally to their Touchpad using Kalemsoft?

Thanks.

m-
    Quote Originally Posted by no_balut_thanks View Post
    Can someone post their working config for streaming locally to their Touchpad using Kalemsoft?

Thanks.

m-
    You've asked this before, and I still have no idea what exactly you mean. All I had to do was set up an account on the streamer, and input those account details into the player and it works perfectly.
    Quote Originally Posted by xaev01 View Post
    You've asked this before, and I still have no idea what exactly you mean. All I had to do was set up an account on the streamer, and input those account details into the player and it works perfectly.
    Sorry for not being more detailed. I am asking for a network map. I have asked what type of routers does Kalemsoft test with no reponse. Some routers are "flat" meaning both WLAN and LAN are on the same subnet (not split 255.255.255.0). While other routers have each interface on different subnets.

For example, my network: WLAN is on a different subnet than the LAN. This is the default setting for my Sonicwall. This model is not considered to be a flat network.

WLAN (255.255.255.192) --> LAN (255.255.255.192) Does not work (with or without ip selected)
    WAN (outside world) --> LAN This works perfectly.

I can see the Kalemsoft client connecting to my Touchpad via the status line in the lower left hand corner, then it drops the connection. Status: Connected--->Ready.

My suspicion is that the Kalemsoft app does not connect in a local network that are on different subnets. I have seen this with my HP printer. The hosting PC (loading s/w) has to be on the same subnet to enable the wireless function of the printer.

m-
    after Installing 3.0.4 real media 720p is slower and choppier , are you guys going to fix that with a new update?
    thx
    Does anyone know if Kalemsoft Streamer Mac version is being worked on? I convinced my colleagues to get Kalemsoft Media Player only to realize there's no Mac version for the Streamer.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sububby View Post
    after Installing 3.0.4 real media 720p is slower and choppier , are you guys going to fix that with a new update?
    thx
    Did you use a kernel you could overclock on the previous version? Maybe when overclocking is available again this will all be fine again.
    Hey, looking forward to new release soon

All I really want is better file organising and the ability to rotate the Touchpad so the speakers face up!
    I had choppy video playback too when I updated to 3.0.4 with the F4 kernel. I uninstalled the F4 kernel and video plays smoothly again.

I am having problems with dimness. Once I dismiss the menu, the screen automatically adjust it's brightness level way down. Whenever I bring the menu back, it gets brighter, then dim again when I dismiss. I don't remember this happening when I was on 3.0.2. This is with v4.0 media player.
    can i watch mpg or ts files from a server or network with this player?
    ( http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...y-ts-mpg.html? )
    I just installed Kalemsoft on my TP. I installed the app thru preware, then purchased it. Received confirmation from Kalemsoft via e-mail, and now when I open the app and try to activate it the keyboard doesn't come up when I try to enter the email I used to purchase the app. Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by kilocharlie View Post
    I just installed Kalemsoft on my TP. I installed the app thru preware, then purchased it. Received confirmation from Kalemsoft via e-mail, and now when I open the app and try to activate it the keyboard doesn't come up when I try to enter the email I used to purchase the app. Any suggestions?
    By, "installed the app thru preware," do you mean you searched for the app in Preware and installed the result, or that you downloaded the app from their website and installed it using Preware? If the former, do the latter.
    By, "installed the app thru preware," do you mean you searched for the app in Preware and installed the result, or that you downloaded the app from their website and installed it using Preware? If the former, do the latter.
    Yes I searched for it & installed the result. I tested an avi file, the purchased it. I will now download the app thru the website & try that for installation.
    That worked! Thanks!!!
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dmcccdmn View Post
    Does anyone know if Kalemsoft Streamer Mac version is being worked on? I convinced my colleagues to get Kalemsoft Media Player only to realize there's no Mac version for the Streamer.
    use network shares to stream data with kalemsoft.
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...kalemsoft.html
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    A great program in general. But I just wish they would get their act together and display non-ASCII characters for file names properly. Even German doesn't work and Chinese comes out as total garbage. They promised this would be fixed an update --- hopefully it will come soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by laxx View Post
    I am having problems with dimness. Once I dismiss the menu, the screen automatically adjust it's brightness level way down. Whenever I bring the menu back, it gets brighter, then dim again when I dismiss. I don't remember this happening when I was on 3.0.2. This is with v4.0 media player.
    I'm having this problem as well. Though for me it goes up and down ever so slightly during playback. I have auto dim turned off in my settings, so it should just stay at one constant level.