Page 37 of 67 FirstFirst ... 27323334353637383940414247 ... LastLast
Like Tree128Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba_steve View Post
    Does this software support VOBs? Say yes and I'm on this like stink on a monkey
    It should. You can try the demo:

KalemSoft - Products

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Quote Originally Posted by psying View Post
    How do I download this software? Thanks!
    Either app catalog or our website. We have installation instructions here:

www.kalemsoft.com/site/docs/wqi.txt

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Hi,

So just to make sure and be clear for my 3rd question: "3) One last thing, if I would like to buy it through your website and already have the trial version 0.4.0, do we have to uninstall it or can you give me the step to do so? After purchasing it, when it come to updating the version, do we do it the same way as other applications from HP catalog? (I ask this because I plan to buy it from your website instead of the HP catalog and wonder if there is any difference other than the way of installing the player)"

You said: "3) You don't need to uninstall. You will just activate the demo version using your email address. If you buy it from us, you need to get the updates from our website. We are planning to add update notifications into the application, but you can always check our website for new versions. "

Does this means that when we buy from your website we will have to manually do the update version or the touchpad can detect the most recent version and install it? I ask this because when you said if I buy from you, I will have to update from your web so will I have to uninstall and redownload the most recent version? I don't want it to be too complicate.

- And the other way around, if I buy from the HP catalog, will the touchpad automatically detect the updates (using software updates form touchpad) and download it?

- And for the updates, are we just going to have the most stable tested version? I wouldn't like to have a beta, this is why I ask this.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by wintersnow View Post
    Hi,

So just to make sure and be clear for my 3rd question: "3) One last thing, if I would like to buy it through your website and already have the trial version 0.4.0, do we have to uninstall it or can you give me the step to do so? After purchasing it, when it come to updating the version, do we do it the same way as other applications from HP catalog? (I ask this because I plan to buy it from your website instead of the HP catalog and wonder if there is any difference other than the way of installing the player)"

You said: "3) You don't need to uninstall. You will just activate the demo version using your email address. If you buy it from us, you need to get the updates from our website. We are planning to add update notifications into the application, but you can always check our website for new versions. "

Does this means that when we buy from your website we will have to manually do the update version or the touchpad can detect the most recent version and install it? I ask this because when you said if I buy from you, I will have to update from your web so will I have to uninstall and redownload the most recent version? I don't want it to be too complicate.

- And the other way around, if I buy from the HP catalog, will the touchpad automatically detect the updates (using software updates form touchpad) and download it?

- And for the updates, are we just going to have the most stable tested version? I wouldn't like to have a beta, this is why I ask this.

Thanks!

Hey wintersnow, I don't work for KalemSoft but I think I can help answer your questions. Keep in mind this is not an official support forum for KalemSoft Media Player and direct questions for the developers should be asked through their site.

If you purchase KalemSoft Media Player from their website, you are sent the app file (.ipk) and a license activation. Keep in mind you probably need either the homebrew app Preware or Internalz Pro installed on your TouchPad OR the program webOS Quick Install on your personal computer in order to install an .ipk file. If you are not sure what these are, search the forums for "Preware on TouchPad"

Currently, one license works for one TouchPad when purchased directly from KalemSoft. On the other hand, if you download from the App Catalog and you have multiple TouchPads using the same webOS account then you can download the app on each device without having to purchase the app more than once.

The updates from the KalemSoft will also be .ipk files so once the app is on your TouchPad, you just need to install the .ipk file using one of the previous mentioned methods. The older version of the app will be replaced by the latest version; therefore you wont need to un-install or delete anything.

I recommend reading up on Homebrew if you are unfamiliar; it is very easy to set up and does not harm your device in any way. It is also very easy to remove if you later change your mind. Using Preware, Internalz Pro or WOQI would be the best method if you would prefer to have the latest version of the app; this is because it takes HP time to process an update after the developer submits it. Using the official App Catalog is currently the easiest way to download and update the app but as the developer mentioned, the are working on making their website update method more seamless.

The version from the KalemSoft website should be stable. I believe they test experimental updates privately. Once you've paid, the app you have will be the most up-to-date, stable version available.

I hope this answers your question =)
    I am, therefore I think
    Thanks for clarifying clayclay350!

