Page 34 of 67 FirstFirst ... 24293031323334353637383944 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 680 of 1335
Like Tree128Likes
  1. #661  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Just as I could almost care less whether Kalemsoft plays the hundred different video formats out there. But I don't go around belittling what others want from their TouchPad and from the apps they have paid for. The fact is, that Kalemsoft is not advertised as just a 'Video' player and 'Media' includes audio. I paid for the app primarily for my wma streaming needs and that this app does a woeful job off.
    I think that for your issues, since they aren't answering here, you should probably go to their site where their official support is. As far as the focusing on video over audio, just look at the questions in this forum and you can see where the demand is. Once more people use this for audio I'm sure they'll start focusing on it.
  2. #662  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Exactly, this app is way over priced to begin with. Unfortunately the app seems to have a monopoly and thus is ripping of the customers.
    why dont you take month to write for us a better media apps for sell it to us less?

    do you know how long it take to code and debug and fix a good apps to say its overpriced?
    Last edited by hypertech; 09/14/2011 at 02:04 PM.
    esqueue, Dis and dectech like this.
  3. #663  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    While we are "just saying", maybe you could mind your own business instead of sticking your nose where it does not belong. If 'Kalemsoft' is going to use this forum to promote their app, then they have made this an optional channel. More importantly, if they were not participating in these forums at all then it would be another thing. But they very regularly poste here, but they have been selective with their responses, which does not behove them. They should either not participate in any discussion here or they shjould respond to all queries and concerns. In any case, it is good to highlight the shortcomings of this app, so that others could make a more informed decision whether to waste their money on this app or not.
    And you say I belittle? Before saying mind your own business, see your own critique of Kalem, if you participate in the forum, expect people to react, your business is now forum business, you want it private, take it to their site.

    Kalem is not using this forum to promote, they're in here fielding questions, going out of their way when they don't have to. They're in here because people aren't going to the site, so they come where the customers are. And field all questions? What world do you live in, you go for the low hanging fruit and what's in demand, audio is not high enough on that list. This is a homebrew app, they might have a company name, but it's probably only a few people that have jobs outside of developing apps for the webos, so for them to cater to everyone is something I doubt they can do easily.
    Last edited by jdclover; 09/14/2011 at 02:23 PM.
    esqueue likes this.
  4. #664  
    I really do not understand how people can be complaining and quibbling about spending 5.99 or 6.99 on an app. That is not much at all. It is just a pint of guinness or maybe 2 cups of coffee.

    Come on, these guys have written some great code that increases the functionality of our devices - and I dare say most of us here bought the devices at the firesale prices too.

    People should be thankful that some developers are actually writing and supporting code for the Touchpad. So I don't think it is fair to complain about 7 lousy bucks for an app that works great and increases the functionality of the touchpad.

    Ask yourself this, how much loose change do you have in your pocket, how much was that last drink of beer, or bottle of wine? For the same amount of money, your touchpad is now a great video playing device - and if you bought at the firesale price, then you may have saved around $500 compared to an ipad.

    C'mon, support these developers. They work hard for you and it isn't much money really. if developers pull the pin, then the supply of apps for the touchpad will disappear. Do you want that?
    esqueue, Dis and DenDiMarco like this.
  5. #665  
    dont talk about 6$ or 7$ buck, here in north america its maybe nothing for you and me, but think to poeple that live in india or other place that work really hard for maybe half or our income.

    so i can understand these poeple dont have this 6 or 7 usd, but dont understand their complaint about its overpriced, should do that, do this...

    these poeple should not complaint and do it by themself and share it for less...thats my opinion.
    Last edited by hypertech; 09/14/2011 at 03:46 PM.
  6. ilm
    ilm is offline
    ilm's Avatar
    Posts
    20 Posts
    #666  
    Quote Originally Posted by hypertech View Post
    dont talk about 6$ or 7$ buck, here in not america its maybe nothing for you and me, but think to poeple that live in india or other place that work really hard for maybe half or our income.

