Page 31 of 67 FirstFirst ... 21262728293031323334353641 ... LastLast
Like Tree128Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by roundruler View Post
    The developer said subtitles are not going to happen a few pages ago.
    =[ Subtitles is the only thing holding me back. Playing movies with embedded subs in .mkv's in my Anime collection as well as separate .srt subs for my asian movie collection is one of the main reasons I got the Touchpad. Watching ANIME on the beautiful IPS screen is simply jaw-dropping. Please reconsider subtitle feature. It should be the most basic & standard feature of ANY media player.

If not, the only hope for me would be a full VLC port....I can only dream.
    Last edited by douche1337; 09/12/2011 at 02:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ******1337 View Post
    =[ Subtitles is the only thing holding me back. Playing movies with embedded subs in .mkv's in all my asian movies and Anime collection is one of the main reasons I got the Touchpad. Watching ANIME on the beautiful IPS screen is simply jaw-dropping. Please reconsider subtitle feature. It should be the most basic & standard feature of ANY media player.

If not, the only hope for me would be a full VLC port....I can only dream.
    I just hardsub the MKVs... takes a while, but well worth it... now I don't have to
    worry about it, ever. Of course, if you have 3 seasons of 30 episodes of anime,
    it's going to take a LONG time to hardsub!
    I just hardsub the MKVs... takes a while, but well worth it... now I don't have to
    worry about it, ever. Of course, if you have 3 seasons of 30 episodes of anime,
    it's going to take a LONG time to hardsub!
    Ideally, I would want to just drag-n-drop all my movies into my Touchpad and play them without any re-encoding whatsoever. And yes, my collection is too big to re-encode, especially since everything I have is either 720p or 1080p.

If only the TP supported NTFS....*sigh
    jhoff80 likes this.
    Subs will eventually come out according to the developper. When I saw the last posts I thought subtitle support was definitively abandonned but apparently they are still working on it :P
    Last edited by Dokiz; 09/12/2011 at 02:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ******1337 View Post
    If only the TP supported NTFS....*sigh
    Yeah, the limits of the file-system are now the only real issues I have with playing video on the Touchpad.

... I guess it filters out your user name if I try quoting it though.
    I really don't understand how the Touchpad's native video player
    can decode foreign language video names correct... ye the
    Kalemsoft Media Player software can't. (and expect people to
    pay $6.99 for software that's half-baked )
    Sorry but if you don't contact us, we won't be able to help you. This is the second request we are kindly asking you to contact us via KalemSoft - Live Support Solution (Powered By Help Center Live)

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Can I suggest a slight improvement? When I am displaying a list of videos, they tend to be a name followed by a number (e.g. The Paradise club 1-1). The trouble is, the last bit of the number isn't displayed. So, can we have the list resizable - maybe by making the list box wider? (does this make sense?)

alan
    Has anyone experienced playback issues of .avi files over 1 gig. Specifically, just the start up. I have to slide the film forward a couple of minutes to play. Then it is fine. Every avi under 1 gig opens and starts flawless.
    Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell.
    jfeltens likes this.
    I just tried, and found the same issue. Might want to contact the developer and report a bug. I'll do the same. It seems that if you try and start it <1minute, it won't start, but as soon as you get over the minute stage, it plays. I think I've seen that kid fishing out of the crescent moon enough times anyway , but would be nice to not have to do that.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    0.3.7 to 0.4.0 changelog ?
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I just tried, and found the same issue. Might want to contact the developer and report a bug. I'll do the same. It seems that if you try and start it <1minute, it won't start, but as soon as you get over the minute stage, it plays. I think I've seen that kid fishing out of the crescent moon enough times anyway , but would be nice to not have to do that.
    same AVI issue here...

I thought there was something wrong with my Touchpad when the AVI wouldn't play.

Good to hear that I'm not the only one.... guess we'll just have to wait until the next update?
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    should I stay at 3.7 or switch to 4.0

AVI are working fine for me on 3.7 any size AVI at that
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    v0.4.0 here and now i have stuttering and freezing video when streaming either with kalemsoft media streamer or samba. .avi sd and .mkv full hd doesnt matter.

when playback from touchpads hdd the videos run fine.

i think buffering in kalemsoft is very bad and must be improved.

streaming to notebook via samba and media player classic is perfect.

tp is 2 meters away from wlan acesspoint.
    notebook is 10 meters away from wlan access point.
    Hoping that 'kalemsoft' will not conveniently overlook this post and will actually respond to the following queries:

1. Why does this not support DLNA? This would make the app far more usefull than it is right now.

2. The proprietry server this app uses, keeps losing the link and then one has to restart the server to get a link again.

3. Is there a way to play a whole album with this app?

4. Does this support playlists? Apparently it does not.

5. Is there a way to play a whole folder without having to add each song to the favorite list?

This app does not even have the most basic functionality of a media player and I am surprised that no one has brought up these issues so far. Does everyone play only one song at a time. Or is it that everyone is just focused on video. Personally I find this app way overpriced in it's current state.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Typo Lad and Eric10301 like this.
    same AVI issue here...

I thought there was something wrong with my Touchpad when the AVI wouldn't play.

Good to hear that I'm not the only one.... guess we'll just have to wait until the next update?
    strange....90percent of what I watch is avi and I have not had a single issue with them.

EDIT>> I just loaded a 1.5gb and a 1.2GB to test....no problems on either....both avi.
    Last edited by boxorox; 09/12/2011 at 09:25 PM.
    @boxorox I just tried reloading and a device restart. It still does not start until after a minute. What folder are your files in DCIM?
    Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell.
    Anyone having trouble with the app's positioning? In landscape position with the center button to my left, the app stays upside down. Moving to profile position doesn't help--it stays put. Go figure.

Good people cannot sleep peaceably in their beds all over the world because misguided young men and women stand ready to do violence on the behalf of sociopathic superpower leaders who send them so their sheeple will sleep peaceably in their beds and not make trouble.

--George Orwell's message
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre in MN View Post
    Anyone having trouble with the app's positioning? In landscape position with the center button to my left, the app stays upside down. Moving to profile position doesn't help--it stays put. Go figure.
    Same behavior as the stock video player, because according to Palm you're holding it upside down.
    Quote Originally Posted by KalemSoft View Post
    Are you sure about this? This shouldn't be the case. Is it possible you were overclocking before?
    No, I was at the stock clock speed before. WMV performance definitely drastically decreased (just confirmed by testing a video after a reboot of the Touchpad).

Though this is again at HD resolutions.

For me, not really a big deal though, since I don't have much encoded in WMV anyway.
    I will also buy Kalemsoft Media Player when it can play external subttle files .srt
    or any other brand of Media Player that support subtitles.
    I am sure that many European , Australian and Asian and even a few USA TP owner wanting this feature due to the multicultural and diverse languages used in these regions.
    (Australian wanting to watch Asian and European Movies)