Page 32 of 67 FirstFirst ... 22272829303132333435363742 ... LastLast
Like Tree128Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by roundruler View Post
    same AVI issue here...

I thought there was something wrong with my Touchpad when the AVI wouldn't play.

Good to hear that I'm not the only one.... guess we'll just have to wait until the next update?
    I sent them a message directly, instead of through this board yesterday. I opened the app, then went to HELP/in the opening paragraph there's a hyperlinkKalemSoft website/support.

Filled out my issue, (the one regarding file sizes over 1GB), and I had a reply early this morning saying they were aware and looking into it.

I suggest that people start contacting them directly, through their ticket system, to ensure they get addressed. You will get a support ticket number after you submit your issue.
    Dis likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Or is it that everyone is just focused on video.
    this
    Quote Originally Posted by D0lphin View Post
    @boxorox I just tried reloading and a device restart. It still does not start until after a minute. What folder are your files in DCIM?
    I put all videos in the root so I do not need to navigate far to find them. Then I place them all on my favorites list.

***I did run into my first really annoying problem.
    I cannot manually move ahead in avi videos that are over 1gb(generally). It may also be other times, but I have just now encountered into the problem.
    I start the video from the beginning with no problems.....it plays with no problems.....but I can not move ahead in the video without it freezing, to the point that I need to restart the program.

I am submitting a bug report.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Posted this in the other thread, but it looks like "jhoff80" answered my first question. Odd though, since TP allows the whole screen to rotate, just not the video apps >__> lol. It's really annoying with the speakers being muffled into the table.

My main question is in regards to bluetooth stereo headset + kalemsoft. It seems that using Kalemsoft + mkv files = no audio to the headphones. However, kalemsoft + avi files = all is fine.

Any idea what causes this?
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    so should i stay with my 3.7 or should i upgrade to 4.0, seems like there is some issues with 4.0 right now, and i have yet to have an issue with 3.7
    Does everyone play only one song at a time. Or is it that everyone is just focused on video.
    I don't relish the idea of carrying around a touchpad as if it were a portable player, that's what my phone is for. I use kalemsoft for playing video, I could care less if it plays music or not.
    Is the developer planning to ad the ability to set a default directory, or favorite directories?
    PSN: StuntmanMark
    Twitter: @StuntmanMark

The Name: http://is.gd/nxnbhK
    I posted this in another kalemsoft thread.. Question.... I've purchased this app on my touchpad (love using it for my movies) but when I went to download it on my pre 2 it wants me to pay 6.99 again for it. Is there anything we can do about this? 14$ is alot to spend to have the SAME app on both devices. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdclover View Post
    I don't relish the idea of carrying around a touchpad as if it were a portable player, that's what my phone is for. I use kalemsoft for playing video, I could care less if it plays music or not.
    Just as I could almost care less whether Kalemsoft plays the hundred different video formats out there. But I don't go around belittling what others want from their TouchPad and from the apps they have paid for. The fact is, that Kalemsoft is not advertised as just a 'Video' player and 'Media' includes audio. I paid for the app primarily for my wma streaming needs and that this app does a woeful job off.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    I posted this in another kalemsoft thread.. Question.... I've purchased this app on my touchpad (love using it for my movies) but when I went to download it on my pre 2 it wants me to pay 6.99 again for it. Is there anything we can do about this? 14$ is alot to spend to have the SAME app on both devices. Thank you.
    Exactly, this app is way over priced to begin with. Unfortunately the app seems to have a monopoly and thus is ripping of the customers.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 09/14/2011 at 01:11 AM.

roundruler likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by alan sh View Post
    Can I suggest a slight improvement? When I am displaying a list of videos, they tend to be a name followed by a number (e.g. The Paradise club 1-1). The trouble is, the last bit of the number isn't displayed. So, can we have the list resizable - maybe by making the list box wider? (does this make sense?)

alan
    Makes sense and agree 100%. My daughter's movie collection is like this

My Little Pony....
    My Little Pony....
    My Little Pony....
    Winnie the Po....
    Winnie the Po....
    Winnie the Po....
    Winnie the Po....

It would be nice to see the entire title of the file name if possible, would make watching a series or similarly named movies easier. Or if thumbnails could be used like XBMC that would be awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre in MN View Post
    Anyone having trouble with the app's positioning? In landscape position with the center button to my left, the app stays upside down. Moving to profile position doesn't help--it stays put. Go figure.
    Here's what the developer had to say about my question:

This is a PDK app limitation not related to the application. All PDK apps will automatically position that way (HP decided the correct orientation is like that). We will have to implement a rotation feature for this to work. We will consider adding this in future versions.

I guess that means that some apps are not fully developed for the TP so that it can rotate?
    Exactly, this app is way over priced to begin with. Unfortunately the app seems to have a monooly and thus is ripping of the customers.
    You could contact kalemsoft through the proper channels.