I installed the trial version of Kalemsoft through webOS Quick Install because I wanted to see if it plays the video formats I wanted. After reading what you wrote, I think it would be better to buy it through HP catalog since I will have to do my own update everytime and check their web for the most up-to-date version. Through the catalog, I would be able to have the updates just by a click, right (through software/app update in the launcher)?

Next, do you know how to uninstall the player so that I can buy from HP catalog?

Thanks again for everyone help here!
    Quote Originally Posted by wintersnow View Post
    Thanks for clarifying clayclay350!

I installed the trial version of Kalemsoft through webOS Quick Install because I wanted to see if it plays the video formats I wanted. After reading what you wrote, I think it would be better to buy it through HP catalog since I will have to do my own update everytime and check their web for the most up-to-date version. Through the catalog, I would be able to have the updates just by a click, right (through software/app update in the launcher)?

Next, do you know how to uninstall the player so that I can buy from HP catalog?

Thanks again for everyone help here!
    To uninstall any app, you can just go to the launcher page it's located on. Tap and hold the app icon which will bring up a little X on the top left. Tap the X and confirm you want to remove and you're all set.

And it's no problem at all. Helping fellow members is what this forum is all about!
    I am, therefore I think
    hi guys,
    I'm just wondering whether kalemsoft can play WMV streams from web pages, ie CNBC site's live tv? If not is this at all posible?
    Quote Originally Posted by uk1 View Post
    Hi,

I sent the TS file a few days ago - just checking you have it - and if you could give me a rough idea when the fix might be incorporated?

Thanks

Jeff
    @KalemSoft I see where you got this file. My HTPC uses Beyond TV tp files. The OTA files are ts with just tp used as the extension. Could you make your program read these also without me having to rename as ts.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KalemSoft View Post
    It doesn't support it. We have plans for it, but there are a few important updates to be made before that such as subtitle support.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    ThAnks for the response. I would appreciate having it added as I am using bhome and your product for remote/local viewing and I'd like to cut it down to one product.

alan
    tedman likes this.
    Hi,

I'm having all sorts of issues hgetting smooth playback with LOCAL media files.

My touchpad has is running the Uberkernal with the OnDemandTcl 1512 profile and the following patches applied:

- Faster Card Animations HYPER Version
    - Increase Touch Sensitivity & Smoothness
    - Muffle System Loggining
    - Remove Dropped Packet Logging
    - Remove Tap Ripple
    - Unset CFQ IO Scheduler
    - Unthrottle Download Manager
    - EOM Overlord Monitoring

I have logging set to minimum and am running the 0.4 version of media player.

I have the same issue with all local media but the one I'm trying to get working at the moment has the following format:

Size: 1.35GB
    Video: mpeg4, yuv420p, 720x304 and 25fps
    Audio: mp3, 44100Hz, stereo, 128 kb/s

The media player was working fine a while back and then I installed a theme (stupid, stupid, stupid!) on the touchpad and all of my icons disappaeared. I had to use WebOS Doctor to get it back. Since then I have run the update to 3.0.2 WebOS and reapplied all the pacthes etc so it now has everything listed above.

But no matter waht I do I cannot get local video's to play smoothly.... :-(

Any idea's anyone??

Cheers

Lee
    Quote Originally Posted by lee_jk View Post
    Hi,

I'm having all sorts of issues hgetting smooth playback with LOCAL media files.

My touchpad has is running the Uberkernal with the OnDemandTcl 1512 profile and the following patches applied:

- Faster Card Animations HYPER Version
    - Increase Touch Sensitivity & Smoothness
    - Muffle System Loggining
    - Remove Dropped Packet Logging
    - Remove Tap Ripple
    - Unset CFQ IO Scheduler
    - Unthrottle Download Manager
    - EOM Overlord Monitoring

I have logging set to minimum and am running the 0.4 version of media player.

I have the same issue with all local media but the one I'm trying to get working at the moment has the following format:

Size: 1.35GB
    Video: mpeg4, yuv420p, 720x304 and 25fps
    Audio: mp3, 44100Hz, stereo, 128 kb/s

The media player was working fine a while back and then I installed a theme (stupid, stupid, stupid!) on the touchpad and all of my icons disappaeared. I had to use WebOS Doctor to get it back. Since then I have run the update to 3.0.2 WebOS and reapplied all the pacthes etc so it now has everything listed above.

