Page 38 of 67 FirstFirst ... 28333435363738394041424348 ... LastLast
Like Tree128Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BandanaDan View Post
    I agree, the rotation is totally wrong for the tablet I think. It means the speakers are facing the bottom, which means if I'm watching the tab on my stomach/couch the audio gets muffled. I'm afraid I'll crack the speakers plastic [like half the user's on this forum...] with more use, especially with the way it heats up and is compressed. It's like iPhone 3G and Palm Pre all over again with the plastic cracking!

Also when I'm about the exit the card, I want to hear the Angry Birds pullback "errr WEEE!" noise when I exit - so please include this landscape orientation feature.

A few other improvements:

* The ability to remember the last local or remote directory on start-up [like all other programs like Internalz Pro etc do] as it would save alot me alot of scrolling. Also a better default directory then the messy maze of folders at media\internal gah!

* Remembering the aspect ratio - it always seems to want to distort the video and fill the entire screen - No! I want it to always be correct/letterboxed ratio as default.

* I'm looking forward to subtitle support, also hope multiple audio track selection is there too ^_^

Besides that, I think it's a fantastic piece of software. I've had no issues with any 720p files and it's great.

When is the next release? =]
    This is a great piece of software, and the suggestions above would make it even better. Just small improvements that would really increase the ease of use. I personally don't need subtitle support, but I can see why people would want it.
    KalemSoft... Thank you for making this video player. It has provided me with 1/2 of what I needed the TP for. (If you guys can make a decent epub reader, I'll purchase that for $10).

A few requests/questions. I've read through all 39 pages, but didn't see all the responses.

1. Is there a way to set default viewing style? Most of my videos load best in 'boxed' and I always turn on the full screen mode. I'd love to just load the file and go.

2. Is there a plan for a default directory?

3. Any plan or ideas about a 'lite' version for $2-$3 which would only play local media? I'm probably in the minority, but I don't need to stream. I just wanna drop my files on here, and watch them while on the train.

Thanks again....

And to anyone who complains that it is overpriced, or lousy, etc. Capitalism speaks, as does hard work. If you make an app, you can charge your price, and see if people think its worth it. This one clearly has alot of time invested in it.

Want to see what free gets you? Try Touchplayer.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    +1 on a lite version im not that into streaming either.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    I have to say I am a bit disappointed with this app. I have some local mp4 videos which I want to play. They play fine on my ipod touch. On here, they are jerky. It will play ok for about 10 seconds then there is a small sub-second pause then another 10 seconds etc.

This is after a full reset which I had to do because the app wouldn't read the directory that my videos were in and suggested a full reset would cure it.

So, two major issues for me. Do others see this?

Alan
    [my TouchPad is fully pre-wared]
    I wasn't real impressed either. The audio on AVI files was slightly out of sync, not a dealbreaker though.

The real problem was the resume function and fastforward didn't work which means you're committed to watching a movie in it's entirety.

It will be fine for small AVI's from my digital camera but as far as movies, I'll stick to converting with handbrake and using the default player.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    the problem I have with the default player is that one set of mp4s will only play tall and thin. I have tried handbrake - no difference. Kate's player works fine for aspect ratio which is why I bought it. But it doesn't play it right.

am I doomed?

alan
    Seriously guys, please read the thread posts for answers. The info is here. The developer has responded to the issue about choppy playback of AVIs in the latest version and has a solution on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by KalemSoft View Post
    Hi,

A fix is available for AVI pause, seek, choppy playback and lipsync issues and is coming with the next version. This is actually due to a compatibility issue with hardware and those clips you are trying which was revealed by the changes we made in the recent versions. So, it is not strictly a problem in the application itself.

We appreciate your patience.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    I am, therefore I think
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    I'm happy to be patient but the files I am trying to play are m4v files, not AVI. Is it the same issue/solution?
    Quote Originally Posted by alan sh View Post
    I'm happy to be patient but the files I am trying to play are m4v files, not AVI. Is it the same issue/solution?
    I would email the developer directly to find out. This forum is not their official support site but they do try to post here as much as they can. If this problem with your m4v files has been persistent then I most certainly recommend going through their support channels and opening a ticket. Or at least sending an email like I mentioned before.
    I am, therefore I think
    Quote Originally Posted by clayclay350 View Post
    I would email the developer directly to find out. This forum is not their official support site but they do try to post here as much as they can. If this problem with your m4v files has been persistent then I most certainly recommend going through their support channels and opening a ticket. Or at least sending an email like I mentioned before.
    where is their official support site?

thanks!
    All my movies AVI or MKV (HD and SD) are cropped with large black bars. Is there anyway to make it full widescreen sacrificing very little?
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    How to copy a film over 4GB to touchpad? Anybody help me
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by antondat View Post
    You can't due to the file system (fat32).
    Quote Originally Posted by antondat View Post
    if it's a MKV video, just split it into smaller parts. for example, if the file is
    4.4GB, then split it into two 2.2GB files. there are many free softwares
    for this. I use mkvmerge and it works fine.
    Well, I am using a slightly older version of Kalemsoft and it completely chokes on a 1.2 gb MKV file I am trying to play. The audio is fine, but the video lags. It's not that it's out of sync, but that the video performance is sub par. You can see it is running at 20 fps or so vs. 24 fps on my laptop. Eventually, the video and audio becomes way out of sync.

It's cool though. For nearly everything else, the video player works great.
    To Support,

I downloaded media player by going to kalemsoft website from touchpad browser and it installed, and plays divx movies even though not registered/activated/paid for.

Whats missing in this free download and what will change after activation?

Regards
    Paid for version lets you view all the files offline. Free version needs internet connection. This software is well worth the price IMHO, more versatile than certain equivilents on other tablets and just needs some tweaks and refining.
    Thanks.

You mean even though files are stored on touchpad's 32gb memory, it needs internet connection to play? why?

How do i activate/register this?

Quote Originally Posted by BandanaDan View Post
    Paid for version lets you view all the files offline. Free version needs internet connection. This software is well worth the price IMHO, more versatile than certain equivilents on other tablets and just needs some tweaks and refining.
    thanks I had no idea that the website version couldnt play offline. I will give it a whirl and if its good for what i want then i will gladly pay for it!!!
    On Kalemsoft's purchase page media player can't be purchased now, it says "temporarily unavailable through our website due to PayPal issues"

I can't buy thru webos store as I am in Canada and yet to setup US credit card/address to puchase from webos appstore.

Any other solution to pay $6 to Kalemsoft so that my touchpad doesn't sit like brick?