Just sayin.
    Last edited by sledge007; 09/14/2011 at 03:27 AM. Reason: Removed inappropriate language
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    dear kalemsoft.

are there any plans for integrating some advanced buffering option into kalemsoft media player where i can set how much ram is used as buffer ?

i have hundreds of megabytes free ram on my tp and it would be nice to use some of it for a buffer to prevent dropouts while streaming.

when i stream mkv with the media streamer the buffer often gets down to 0% and then i have dropouts and freezing video.

exactly the same happens when i stream via smb jail hack.

i think that webos has some wifi limitations.
    when i copy 1 file over smb i have 800kb-1,2mb/s.
    when i copy 2 files at the same time i have 2mb/s.

is there a speed limit per connection in webos ?

i dont think that hp will fix this so maybe kalemsoft can do something to enhance the streaming performance with the kalemsoft media player.

when i play a file directly from the touchpad ssd i dont have any problem.

thank you.
    Last edited by thomaz; 09/14/2011 at 12:28 AM.
    I have tried various versions of the KalemSoft Media Player, I think it is a great product. The only problem is that the playback quality is not too consistant across the different versions. Somethings get fixed, and then they get broken again with the next update. Didn't have too much luck playing files from remote mounts, but copying files locally has worked okay.

It would be nice to get soft subtitle support eventually.

Keep up the good work KalemSoft!
    Last edited by jmtech; 09/14/2011 at 01:13 AM. Reason: Typos
    i personally dont use kalemsoft for music because the HP music player works perfect for me.

on the other hand, the built in video app is terrible, and kalemsoft does a great job at that.
    This post is of my personal opinion and not that of my employer, its affiliates, or related partners.
    Quote Originally Posted by black19 View Post
    Or you could contact kalemsoft through the proper channels. Just sayin.
    While we are "just saying", maybe you could mind your own business instead of sticking your nose where it does not belong. If 'Kalemsoft' is going to use this forum to promote their app, then they have made this an optional channel. More importantly, if they were not participating in these forums at all then it would be another thing. But they very regularly poste here, but they have been selective with their responses, which does not behove them. They should either not participate in any discussion here or they shjould respond to all queries and concerns. In any case, it is good to highlight the shortcomings of this app, so that others could make a more informed decision whether to waste their money on this app or not.
    Last edited by sledge007; 09/14/2011 at 03:31 AM. Reason: removed inappropriate language.

While we are "just saying", maybe you could mind your own business instead of sticking your nose where it does not belong. If 'Kalemsoft' is going to use this forum to promote their app, then they have made this an optional channel. More importantly, if they were not participating in these forums at all then it would be another thing. But they very regularly poste here, but they have been selective with their responses, which does not behove them. They should either not participate in any discussion here or they shjould respond to all queries and concerns. In any case, it is good to highlight the shortcomings of this app, so that others could make a more informed decision whether to waste their money on this app or not.
    Hi, have you contacted us via support already? As we mentioned before, this is not the best place to get help from us. We try to answer questions posted here as much as we can, but it is not possible for us to answer them all especially those that have been answered already.

Regarding the streaming problems, do you have the latest version of the streamer and player (1.0.6 and 0.4.0 respectively) and did you enable progressive download? If you are interested in audio streaming only, it should be no problem at all. It takes a few seconds to buffer a complete wma file in progressive download (unless your network drops packets a lot) so you should have no buffering issues.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Last edited by KalemSoft; 09/14/2011 at 03:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by thomaz View Post
    dear kalemsoft.

are there any plans for integrating some advanced buffering option into kalemsoft media player where i can set how much ram is used as buffer ?

i have hundreds of megabytes free ram on my tp and it would be nice to use some of it for a buffer to prevent dropouts while streaming.

when i stream mkv with the media streamer the buffer often gets down to 0% and then i have dropouts and freezing video.

exactly the same happens when i stream via smb jail hack.

i think that webos has some wifi limitations.
    when i copy 1 file over smb i have 800kb-1,2mb/s.
    when i copy 2 files at the same time i have 2mb/s.

is there a speed limit per connection in webos ?

i dont think that hp will fix this so maybe kalemsoft can do something to enhance the streaming performance with the kalemsoft media player.

when i play a file directly from the touchpad ssd i dont have any problem.

thank you.
    When you enable progressive download from player options, you get a buffer as much as free storage on the TouchPad. It will basically try to buffer the whole video/audio while playing it. If you are getting buffer underflows, you should first check if your streamer is powerful enough to transcode and stream in real-time. The latest streamer 1.0.6 has lots of improvements in this area. Enable progressive download and then open up the statistics window of the streamer. Check the two numbers from the bottom which show the audio/video seconds encoded. If those two numbers increment faster than real-time, you should be ok. If they don't, then the server is overloaded.

If the server is powerful enough, then streaming problems may be due to the network. We use TCP for reliable streaming, but as you may know, TCP can be a bottleneck if there are too many packet drops in which case it will do flow control and limit the throughput. We have a UDP implementation in place which doesn't have this limitation and planning to release that in a future version.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Quote Originally Posted by faka View Post
    Makes sense and agree 100%. My daughter's movie collection is like this

My Little Pony....
    My Little Pony....
    My Little Pony....
    Winnie the Po....
    Winnie the Po....
    Winnie the Po....
    Winnie the Po....

It would be nice to see the entire title of the file name if possible, would make watching a series or similarly named movies easier. Or if thumbnails could be used like XBMC that would be awesome.
    We will change the interface slightly to care of this with the next release.

Regards,

KalemSoft