Page 36 of 67 FirstFirst ... 26313233343536373839404146 ... LastLast
Like Tree128Likes
    I had an older version (3 weeks ago), which had audio sync issues, I updated it about a week ago, and the audio sync issues were gone, I updated yesterday to the most recent v0.4.0 and the sync issues are back.

this is on a video file that's stored locally on the touchpad. not sure the type of video it is but its 175mb @ 22mins long.

If there is a way to check version number before upgrading so maybe I can backtrack in the future, it'd be great. I am looking in the app, and I can't see anywhere that says I am on v0.4.0
    Quote Originally Posted by zoglog View Post
    Kalemsoft, is there any reason why? This is an important feature for watching anime and other foreign films
    Subtitles will indeed be supported. Not sure when we said it wouldn't be supported. There must be a confusion. We are trying to make this work for the next version.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Last edited by KalemSoft; 09/17/2011 at 03:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlitah View Post
    another question for Kalemsoft:

I see channels in the the streamer app, what are they exactly for? streaming from a tv card or such?

My network tv streamer the HDHomeRunDual, doesn't seem to work if that's whats its for.

I would love for it to work, if that's what the feature is for.
    Yes, the channels are for capture devices. No HD cards are supported at this moment, only analog tuners. You can also connect any web camera and such to stream those.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    to kalemsoft, first of all, thanks for supporting our community. I did not buy your product (i'm using the free version for testing) because there is not a streamer apps for linux, nor dlna support, so my question is will it be a linux port of the streamer? (without gui, many people use linux machine as a nas) thanks in advance.
    Last edited by sensei73; 09/16/2011 at 03:42 AM.
    Typo Lad likes this.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    @Kalemsoft
    Feature wanted in future update: m4v files menu support.
    Is this implementation being considered?

So much convenient navigating to chapters in my iPhone with m4v files, I hope to continue enjoying the same with my TP via Kalemsoft! I've hundreds of m4v files and want a player that resembles and works like iTunes' QuickTime.

I bought this to support you.
    I've yet to try out the latest version 0.4.0
    Last edited by mentaltweak; 09/16/2011 at 07:12 AM.
    i just paid $7 for this app and now i cant do ANYTHING.
    I try to play locally an it tells me the licence is corrupt. Cant stream for same reason.

Performed complete erase and reload using webos Doctor and get the same error...NOT HAPPY
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Well well well... I leave this forum for a couple of days and things gets a little testy. Here are a few of my thoughts.

1. This is not an official Kalemsoft help forum. If you are upset that Kalemsoft has not responded to a question on this forum, how about try their official forum on their website. This is a forum for other users to help other users. Kalemsoft has been kind enough to follow this forum and keep us all informed on the software and answer some questions.

2. Comparing apps for the TP to apps for the Ipad or Android is like comparing MetroPCS to Verizon and complaining that MetroPCS doesn't have the same cell coverage as Verizon. The simple fact is that WebOS is treading water right now and on the verge of drowning. The fact that we have "anyone" willing to support and further software for this platform is a blessing. I had the original Pre and loved it and I love my TP, but i also understand what I'm getting. If you wanted what IOS or Android can offer, then go drop $500 and grab one of those tablets. I for one did not have that kind of disposable income, so I'm very happy with my $99 TP.

3. Although $7 is on the high side as far as apps go, It's the only option right now and it's simple supply and demand. If someone came out with a comparable app and priced it lower, then we would surely see a price drop. I, however do not mind paying a couple of bucks more to support a small company that is actively working to not only support, but continue to develop software for a system that is all but abandoned.

Just some thoughts. Let the bickering commence...
    Quote Originally Posted by BA114 View Post
    I try to play locally an it tells me the licence is corrupt. Cant stream for same reason.

