Page 40 of 67 FirstFirst ... 30353637383940414243444550 ... LastLast
Like Tree128Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by guynux View Post
    ...but it would be so easy if one could use the upnp/dlna protocol with kalemsoft !
    Bhome pro. Very good although it only supports formats that the stock touchpad player supports.
    Typo Lad likes this.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I have the same issue as you described. I think it is because Kalemsoft player does not support UTF8 at this moment, which is odd to me. Most webos apps decode utf8 without problem, such as TouchVideo, etc. Not sure why Kalemsoft player doesn't sopport. Very disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by roundruler View Post
    can anyone see video file names in Asian languages?
    (Hindi/Russian/Chinese/Japanese/Arabic/Korean/etc)

the files names show up fine, in the correct foreign
    language fonts, when displayed on the Touchpad's
    default video player.(or even the Touchplayer)

However, they show up as random meaningless
    symbols and characters in Kalemsoft Media Player.
    (both 0.3.7 and 0.4.0)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinepi View Post
    I have the same issue as you described. I think it is because Kalemsoft player does not support UTF8 at this moment, which is odd to me. Most webos apps decode utf8 without problem, such as TouchVideo, etc. Not sure why Kalemsoft player doesn't sopport. Very disappointed.

Probably because the developer doesn't care..............

There is no competition, so people will just keep on paying $6.99
    for this app. While it works, it resembles a beta software.
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchpaddle View Post

Well, please check the next version coming and see if we care or not. We have been respecting all requests so far and doing our best to add support for them. This is trivial for a javascript application by the way as it comes for free, but it requires special handling for a PDK application such as our media player.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Quote Originally Posted by KalemSoft View Post
    Well, please check the next version coming and see if we care or not. We have been respecting all requests so far and doing our best to add support for them. This is trivial for a javascript application by the way as it comes for free, but it requires special handling for a PDK application such as our media player.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    I have an MKV file that I hardcode subbed myself and Its not showing the subs. It shows up fine on my PC and I have the latest version of KalemSoft Media Player. What do I do? Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Soul Brother View Post
    I have an MKV file that I hardcode subbed myself and Its not showing the subs. It shows up fine on my PC and I have the latest version of KalemSoft Media Player. What do I do? Thanks
    If you hardsubbed the MKV, it is part of the picture. Since you're seeing it on the PC
    but not on the Touchpad, I'm going to guess that you only embedded the subs to the
    MKV. (soft subs) Probably need to re-encode and hardsub it again.

The developer said there will be subtitles support in the next version.
    If you hardsubbed the MKV, it is part of the picture. Since you're seeing it on the PC
    but not on the Touchpad, I'm going to guess that you only embedded the subs to the
    MKV. (soft subs) Probably need to re-encode and hardsub it again.

The developer said there will be subtitles support in the next version.
    Thanks for your swift reply. Do you know the best way to do this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Soul Brother View Post
    Thanks for your swift reply. Do you know the best way to do this?
    Many people like Handbrake. However, I prefer RipBot264.

Choose whichever one you feel most comfortable with.

Most of the my MKVs have German subs. It takes about 3 to 4 hours
    to hardsub them. (for a 2-hour movie)
    Does the Kalemsoft Player Support h264 encoded M2TS files? I remux everything to m2ts for easy use on the PS3 and most of my library is in m2ts. I really don't want to have to transcode for use on the TP.

Dr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_EluSivE View Post
    Does the Kalemsoft Player Support h264 encoded M2TS files? I remux everything to m2ts for easy use on the PS3 and most of my library is in m2ts. I really don't want to have to transcode for use on the TP.

Dr.
    I also remux all of my MKV h264 files to *.ts files for playing on PS3.
    As long as the file is under the 4GB FAT32 limit, it plays fine on the
    Touchpad using Kalemsof Media Player. 720p files are okay, but only
    7 out of 10 1080p files will play.

