Page 42 of 67 FirstFirst ... 32373839404142434445464752 ... LastLast
Like Tree128Likes
    The 45 min issue is still on-going and have already posted it on there website and they are I believe looking at it

kalemsoft.com • View topic - Streaming Issue with the New 0.4 version
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchpaddle View Post
    If you hardsubbed the MKV, it is part of the picture. Since you're seeing it on the PC
    but not on the Touchpad, I'm going to guess that you only embedded the subs to the
    MKV. (soft subs) Probably need to re-encode and hardsub it again.

The developer said there will be subtitles support in the next version.
    I know your problem. Did you make sure to put it in boxed mode? It may be cutting off your subs. Check out your zoom options.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by froggys View Post
    so wait, is the restart audio patch bad then for KS?
    No, the restart audio patch means I don't have to do a hard restart to start playing videos

Alan
    Ok maybe we can chalk this up to being a n00b in the tablet world, but I download KalemSoft from the preware app. When I pick a movie from the menu, the graphics bunch up, and then when the movie plays, the video changes from landscape to portrait and when you turn it to watch it flips again. Is this not a valid app in preware? Or did I do something wrong? Sorry, again, I'm new to this.
    Erich

**60% of the time, it works every time**
    Quote Originally Posted by rabbie303 View Post
    Ok maybe we can chalk this up to being a n00b in the tablet world, but I download KalemSoft from the preware app. When I pick a movie from the menu, the graphics bunch up, and then when the movie plays, the video changes from landscape to portrait and when you turn it to watch it flips again. Is this not a valid app in preware? Or did I do something wrong? Sorry, again, I'm new to this.
    The version in Preware is very outdated, and made specifically for phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by xaev01 View Post
    The version in Preware is very outdated, and made specifically for phones.
    Heh, that explains it. I guess Touchplayer is the way to go for now. Thanks for the info
    Erich

**60% of the time, it works every time**
    Quote Originally Posted by rabbie303 View Post
    Heh, that explains it. I guess Touchplayer is the way to go for now. Thanks for the info
    Or you could try the demo version from their site.
    KalemSoft - Products
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchpaddle View Post
    I use Kalemsoft Media Player daily. Works great.
    However, I do have some suggestions:

(1) user-selectable color skings, not just the current boring black/gray/white skin

(2) ability to jump to different positions of the video by tapping on the bar, without the need to drag it

(3) automatically start the last video played when the app is started

(4) allow users to choose crop/zoom level, very useful when playing videos in 2.35:1 aspect ratio

(5) adjust screen brightness while video is playing

(6) ability to select alternative audio track in MKV files

(7) pause video by taping anywhere on the video

(8) play video upside-down(home button on left) or in vertical position, but I realize this is a webOS issue

(9) subtitles (it's already coming, according to developer)

Just my small wishlist. I'll glady pay another couple dollars for those features!
    yes these small changes would be good, and if I could suggest some more:
    have the seek bar run along the entire bottom of the screen, for better seeking in long videos.
    being able to set a 'home' directory that'll always be open first, unless not available
    that's actually all I can think of right now. Its a pretty solid player.
    Wanted to use this tonight but it has stopped working. When I click on Local Media I get the following message:

Your license is corrupt.

Reinstalled several times but all to no avail. No idea why this is happening all of a sudden.
    One thing I think might be handy would be have it display briefly what Aspect Ratio is being used. I've noticed with the three sometimes it is difficult to tell if you're on the second or the third one. Even something like 'untouched, stretched, smart stretch', something like that?

And of course, subtitles, that's the one thing I'm really, really waiting for.

Just my 2 cents, overvalued even at that price!

Thanks,

d
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveInFL View Post
    Wanted to use this tonight but it has stopped working. When I click on Local Media I get the following message:

Your license is corrupt.

Reinstalled several times but all to no avail. No idea why this is happening all of a sudden.
    Please open a support ticket at our website: KalemSoft - Live Support Solution (Powered By Help Center Live)

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    Are future updates gonna include better rmvb playback performance?
    I have submitted a ticket to Kalemsoft but have not gotten a response in 3 days.

Here is the ticket:
    Does Kalemsoft have a list of supported routers? I have tried my best to allow WLAN --> LAN streaming (remote media option) with no luck.

1. Remote streaming works from WAN --> LAN
    2. Remote streaming does not work from WLAN --> LAN
    3. I have turned off all firewalls - fail
    4. Streamer (1.0.6) starts up without any errors.

I have a Sonicwall TZ170 and my network has been split to accommodate the same subnet.

Subnet mask: 255.255.255.128

I have verifed against a wireless device that Kalemsoft streaming is not subnet dependent. I can ping between WLAN LAN so it is not a connectivity issue and I can connect from WAN --> LAN so it is not a port forwarding issue.

I am in need of help now. If there is a suggested router that Kalemsoft does their testing with, maybe that would be a start. As a point of reference, Splashtop Remote HD works with minimal setup. I can stream video using that application on the Touchpad.

