Page 43 of 67 FirstFirst ... 33383940414243444546474853 ... LastLast
Like Tree128Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by no_balut_thanks View Post
    1. Error message on the Touchpad [Connect with IP and port -not selected]: "Could not communicate with the Kalemsoft directory service. Please make sure you have internet connection."

2. Error message on the Toucpad [Connect with IP and port - selected]: "Could not communicate with the Kalemsoft directory service. Please make sure you have internet connection."

3. Port 7001 is listening: TCP 192.168.1.69:7001 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING

My PC does not have mulitple NIC cards. I am using the onboard ethernet port. The networks are bridged via my router. Also, both devices are on the .1 subnet with appropriate subnet masks.

The PC is running Win7 Pro 64bit. I can ping from the Touchpad to the PC and from the PC to the Touchpad via my WLAN connection.

Is there any additional information you need? Other ideas to add?

@Precentral users: Can someone of you guys/gals type up your current setup where you can stream from your local LAN to your touchpad? The problem I may have could very well be between the chair and keyboard.

Thanks.

m-
    Did you buy the application or are you running the demo? The demo version requires internet connection to be functional (the full version does not). It looks like your TouchPad does not have access to the internet in that scenario and that's why it doesn't work as far as we can tell from the error messages.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Quote Originally Posted by mortymouse View Post
    Does anyone that has downloaded the demo know its limitations? 30 days? Etc? Anyone know, I cant seem to find it on the website and I want to watch a full movie or three before I buy 2 licenses for my touchpads.
    No limitation feature-wise except that you need to be connected to the internet to be able to run it (even for playing local files). This is not needed by the full version. Also, the demo expires after one-week.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Quote Originally Posted by KalemSoft View Post
    Did you buy the application or are you running the demo? The demo version requires internet connection to be functional (the full version does not). It looks like your TouchPad does not have access to the internet in that scenario and that's why it doesn't work as far as we can tell from the error messages.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    I purchased this app from the HP Catalog store for $6.99. The app lets me connect to my PC when I am at work using the work LAN. So it works like this:

WLAN (work)--> WAN --> LAN

Local WLAN-->LAN does not work.

m-
    Hi, any news regarding a pre 3 compatible version?

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Hi,

I have bought Kalemsoft yesterday to play .FLV files. It is by far the most expensive app purchase of mine (including iOS ones). It worked beautifully for the previously downloaded files. However, now there is a problem. Whenever I click the download button of such a file from my TouchPad's web browser, a Kalemsoft window automatically opens and starts to play the file. I do not want that. I would like the file to be downloaded completely. Then I would like to manually open the file through Kalemsoft myself. Any suggestions are welcome.

Best,

Enis.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    I guess that's not a KSM player issue but webOS/browser issue. It's not really fond of downloading all sorts of files.

I have a question for the developers too. I couldn't find anything here or on the site that actually said whether or not we can expect UPnP/DLNA client functionality in a future release. So can we?
    Here is the thing. WebOS/browser did let me download the file before I installed KSM. After the install, the browser does not start downloading the file, but KSM starts playing it automatically. With no download option. I have played with progressive download option of KSM, but that did not help either.
    Quote Originally Posted by eniskayis View Post
    Here is the thing. WebOS/browser did let me download the file before I installed KSM. After the install, the browser does not start downloading the file, but KSM starts playing it automatically. With no download option. I have played with progressive download option of KSM, but that did not help either.
    This is really weird. The player is not registering for MIME types at all. In fact, it is hard to do that for PDK apps. If you check this thread, people were trying to do it with no complete success. Really wondering how you could manage to do this. Did you install anything else or apply a patch?

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Another try

Kalemsoft, can we expect UPnP/DLNA client support in (near) the future?
    Can someone post their working config for streaming locally to their Touchpad using Kalemsoft?

Thanks.

m-
    Quote Originally Posted by KalemSoft View Post
    No limitation feature-wise except that you need to be connected to the internet to be able to run it (even for playing local files). This is not needed by the full version. Also, the demo expires after one-week.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Thank you. I have just purchased a license via the HP store for $6.99

My review so far is that this application has taken everything I have thrown at it. It has played downloaded avi files with all kinds of different codecs, its played movies that I copied from DVDs into digital format to travel with, its played everything it says it will play and I personally have not seen lag, stutter or any kind of sound issues. Honestly it feels a lot like my android device, it simply plays everything I put on it. Love it and I am not regretting paying the $7. Normally I don't pay more than a few bucks for an app UNLESS I am donating or something to that effect. In this case, its worth the $7, and I am happy.