Performed complete erase and reload using webos Doctor and get the same error...NOT HAPPY
    Did you register the app?
    Quote Originally Posted by BA114 View Post

Did you contact Kalemsoft directly? I had a license issue and they responded same day (not same issue as you)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    @jdclover
    To be honest, I don't mind a developer that relies on the community to help them find bugs and whatnot. What I do have a problem with is that they are charging people for an unfinished product.
    What does Microsoft do? I think they have these things called Windows updates once a month to fix bugs and whatnot. Or Adobe, they also have updates. Or many number of programs. They all seem to have updates you can download after you've bought the product. To me that would seem they are all charging for an unfinished product correct?
    mivoligo likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdclover View Post
    What does Microsoft do? I think they have these things called Windows updates once a month to fix bugs and whatnot. Or Adobe, they also have updates. Or many number of programs. They all seem to have updates you can download after you've bought the product. To me that would seem they are all charging for an unfinished product correct?
    very good, it's exactly what a lot of companies do.
    I am very pleased with the updated KalemSoft Media Player - I am able to view many more of my videos that the previous version did not play. I have not tried all of my videos, so I can't say that they all play flawlessly, but the ones I most wanted are doing great! Thank you so much.
    Does this software support VOBs? Say yes and I'm on this like stink on a monkey
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
    How do I download this software? Thanks!
    Hi,

(Currently trying the version 0.4.0)

1) I would like to know if there is anyway to adjust the volume when playing a movie on the KalemSoft media player without using the button from the TouchPad, because when I click on the volume symbol in your media it just either mute or unmute.

2) Would it be possible later on to play movie along subtitle of format .srt (subtitle in .srt)?

3) One last thing, if I would like to buy it through your website and already have the trial version 0.4.0, do we have to uninstall it or can you give me the step to do so? After purchasing it, when it come to updating the version, do we do it the same way as other applications from HP catalog? (I ask this because I plan to buy it from your website instead of the HP catalog and wonder if there is any difference other than the way of installing the player)

Thank you.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Sorry to be a pain, but rather than search trhough 37 pages....

Does this, or will this support uPNP so I can get to my local server for video?

Alan
    Quote Originally Posted by KalemSoft View Post
    Subtitles will indeed be supported. Not sure when we said it wouldn't be supported. There must be a confusion. We are trying to make this work for the next version.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    I sent in a ticket to your support a few weeks ago (before version 0.3.8) and was told that subtitles would be in version 0.3.8. It is now version 0.4 and from what I understand subtitles are still not in?

I will buy the app once subs are in. I have no use for it until then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soupturkey View Post
    I sent in a ticket to your support a few weeks ago (before version 0.3.8) and was told that subtitles would be in version 0.3.8. It is now version 0.4 and from what I understand subtitles are still not in?

I will buy the app once subs are in. I have no use for it until then.
    We made an explanation here before but since the thread is huge now it is normal to miss it. Basically, when we were submitting the 0.3.7 update to the HP app catalog, we had to go through a few iterations with HP. At each iteration, you have to increment the version number because you cannot submit the same package again and again (at least we couldn't figure out a way). Therefore, 0.4.0 is actually no different than 0.3.7 in terms of features. It only has a few minor bug fixes we found during those iterations. The subtitle support will be in the next update with added features. We are not planning to make any more revisions before that, so you can expect the next release version to include subtitle support.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Quote Originally Posted by alan sh View Post
    Sorry to be a pain, but rather than search trhough 37 pages....

Does this, or will this support uPNP so I can get to my local server for video?

Alan
    It doesn't support it. We have plans for it, but there are a few important updates to be made before that such as subtitle support.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Quote Originally Posted by wintersnow View Post
    Hi,

(Currently trying the version 0.4.0)

1) I would like to know if there is anyway to adjust the volume when playing a movie on the KalemSoft media player without using the button from the TouchPad, because when I click on the volume symbol in your media it just either mute or unmute.

2) Would it be possible later on to play movie along subtitle of format .srt (subtitle in .srt)?

3) One last thing, if I would like to buy it through your website and already have the trial version 0.4.0, do we have to uninstall it or can you give me the step to do so? After purchasing it, when it come to updating the version, do we do it the same way as other applications from HP catalog? (I ask this because I plan to buy it from your website instead of the HP catalog and wonder if there is any difference other than the way of installing the player)

Thank you.
    1) Not anymore. Playing with volume within the application caused audio distortion and due to many complaints we had to remove it. You can always use the hardware buttons to control the volume.

2) Yes.

3) You don't need to uninstall. You will just activate the demo version using your email address. If you buy it from us, you need to get the updates from our website. We are planning to add update notifications into the application, but you can always check our website for new versions.

Regards,

KalemSoft