Also, the hostname/ip option does not work for me. If the WAN>LAN works, the port forwarding is active. Yet, the application cannot see the IP of the hosting PC. I can ping the host PC using xterm from the touchpad.

Please advise.

Thank you.

Maybe someone here on Precentral can help.

m-
    Quote Originally Posted by no_balut_thanks View Post
    I have submitted a ticket to Kalemsoft but have not gotten a response in 3 days.

Here is the ticket:
    Does Kalemsoft have a list of supported routers? I have tried my best to allow WLAN --> LAN streaming (remote media option) with no luck.

1. Remote streaming works from WAN --> LAN
    2. Remote streaming does not work from WLAN --> LAN
    3. I have turned off all firewalls - fail
    4. Streamer (1.0.6) starts up without any errors.

I have a Sonicwall TZ170 and my network has been split to accommodate the same subnet.

Subnet mask: 255.255.255.128

I have verifed against a wireless device that Kalemsoft streaming is not subnet dependent. I can ping between WLAN LAN so it is not a connectivity issue and I can connect from WAN --> LAN so it is not a port forwarding issue.

I am in need of help now. If there is a suggested router that Kalemsoft does their testing with, maybe that would be a start. As a point of reference, Splashtop Remote HD works with minimal setup. I can stream video using that application on the Touchpad.

Also, the hostname/ip option does not work for me. If the WAN>LAN works, the port forwarding is active. Yet, the application cannot see the IP of the hosting PC. I can ping the host PC using xterm from the touchpad.

Please advise.

Thank you.

Maybe someone here on Precentral can help.

m-
    The streamer and player are independent of the router. They just use standard network protocols to communicate so any compliant router should work. You haven't specified the error message, but we assume you are getting a connection failed error rather than streamer is not found or username incorrect message.

Please check first whether the host PC is listening on port 7001 on the correct IP address using "netstat -an" on a DOS prompt. There should be only one entry there. Our guess is if your PC has multiple network cards which are isolated from one other (which seems so), the streamer might be binding on the LAN card instead of WLAN. Try disabling LAN card on the host PC and restart the streamer. See if that works. We will add an option to streamer to select which IP address to bind to for accepting connections. You may also try bridging those two networks.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    kenix likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeftEyeBlindPR View Post
    Are future updates gonna include better rmvb playback performance?
    RMVB is not supported by hardware, so it will be limited to software only decoding. We will see what we can do to improve decoding speed.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    I downloaded the Demo, and it seems to play 720p MKV's wonderfully, Unfortunately Most of my library is in M2TS files (MKv's converted for PS3) And it doesn't seem to even acknowledge that they exist. It just ignores them. I did try 1 720p .ts file and it does play but seems to be jumpy and the lip sync gets off very quickly despite being the same video and audio encoding that plays just fine as an MKV. I am hesitant to buy this until i can prove that it works. I really dont want to recode things back to mkv to watch them. Any Suggestions?

Dr.
    I hope the next version allows video file names to be shown completely, or maybe a smaller font size.

my file names are:

Title of the TV Show - Episode Number - Episode Name.extension

what I see is...

Title of the TV Show - 0...
    Title of the TV Show - 1...
    etc.

makes it pretty hard to pick out which episodes i've seen, or not without seeing the episode number or episode name...
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    I think the developer has already said he'd fix this.
    Does anyone that has downloaded the demo know its limitations? 30 days? Etc? Anyone know, I cant seem to find it on the website and I want to watch a full movie or three before I buy 2 licenses for my touchpads.
    Quote Originally Posted by KalemSoft View Post
    The streamer and player are independent of the router. They just use standard network protocols to communicate so any compliant router should work. You haven't specified the error message, but we assume you are getting a connection failed error rather than streamer is not found or username incorrect message.

Please check first whether the host PC is listening on port 7001 on the correct IP address using "netstat -an" on a DOS prompt. There should be only one entry there. Our guess is if your PC has multiple network cards which are isolated from one other (which seems so), the streamer might be binding on the LAN card instead of WLAN. Try disabling LAN card on the host PC and restart the streamer. See if that works. We will add an option to streamer to select which IP address to bind to for accepting connections. You may also try bridging those two networks.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    1. Error message on the Touchpad [Connect with IP and port -not selected]: "Could not communicate with the Kalemsoft directory service. Please make sure you have internet connection."

2. Error message on the Toucpad [Connect with IP and port - selected]: "Could not communicate with the Kalemsoft directory service. Please make sure you have internet connection."

3. Port 7001 is listening: TCP 192.168.1.69:7001 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING

My PC does not have mulitple NIC cards. I am using the onboard ethernet port. The networks are bridged via my router. Also, both devices are on the .1 subnet with appropriate subnet masks.

The PC is running Win7 Pro 64bit. I can ping from the Touchpad to the PC and from the PC to the Touchpad via my WLAN connection.

Is there any additional information you need? Other ideas to add?

@Precentral users: Can someone of you guys/gals type up your current setup where you can stream from your local LAN to your touchpad? The problem I may have could very well be between the chair and keyboard.

Thanks.

m-