There are certain MKV h264 files that won't play, but I can get them
    to play if I remux them at a different frame rate. (i.e. choosing
    24fps instead of 23.97fps)
    Hi KalemSoft, Sorry to be a bother, but is there an approximate timeframe as to when we should a new update for the media player to be released.

Its been a while since your last update now, and I've been finding myself checking your site and the HP store on an almost daily basis hoping for a new release; so I thought it'd be better off asking you directly as to whether we should expect it anytime soon.

Thanks.
  12. Cha
    Since I posted with an issue about the streamer before, I feel the need to post how very happy I am with the player in general and the new streamer, specifically.Its been consistently great and I can't think of a time that it hasn't worked since the update. Good job.
    Bring on the subs.
    My TouchPad is going to arrive soon, so obviously I did some research into Apps that are relevant to my interests... which meant I had to stumble across this Media Player.

Since I like to watch subtitled stuff that's contained in .mkv, I'd like to know if there is support for SubStationAlpha softsubs and if it's usable or renders wrongly, please - has anybody made experiences with this yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by twiitar View Post
    My TouchPad is going to arrive soon, so obviously I did some research into Apps that are relevant to my interests... which meant I had to stumble across this Media Player.

Since I like to watch subtitled stuff that's contained in .mkv, I'd like to know if there is support for SubStationAlpha softsubs and if it's usable or renders wrongly, please - has anybody made experiences with this yet?
    It doesn't support subtitles yet. The next release will supposedly support subtitles.

Ok not getting all the hate here. I was set to re encode all of my video's until I found this software. I find the company has actively participated in this forum and listened to almost all request. If your not happy with the software they produce, go find another video player with a streamer for the Touchpad that works as well as this one does. FYI Kalemsoft, I am very happy with your product. Keep up the good work. I have watched probably 60+ hours of video on my touchpad over the past 3 weeks and have had nothing but minor issues.
    Regards
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Thanks for update. Will definitely look at the next version.
    My two feature request: utf8 and subtitle support. Hope to see them in future releases. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by KalemSoft View Post

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Quote Originally Posted by donrstacy View Post
    Ok not getting all the hate here. I was set to re encode all of my video's until I found this software. I find the company has actively participated in this forum and listened to almost all request. If your not happy with the software they produce, go find another video player with a streamer for the Touchpad that works as well as this one does. FYI Kalemsoft, I am very happy with your product. Keep up the good work. I have watched probably 60+ hours of video on my touchpad over the past 3 weeks and have had nothing but minor issues.
    Regards
    dont' get me wrong... I like Kalemsoft Media Player... otherwise I wouldn't have paid for
    it twice for my three Touchpads.
    However, it does have its ups and downs. The
    devloper does keep updating it, which I do appreciate.

by the way, watching 60+ hours of video over 3 weeks? isn't that like 3 hours a day?
    what's the battery life like on your Touchpad when watching videos? Thanks!
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Sorry, I can't bear the thought of looking through 45 pages to see if this question has been asked or answered:

I love the player and have got it working great on my LAN, except for one thing: the streamer and player stop talking to each other randomly---10 minutes into a movie one time, 45 minutes into it another time, etc.

The player complains that it can't get in touch with the streamer. The streamer claims that it is still streaming. I have to restart the streamer in order to get connectivity, and sometimes the player too.

64 Bit Windows 7, Privatefirewall 7.0 with Kalemsoft fully enabled for passthrough, port 7001 listening, streamer 1.0.6, player 4.0. Video comes from an external USB drive. Be glad to experiment if I knew what to do.
  19. Cha
    Do you have the latest streamer from the website? I never had an issue with it while actually streaming, but I used to have problems with it not being able to connect before startup with the old version.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cha View Post
    Do you have the latest streamer from the website? I never had an issue with it while actually streaming, but I used to have problems with it not being able to connect before startup with the old version.
    Well, if this is directed to me, I have 1.0.6 like I said. That's the version that's available for download at the website.

Are you saying that they update the streamer without changing the version number, so that there is a more recent 1.0.6 at the website than the 1.0.6 I downloaded last week?