Page 41 of 67 FirstFirst ... 31363738394041424344454651 ... LastLast
Like Tree128Likes
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    i think its more important to work on 100% smooth playback up to 1080p and then its time for subs.
    I have a legal digital copy of a movie, for which I picked the windows media version (wmv). It transfered OK over to the Touchpad, and I can see the movie with correct file name, extension, and size using Gemini. With the Kalemsoft Media Player, when I select local media and go to my media folder, it shows with the correct name, but the file size shows up as unkown file size (not sure if exact words, at work, don't have the touchpad with me ). When I then try to open the movie, Kalemsoft crashes on me. Anyone have the same problem and fixed it, or have I missed something really obvious?
    Quote Originally Posted by ksadams_1 View Post
    I have a legal digital copy of a movie, for which I picked the windows media version (wmv). It transfered OK over to the Touchpad, and I can see the movie with correct file name, extension, and size using Gemini. With the Kalemsoft Media Player, when I select local media and go to my media folder, it shows with the correct name, but the file size shows up as unkown file size (not sure if exact words, at work, don't have the touchpad with me ). When I then try to open the movie, Kalemsoft crashes on me. Anyone have the same problem and fixed it, or have I missed something really obvious?
    Looks like you missed the application description. The player will not play DRM protected movies. Not even VLC can. It requires a special license for that unfortunately...

Regards,

KalemSoft
    There are so many pages for me to check but I'm sure others have mentioned this before. I just want to beg the developer to please add subtitle support on the next update. At least allows something simple like .srt format.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmcccdmn View Post
    There are so many pages for me to check but I'm sure others have mentioned this before. I just want to beg the developer to please add subtitle support on the next update. At least allows something simple like .srt format.
    This will be in the next update. I believe they've said it will also support embedded Advanced Substation (can't say the file extention) subtitles.
    Quote Originally Posted by xaev01 View Post
    This will be in the next update. I believe they've said it will also support embedded Advanced Substation (can't say the file extention) subtitles.
    Or you could call it Substation Alpha v4+
    Quote Originally Posted by thomaz View Post
    i think its more important to work on 100% smooth playback up to 1080p and then its time for subs.
    There are people (like me), who are waiting for the first good media player supporting subtitles to buy it.
    Kalemsoft supposedly don't have much competitors right now, but you never know.
    If I were them, I wouldn't take that bet.
    very disappointed with this app. avi playback has a noticeable sound delay and 720p playback is very jittery. On top of that there is no stream app for OSX. A waste of $7.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardo78 View Post
    very disappointed with this app. avi playback has a noticeable sound delay and 720p playback is very jittery. On top of that there is no stream app for OSX. A waste of $7.
    cardo i dont know why yours is like that..but im having nothing but success with this app. I am using 0.3.7 tho. I tried 0.4.0 (or whatever the version numbers were) and it didnt seem to work as well so i reverted back. Anyway, if it weren't for this app i would have sold the touchpad long ago. Streaming is a breeze and playback is awesome! Good job, love this app.
    How do you revert back? Can it be done if you bought from App Catalog? I'm not happy with the stuttering of my videos in 0.4.0.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Folks, I promise you, if you want to stream video over your home LAN, get Splashtop. The video quality over LAN is better than Kalemsoft AND you get subtitles. It's just a remote desktop app, but it works really well. Only $4.99 now, so it's cheaper than Kalemsoft, but you can do more. Not sure about streaming outside your LAN just yet, but for inside your LAN, this setup rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
    I love the player and have got it working great on my LAN, except for one thing: the streamer and player stop talking to each other randomly---10 minutes into a movie one time, 45 minutes into it another time, etc.

The player complains that it can't get in touch with the streamer. The streamer claims that it is still streaming. I have to restart the streamer in order to get connectivity, and sometimes the player too.

same problem here

win 7 pro 64 bit
    1.0.6 of the streamer
    4.0 of the player for TP.