    so i can understand these poeple dont have this 6 or 7 usd, but dont understand their complaint about its overpriced, should do that, do this...

    these poeple should not complaint and do it by themself and share it for less...thats my opinion.
    Um, they bought a Touchpad. $100 in the best case, $400 otherwise. I don't think they're seriously struggling for money. If they are, they need a priority check. Seriously, just skip the next Starbucks and you're set.
  7. #667  
    As IT person and do programming for fun (.NET programming), I've been writing stock trading software for two years and am still doing it. Every time I added some new features, something always breaks or doesn't work with previous features. And sometime, I spend day & night & weekend to debug the problem. So the software I wrote for two years is better than broker's software? I don't think so and I may not be good programmer . But, I know this for sure that it is not easy to write GOOD software and it takes time to be polished. None of program can be perfect from the first compile. Never. period.

    Like other member said already, 5-7 bucks could be big money for other countries. However, I don't think that it's overpriced for the current features. Yes, there are still bugs to be corrected and some features needed to be added. However, it does what I need NOW and I don't have problem with it. And the time that I enjoy watching movies with this software is priceless. Also, I bought some games from app store ($5 ~ $10 ranges) to have fun on my spare times. And, they are also priceless when I and my wife go out for shopping (I don't like shopping with woman..it's too long and boring).
  8. #668  
    Quote Originally Posted by hypertech View Post
    dont talk about 6$ or 7$ buck, here in north america its maybe nothing for you and me, but think to poeple that live in india or other place that work really hard for maybe half or our income.

    so i can understand these poeple dont have this 6 or 7 usd, but dont understand their complaint about its overpriced, should do that, do this...

    these poeple should not complaint and do it by themself and share it for less...thats my opinion.
    True, but the question would be where do the developers live? What are their costs?
  9. #669  
    sometimes spending $5.00 is lil too much. as $5.00 here and $5.00 there adds up.. which is fine. For those that are unable to spend the $5.00 to support also have other options.

    I like the software, but I have not bought it, as I cannot justify myself buying it, where, I download or watch all of my stuff in MP4.

    I mean, using handbrake and just converting your video either it be a DVD RIP or whatever...does not take that long...let it run over night and you have majority of the your stuff converted. I may have 7 TB of things to watch but really I ain't watching all in one day.

    so convert it, put it on touch-pad and use the Native player which works with no issue.
  10. #670  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdclover View Post
    True, but the question would be where do the developers live? What are their costs?
    i dont know, and its really none of my business where they live.
  11. #671  
    why does the media streamer need to connect to the net?

    I do not want it to stream through the internet, I only want it to stream over my local network. I have limited bandwidth.
  12. leif#WN's Avatar
    Posts
    41 Posts
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    #672  
    From what ive read this player will not work well for my xvid 720p avi's. I'll need this support before I fork out any cash.
  13. #673  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlitah View Post
    why does the media streamer need to connect to the net?

    I do not want it to stream through the internet, I only want it to stream over my local network. I have limited bandwidth.
    You do not need an internet connection to watch local files using the full version; this only applied to the demo. This concern has been addressed several times in this thread.
    I am, therefore I think
  14. #674  
    Quote Originally Posted by leif View Post
    From what ive read this player will not work well for my xvid 720p avi's. I'll need this support before I fork out any cash.
    Yeah I'm not too sure about HD avis's. I was able to play an AVI in like 480 without any problems; gonna try to run 720p and let you know my experience. I know that mkv's should be working just fine with the latest version of the software.
    I am, therefore I think
  15. #675  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlitah View Post
    why does the media streamer need to connect to the net?

    I do not want it to stream through the internet, I only want it to stream over my local network. I have limited bandwidth.
    Hi clayclay350, thanks for answering this one, but we think he/she meant the streamer not the player. What you said for the player is accurate indeed.

    The streamer is connecting to our servers for DNS service so that you can connect from the player to the streamer just by entering a username/password instead of an IP address/port. This is similar to how programs like Orb, LogmeIn, GotomyPC etc. work. If your server IP address changes dynamically for instance, this becomes handy.

