Page 33 of 67 FirstFirst ... 23282930313233343536373843 ... LastLast
Like Tree128Likes
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KalemSoft View Post
    We will change the interface slightly to care of this with the next release.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Thank you.

Alan
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I am hoping a decent streaming video player comes along. I can't bring myself to spend over $5 on an app whose version number starts with a '0'. It's like a beta or even alpha program.
    The 0.4.0 player and 1.0.6 media streamer are big improvements for me. The previous version of the media streamer would frequently just stop working and need to be reset in order for the Touchpad to see it under Windows 7. Progressive downloading also didn't seem to work very well in the last version of the player. Progressive downloads appear to be working now and that goes a long way to fixing dropouts.

I do think there's some problem getting the data to the player fast enough. On the same machine, I have no problem getting the same videos to an Xbox 360 over wireless without ever having any issues with stuttering video. The issue is definitely not with the encoding. Thankfully, the progressive downloading largely masks this problem.
    Theonlyix, you can buy it off the kalemsoft site and then just load it yourself if you are not in the region.
    asif9t9,

why dont you go to their website and download the player and install it with the 2 week trial before huffing and puffing about 0.x versions and $5. Seriously if you cant afford $5 (avg cost of 2 beers) for something that you will end up using a ton, well then I just dont know what to say.
    boxorox and hypertech like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMark View Post
    Is the developer planning to ad the ability to set a default directory, or favorite directories?
    This was one of the first things I asked and I was told they would add that in a future release.
    Should I ask this question on your website..? I figured I could get a quick response through here, but I'm being over looked.. So I'll repost.

**Question.... I've purchased this app on my touchpad (love using it for my movies) but when I went to download it on my pre 2 it wants me to pay 6.99 again for it. Is there anything we can do about this? 14$ is alot to spend to have the SAME app on both devices. Thank you.**
    Quote Originally Posted by thomaz View Post
    i think that webos has some wifi limitations.
    when i copy 1 file over smb i have 800kb-1,2mb/s.
    when i copy 2 files at the same time i have 2mb/s.

is there a speed limit per connection in webos ?
    thank you.
    Tomaz,

I have a side question basically: How do you copy files from/to the Touchpad over SMB?
    I could not yet figure out how to do that.

Thanks
    Andi
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    how do i upgrade? I know its not thru preware. but how, i have the original i bought from them, but didnt get an update email or anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    Should I ask this question on your website..? I figured I could get a quick response through here, but I'm being over looked.. So I'll repost.

**Question.... I've purchased this app on my touchpad (love using it for my movies) but when I went to download it on my pre 2 it wants me to pay 6.99 again for it. Is there anything we can do about this? 14$ is alot to spend to have the SAME app on both devices. Thank you.**
    Hi,

Until recently there was no way of linking Pre and TouchPad apps on the app catalog. We have heard that this is possible now, but haven't really tried if that works. However, the point is there are many users who bought it for Pre and then for TouchPad due to this limitation. So, we are not planning to change it to be fair to those users. Besides, the TouchPad version is really not the same program as the Pre version. These applications are PDK applications which means the user interface is written all in native code. So, the TouchPad user interface is a totally new design with lots of new engineering effort behind it.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    hypertech likes this.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by andip71 View Post
    Tomaz,

I have a side question basically: How do you copy files from/to the Touchpad over SMB?
    I could not yet figure out how to do that.

Thanks
    Andi
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3143686
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3058120

ok.
    trial period is over.
    i cant test anymore.
    i'm not willed to pay for a software than doesnt run correctly
    instead of turning player into a non working state i would use a big advert which flickers in the middle of the screen so people can still test if vid runs smooth or not.
    you can turn soft into non working state when it runs 100%.
    Last edited by thomaz; 09/14/2011 at 11:13 AM.
    I've noticed that I can copy a DVD rip (i.e. VIDEO_TS folder) to my Touchpad and play the VOB files with Kalemsoft Media Player. Is there a way to 'play' the DVD, i.e. the IFO files to use the menus and such? I've been trying to figure this out, but haven't found a way to do it.
    Any chance we'll get hardware acceleration for video's with Kalemsoft Media Player so we could get a little more battery life?
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    how do I upgrade?
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FesterTreo View Post
    asif9t9,

why dont you go to their website and download the player and install it with the 2 week trial before huffing and puffing about 0.x versions and $5. Seriously if you cant afford $5 (avg cost of 2 beers) for something that you will end up using a ton, well then I just dont know what to say.
    It sounds from this thread like this app isn't fully up to speed yet. I appreciate it's the only option now, and that's probably why people have bought in. Can this app stream mkv's over LAN smoothly and display both external (srt) and embedded subtitles? If not, then it's not a finished product, and not what people normally pay for. For now, I have a free app with my Android phone to hold me over (Qloud).

But to be clear, once this app is fully ready, I will be happy to pay for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowofbob View Post
    Any chance we'll get hardware acceleration for video's with Kalemsoft Media Player so we could get a little more battery life?
    I'm pretty sure it's already using the GPU to decode h264 at least, even outside of mp4 containers. As a test, I set my cpu to 192 mhz max in Govnah, and played a 720p h264 MKV file, and it was still smooth as butter. Either it's decoding on the GPU, or the CPU decoding is absurdly efficient.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    so people who have upgraded the the latest version, CAN YOU TELL ME HOW. lol

or are all of you bickering about a program that you havent updated or got yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by ac921ol View Post
    so people who have upgrade the the latest version, CAN YOU TELL ME HOW. lol

or are all of you bickering about a program that you havent updated or got yet?
    Well, how'd you buy it?
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    well thank you. I was looking on preware, emailed Kalemsoft, and to no response until you came along.

Thanks
    anyone else having video/sound issues? all of a sudden the sound is off by about 3 seconds than the video.