Doesn't do this on the player for the Pre
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    went ahead and bit the bullet tonight and bought Kalemsoft, i havent watched a whole movie but from the trial i got on the computer it seemed nice enough. got a trip in two weeks so looking forward to using it a lot.
    Just tried the trial version of the player & found that over half of my movie/mv/anime was not able to played.

Simply becoz I can't figure out which is which on the movie list of the player as all of the Chinese & Japanese file name are displayed as strange code.
    I use Kalemsoft Media Player daily. Works great.
    However, I do have some suggestions:

(1) user-selectable color skings, not just the current boring black/gray/white skin

(2) ability to jump to different positions of the video by tapping on the bar, without the need to drag it

(3) automatically start the last video played when the app is started

(4) allow users to choose crop/zoom level, very useful when playing videos in 2.35:1 aspect ratio

(5) adjust screen brightness while video is playing

(6) ability to select alternative audio track in MKV files

(7) pause video by taping anywhere on the video

(8) play video upside-down(home button on left) or in vertical position, but I realize this is a webOS issue

(9) subtitles (it's already coming, according to developer)

Just my small wishlist. I'll glady pay another couple dollars for those features!
    I just want to chime in saying this app is great. I've used it for various local (on the HP) files with no problems, and after having given up on DLNA/NAS access because all the DLNA servers I could find have issues (or maybe I have issues ^^), Kalemsoft's media streamer is a no-brainer to install and use. Pity for the subtitles and the limitations to their own player, but if this a the compromise to make for something that Just Works, I'm OK with it until the DLNA servers catch up.

I didn't notice any sound lag, and never had any crashes.

Kudos guys, and thanks !
    Kalmesoft, full version from HP app store.
    Touchpad OC'd to 1.5

Here is the issue.

I downloaded a family guy S10EP1 mpg video.
    It works on both my Macbook Pro and Touchpad.

However on the Touchpad, the Video player starts at the 10 minute mark on the slider but it's actually starting from the start of the show(If I move the slider back, it still stays at the 10 min mark). Okay fine, weird, but fine.
    However, when the slider hits the end of the bar (Only 10 minutes in) the show stops like it was the end of the episode.

But it's not.

I play the same file on my macbook Pro and it works fine and plays the whole show.

Also there is a little bit of audio sync issue now and then on the Touchpad playing this show.

Any ideas folks?

PS: All my other media files are MKV's and they work fine, is it a Mpeg issue?
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    I think I've found a solution to a bug.

Sometimes KS will show me local files, but when I go to play them, a message comes up saying the file is not available (or not found, can't remember which).

A full restart cures this. But I wanted to do this better. I suddenly realised that it was the same time as my sound stopped working. So, having the "restart audio" patch installed, I tried that. Sure enough, KS then started to work as well.

So, please can the KS developers give me the correct message when this happens.

Alan
    Quote Originally Posted by alan sh View Post
    I think I've found a solution to a bug.

Sometimes KS will show me local files, but when I go to play them, a message comes up saying the file is not available (or not found, can't remember which).

A full restart cures this. But I wanted to do this better. I suddenly realised that it was the same time as my sound stopped working. So, having the "restart audio" patch installed, I tried that. Sure enough, KS then started to work as well.

So, please can the KS developers give me the correct message when this happens.

Alan
    so wait, is the restart audio patch bad then for KS?
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchpaddle View Post
    I use Kalemsoft Media Player daily. Works great.
    However, I do have some suggestions:

(1) user-selectable color skings, not just the current boring black/gray/white skin

(2) ability to jump to different positions of the video by tapping on the bar, without the need to drag it

(3) automatically start the last video played when the app is started

(4) allow users to choose crop/zoom level, very useful when playing videos in 2.35:1 aspect ratio

(5) adjust screen brightness while video is playing

(6) ability to select alternative audio track in MKV files

(7) pause video by taping anywhere on the video

(8) play video upside-down(home button on left) or in vertical position, but I realize this is a webOS issue

(9) subtitles (it's already coming, according to developer)

Just my small wishlist. I'll glady pay another couple dollars for those features!

+1