Keep up the good work!
    Last edited by mortymouse; 10/11/2011 at 04:34 PM.
    I must say this is an awesome app. I have my network shares mounted off my Synology box and it works like a dream. Upnp would make life a little bit easier I must say.

I did notice one bug, which is if you have a file that has a special character such as a bracket or an underscore the back button doesn't work. I think the problem is that the back button assumes the .. (up a folder) is at the top of the list and activates it. I found this out because i was watching some music videos and listening to some mp3's and it would always start up the first (hed) p.e. song in that folder.
    I have just downloaded the media player. Is there a way of playing a video in its native aspect ratio, ie possible black bars at the top and bottom of the screen? My videos are always stretched to fill the screen and switching from full to boxed mode just puts black bars down the sides, leading to a more stretched image.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gavinnewlands View Post
    I have just downloaded the media player. Is there a way of playing a video in its native aspect ratio, ie possible black bars at the top and bottom of the screen? My videos are always stretched to fill the screen and switching from full to boxed mode just puts black bars down the sides, leading to a more stretched image.
    All my shows are in a 16:9 aspect ratio. When I put it in boxed mode it adds the correct bars on the bottom and the top of the screen. If it does otherwise then your videos have the incorrect aspect ratio set.

I'm still waiting for subtitles but I am starting to think that this is something that will never happen.
    Excuse me for not reading through all 44 pages of this thread, but i just have a simple question that could probably be fielded by anyone. Is there a way to sort the files that show up in remote media. I have a large folder just called "movies" and its completely out of order.. like just some random order. Can anyone help?
    The Touchpad has landed. Ordered 8-21 Delivered 10-10. 32gb at 1.5ghz.
    I am attempting to play a digital copy file (wmv) on my touchpad locally and everytime I attempt to open it the player shuts down. Any ideas on how to resolve this issue?
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mortymouse

Does anyone that has downloaded the demo know its limitations? 30 days? Etc? Anyone know, I cant seem to find it on the website and I want to watch a full movie or three before I buy 2 licenses for my touchpads.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    I wish I could help u with that. but i'm really not sure what are u tryin to accomplish..
    anyway, this does make sense:
    Quote:

Originally Posted by eniskayis

This is really weird. The player is not registering for MIME types at all. In fact, it is hard to do that for PDK apps. If you check this thread, people were trying to do it with no complete success. Really wondering how you could manage to do this. Did you install anything else or apply a patch?

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Anyway to get this to play when minimized for local files? I don't see an option. Also I've tried to register for the last week, and it says it cant communicate with Kalemsoft server.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    I bought KalemSoft media player for the touchpad and ran the streamer at home and it worked great. I was able to stream all sorts of movies from my PC to my Touchpad without problem. from 1080p MKVs to low quality AVIs. However, I decided to bring it into work and while I was able to launch the Touchpad app, I was not able to launch the media streamer. It kept saying:

"Could not connect to KalemSoft directory service. Please check your internet connection and then select Start from Stream menu or press the antenna icon on the toolbar to retry the connection."

It appears to be trying to connect to 69.163.251.179. Unfortunately, I'm in an intranet that requires a proxy to be able to get to the outside world, but the app does not appears to allow proxies. Why is there even a need for the streamer to connect to an outside service when the client has been paid for?
    Quote Originally Posted by choyj View Post
    "Could not connect to KalemSoft directory service. Please check your internet connection and then select Start from Stream menu or press the antenna icon on the toolbar to retry the connection."

It appears to be trying to connect to 69.163.251.179. Unfortunately, I'm in an intranet that requires a proxy to be able to get to the outside world, but the app does not appears to allow proxies. Why is there even a need for the streamer to connect to an outside service when the client has been paid for?
    I believe that is it trying to connect back to a central directory service so that your TouchPad can find your computer/streamer when you aren't within the same logical network (i.e. you're in a hotel and want to stream some video from home). If you don't need to use that service, then ignore it and let it fail.

It would be nice if the streamer software gave you the option to just disable it outright.
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)