    The streamer updates the DNS info every 10 minutes and is only sending a few bytes of data, so bandwitdh shouldn't be any issue at all. No audio/video data is sent over the internet at all.

    Having said that, we will still add an option to disable this in the streamer settings in a future version.

    Regards,

    KalemSoft
  16. #676  
    Quote Originally Posted by gg1965 View Post
    I really do not understand how people can be complaining and quibbling about spending 5.99 or 6.99 on an app. That is not much at all. It is just a pint of guinness or maybe 2 cups of coffee.

    Come on, these guys have written some great code that increases the functionality of our devices - and I dare say most of us here bought the devices at the firesale prices too.

    People should be thankful that some developers are actually writing and supporting code for the Touchpad. So I don't think it is fair to complain about 7 lousy bucks for an app that works great and increases the functionality of the touchpad.

    Ask yourself this, how much loose change do you have in your pocket, how much was that last drink of beer, or bottle of wine? For the same amount of money, your touchpad is now a great video playing device - and if you bought at the firesale price, then you may have saved around $500 compared to an ipad.

    C'mon, support these developers. They work hard for you and it isn't much money really. if developers pull the pin, then the supply of apps for the touchpad will disappear. Do you want that?
    Well, I'm currently an iOS user. You know, I have my iPad, iPod Touch, iPhone, blahblahblah. I bought a video player for my iPad (AVPlayer HD) that is $2.99 and I use it to watch videos everyday, then there are others that are $3.99 or $4.99. You can already see that the one I currently use is half the price of Kalemsoft's player and has played all my videos perfectly.

    I've used the trial and beta version of Kalemsoft's player and it did have problems playing some of my videos and I did have to upload a video for them to test. In my opinion, for an app that is in the HP Catalog and costs $6-7, I don't want to be doing that. I don't want to be beta testing their application and be uploading my results. I've done that for iOS developers and I've got paid for it. I don't want to pay to do it.

    Of course, this is just my point of view and what I've experienced. I mean, I don't want to pay double the price when my iPad can play my videos perfectly and has more space for videos than my TP. Obviously Kalemsoft can charge whatever they want since there is no other competitor (other than TouchPlayer, I guess).

    ------------------------------------------------------

    I do apologize to Kalemsoft for this off-topic post.
  17. #677  
    Quote Originally Posted by clayclay350 View Post
    You do not need an internet connection to watch local files using the full version; this only applied to the demo. This concern has been addressed several times in this thread.
    That's not what I was asking!


    Quote Originally Posted by KalemSoft View Post
    Hi clayclay350, thanks for answering this one, but we think he/she meant the streamer not the player. What you said for the player is accurate indeed.

    The streamer is connecting to our servers for DNS service so that you can connect from the player to the streamer just by entering a username/password instead of an IP address/port. This is similar to how programs like Orb, LogmeIn, GotomyPC etc. work. If your server IP address changes dynamically for instance, this becomes handy.

    The streamer updates the DNS info every 10 minutes and is only sending a few bytes of data, so bandwitdh shouldn't be any issue at all. No audio/video data is sent over the internet at all.

    Having said that, we will still add an option to disable this in the streamer settings in a future version.

    Regards,

    KalemSoft
    Thanks, just wanted to make sure it was not streaming through the net.

    I never saw a clear answer on this, before.
  18. #678  
    KalemSoft,

    I am using the trial version and am trying to play some .Xvids but im having problems with the volume. Its just so LOW and i cannot turn it up anymore, is this something a paid version will fix?
  19. Cha
    Cha is offline
    Cha's Avatar
    Posts
    48 Posts
    #679  
    Have you tried installing the volume increase patch trough prepare? I fin it very useful for the TP in general.
  20. #680  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cha View Post
    Have you tried installing the volume increase patch trough prepare? I fin it very useful for the TP in general.
    That helped a lot, but still not the best, will have to do for now. thanks sir!

Posting Permissions