Page 44 of 67 FirstFirst ... 34394041424344454647484954 ... LastLast
Like Tree128Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by everythingsablur View Post
    I believe that is it trying to connect back to a central directory service so that your TouchPad can find your computer/streamer when you aren't within the same logical network (i.e. you're in a hotel and want to stream some video from home). If you don't need to use that service, then ignore it and let it fail.

It would be nice if the streamer software gave you the option to just disable it outright.
    That doesn't work because if it can't connect to the service, then it won't go to the "Status: Ready" state, which is needed to be able to stream. Instead, it goes to the "Status: Disconnected" state and won't go farther than that.

The other problem I see is that it complains about not being able to use port 7000 and 7001, but I see it bind to port 7001 and not 7000. No one is binding to the open 7000 port, so I suspect it's a bug in the Kalemsoft streamer.
    Quote Originally Posted by KalemSoft View Post
    This is really weird. The player is not registering for MIME types at all. In fact, it is hard to do that for PDK apps. If you check this thread, people were trying to do it with no complete success. Really wondering how you could manage to do this. Did you install anything else or apply a patch?

Regards,

KalemSoft
    I did not download any patches or anything. Indeed I am not an advanced player. But whenever I try to open a download link to a video file, a clapperboard icon appears which streams the video. I do not want that. The solution I have found, is to use download manager app to download the file into the Touchpad, and use Kalemsoft to open it. Indeed photos and videos app of WebOS can play it too. Nice.
    Subtitles will indeed be supported. Not sure when we said it wouldn't be supported. There must be a confusion. We are trying to make this work for the next version.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    I assume you guys are still working on adding subtitle support.

Will this mean support for varial subtitle formats, including
    SRT, IDX/SUB, as well SSA/A-S-S subtitles?
    (mod... this is not an attempt to bypass word censor, but I can't
    figure out how to say SSA/A-S-S subtitles without it turning into asterisks)

Thanks!
    Any news on an ETA for the next release (even Beta?)

Also, the KalemSoft Forum is being neglected again...
    Bought it today, both 0.4.0 and 0.3.7 crash for me when trying to watch a 720p h264 video in a .mkv container.
    Sorry folks, we have been really busy lately with the application update. It is done and is being tested internally currently. Good news is there are some major updates including subtitle support. Please stay tuned, a few more days to go...

Regards,

KalemSoft
    xaev01 likes this.
    Sorry folks, we have been really busy lately with the application update. It is done and is being tested internally currently. Good news is there are some major updates including subtitle support. Please stay tuned, a few more days to go...

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Will it have support for Swedish language subtitles? (movies where the actors
    speak English)
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchpaddle View Post
    Will it have support for Swedish language subtitles? (movies where the actors
    speak English)
    Not tested, but it should.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Will it support Advanced SubStation subs?
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    You know what I'd like to see? Thumbnail support. Like the way the built in photo/viewer app shows thumbnails of pics and movies. I'd love to see this app instead of just getting a file manager type view also get a visual view to be able to choose which video run...
    Quote Originally Posted by DarienA View Post
    You know what I'd like to see? Thumbnail support. Like the way the built in photo/viewer app shows thumbnails of pics and movies. I'd love to see this app instead of just getting a file manager type view also get a visual view to be able to choose which video run...
    That would be really cool...

I already get that on my iPad 2. The videos show up as small "live" thumbnails, showing
    random 3 to 5 seconds of the videos within the thumbnail. (but only works for videos
    not bought from iTunes)
    If you really need subtitles, Touchplayer v1.0.4 just got out with subtitles support (see the webOS homebrew-apps section).
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I think I saw some one else post about this issue, a file that I just copied to my TouchPad starts playing at 10:00 minutes on Kalemsoft, even though it really is the start of the movie, the total duration remains the same as displayed on the player, resulting in last 10 minutes not being played at all.
    any fixes for this yet? From kalemsoft or otherwise?
    will the new version have audio track selection?
    Been happy so far, had a few small audio sync issue, but its played everything that I've put on the touchpad. Would like a 5/10 second skip via gesture/swipe. Big wish that one day I can watch channels off my hdhomerun.
    Gestures are cool, but they'd have to be very well done so accidental gestures don't happen.

I'd also prefer a bigger timeline bar so I can be more accurate on where I want to be in the video!
    Not tested, but it should.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Are you going to supprt other languages (UTF8) too in the update? It's extremely sad to look at all the gibberish titles (most of my video titles are in Korean).

I'll be giving 1 TP to my Dad (who doesn't speak English very well) soon and I'm still waiting for the update. I (plus millions of other utf8 users) would be really appreciated if you could update that.

Thank you for your continued effort!!
    Last edited by luvmytablet; 10/17/2011 at 08:46 AM.
    I hope it will support muxed subtitles! I surely will buy this app if it can do that.

BTW.. seems this app not available on their website due to paypal issue?
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    I'm still waiting for the next version so my videos play smoothly (although I haven't tried with Warthog yet - I must do that)

Alan
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    As long as we're all making our wishlist, I hope it will let me play videos longer than 46 minutes and 53 seconds.