But no matter waht I do I cannot get local video's to play smoothly.... :-(

Any idea's anyone??

Cheers

Lee

UPDATE:

It appears that version 0.3.6 works absolutley fine !!
    0.3.7 and 0.4.0 both exhibit the choppy LOCAL video. Can find a reason for this ??
    Quote Originally Posted by lee_jk View Post
    UPDATE:

It appears that version 0.3.6 works absolutley fine !!
    0.3.7 and 0.4.0 both exhibit the choppy LOCAL video. Can find a reason for this ??
    i found the same as stated a couple pages ago. My sound is out of sync on local video after updating, video plays fine though.
    Since updating to version 0.4 i'm having issues playing local video files larger than 1GB. With the previous version on these files the sound was out of sync on some but the video played smoothly. Now, however the video stutters every couple of seconds but the sound is fine on every video that is larger than 1GB. Whereas before it was only a select few that had problems now it seems to be all of them.

It is a great app but i was just wondering if this problem has been noticed by others and if a fix is going to be in future versions.
    Hi,

A fix is available for AVI pause, seek, choppy playback and lipsync issues and is coming with the next version. This is actually due to a compatibility issue with hardware and those clips you are trying which was revealed by the changes we made in the recent versions. So, it is not strictly a problem in the application itself.

We appreciate your patience.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Can you guys pretty, pretty please add in auto rotation (or at least flipping) in the next release? I have 3 stands for the touchpad and all of which have it end up sitting upside down for movie viewing =/
    I agree, the rotation is totally wrong for the tablet I think. It means the speakers are facing the bottom, which means if I'm watching the tab on my stomach/couch the audio gets muffled. I'm afraid I'll crack the speakers plastic [like half the user's on this forum...] with more use, especially with the way it heats up and is compressed. It's like iPhone 3G and Palm Pre all over again with the plastic cracking!

Also when I'm about the exit the card, I want to hear the Angry Birds pullback "errr WEEE!" noise when I exit - so please include this landscape orientation feature.

A few other improvements:

* The ability to remember the last local or remote directory on start-up [like all other programs like Internalz Pro etc do] as it would save alot me alot of scrolling. Also a better default directory then the messy maze of folders at media\internal gah!

* Remembering the aspect ratio - it always seems to want to distort the video and fill the entire screen - No! I want it to always be correct/letterboxed ratio as default.

* I'm looking forward to subtitle support, also hope multiple audio track selection is there too ^_^

Besides that, I think it's a fantastic piece of software. I've had no issues with any 720p files and it's great.

When is the next release? =]
  17. DDD
    Is there any way to get a refund if purchased through website? I have 3 pads and want to buy from HP so I can have it on all 3 without having to pay for it 3 times.
    Also Known as 3_D
    Quote Originally Posted by boxorox View Post
    I put all videos in the root so I do not need to navigate far to find them. Then I place them all on my favorites list.

***I did run into my first really annoying problem.
    I cannot manually move ahead in avi videos that are over 1gb(generally). It may also be other times, but I have just now encountered into the problem.
    I start the video from the beginning with no problems.....it plays with no problems.....but I can not move ahead in the video without it freezing, to the point that I need to restart the program.

I am submitting a bug report.
    I'm also having the same problem. The thing is my file is only 500mb. I can't even pause the show as clicking on the button freezes the show and the play button doesn't work anymore. Anyone else with the same problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by KalemSoft View Post
    Hi,

A fix is available for AVI pause, seek, choppy playback and lipsync issues and is coming with the next version. This is actually due to a compatibility issue with hardware and those clips you are trying which was revealed by the changes we made in the recent versions. So, it is not strictly a problem in the application itself.

We appreciate your patience.

Regards,

KalemSoft

Hi !

Glad to know that it's not just me AND that a fix is due sometime soon. It's a great product and now that I'm back on 0.3.6 at least my 6 year old can watch his movies!

Really looking forwar to the update,

Thanks!

Lee
    Quote Originally Posted by fused85 View Post
    I'm also having the same problem. The thing is my file is only 500mb. I can't even pause the show as clicking on the button freezes the show and the play button doesn't work anymore. Anyone else with the same problem?

They responded to my ticket. They are well aware of the problem and it will be fixed.