Page 29 of 67 FirstFirst ... 19242526272829303132333439 ... LastLast
Like Tree128Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tanj92 View Post
    wow.. im extremely impressed with the media streamer..

no lag whatsoever.. audio is in sync

love it!

-edit-

is there going to be an update to fix up the width of the playlist? i think it shows only 18 chars then rest is followed by ... it would be great to resize it so it shows the entire name of my video.

thanks!
    My audio is in sync also when streaming but my video looks very low rez. How does your look? I am not having trouble streaming to any other device on my network. I have zero buffering issues but the video looks barely watchable. Is there a special setting you use when you rip blu-rays/DVD's to play on the TP?
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I purchased the 5.99 of the website and now there is an update 4.0 in the webos store, how long until I can download that update.

Thanks,

K
    Quote Originally Posted by rcs914 View Post
    I just wanted to thank the developers as I downloaded the .37 beta and it plays my 1gb 720p mkv files flawlessly, without overclocking! I haven't even explored the other options yet as I've been so happy with playing my content locally.
    I too just downloaded the .37 beta and my 720p mkv files play beautifully! Will purchase the full as soon as the current version is updated.

EDIT: noticed .4.0 is in app catalog. If I read this thread correctly, that is a slightly updated ver of .3.7 right? Also, is it best to purchase through catalog or directly from kalemsoft site?
    Last edited by black19; 09/11/2011 at 09:58 PM.
    I purchased the $5.99 from their website also and now they have 4.0 on the webos store. Do I have to pay again to update what I have now 3.7 to the latest version?
    Quote Originally Posted by g-dog View Post
    I purchased the $5.99 from their website also and now they have 4.0 on the webos store. Do I have to pay again to update what I have now 3.7 to the latest version?
    Obviously you didnt read the old posts, 3.7 from web site = 4.0 from the app store.. or almost :P and the price we payed will allow us to upgrade too without cost.
    BTW i just tested the streaming server in linux via wine and it worked like a charm (impressive to both wine, linux and the media server), i streamer 1080p mkv to the touchie without a glitch greeeeat work indeed

im just waiting anxiously for subtitles support (both external files and mkv embedded).
    is overclocking necessary to play .avi files?
    still waiting for the update in the app cat. feel like a red headed step child, i i dont have any hair.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by freshlemon View Post
    is overclocking necessary to play .avi files?
    No.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I purchased from the website. Will this auto update like the app store?
    ok finally got the update in app catalog.

i can play .rmvb files remotely with the latest kalemsoft media streamer, but the video seems to be stuttering quite a bit, the audio is perfect but the video is playing at like 10 FPS

any ideas?
    This post is of my personal opinion and not that of my employer, its affiliates, or related partners.
    livetoride89 likes this.
    Is 0.4.0 supposed to play MKV? all my MKV test files crash or stutter. Using Warthog.

THANKS
    Quote Originally Posted by mettleh3d View Post
    Is 0.4.0 supposed to play MKV? all my MKV test files crash or stutter. Using Warthog.

THANKS
    mkv's work perfect for me now.

720p ones anyway
    This post is of my personal opinion and not that of my employer, its affiliates, or related partners.
    Quote Originally Posted by groo_pcd View Post
    BTW i just tested the streaming server in linux via wine and it worked like a charm (impressive to both wine, linux and the media server), i streamer 1080p mkv to the touchie without a glitch greeeeat work indeed

im just waiting anxiously for subtitles support (both external files and mkv embedded).
    Which version of wine did you use? Was it on an x86_64?
    Quote Originally Posted by bb147 View Post
    mkv's work perfect for me now.

720p ones anyway
    I'll try a 720p mkv. Would you mind testing a 1080p sample if you've got the chance? I was referring to 1080p samples crashing Kalemsoft btw.
    Just got 0.4.0 in the Catalog, and it plays my 720p MKVs perfectly as well at the default clock speed. I wanted to test a 1080p one, but all my 1080p stuff is too large for the Touchpad's file system, so I'll have to cut down a segment to test.

Edit: Okay, I'm VERY impressed. I cut down a segment of a TV show to a 500MB clip of it. Now, this encode is 1920x1080, in an MKV container, with 5.1 channel DTS audio. To give you an idea of the high bitrate of the video, that 500MB clip is four minutes and 53 seconds long, so it's basically a torture test on the Touchpad (pretty much nobody in their right mind would generally encode that high)... and it plays perfectly, with no dropped frames so far as I can see, and it keeps sync perfectly throughout the clip. The only nitpick is that the audio seems to have a split second issue every so often where it sounds like like maybe it's clipping or something. But again, this is downmixing 5.1 DTS audio in a very high bitrate file to stereo, so very impressed.

However, WMV performance appears to have decreased drastically. I only have a couple of files in WMV, so it's not much of an issue for me. If I had to choose between perfect MKV and crappy WMV or crappy MKV and a little stuttery WMV, I'd take the perfect MKV right away. However, WMV was definitely better in the old version.
    Last edited by jhoff80; 09/12/2011 at 02:07 AM.
  17. nj
    Request for developer.

Allow the streamer to stream at the same framerate as the source material.

The current streamer seems to re-encode all streams at 24fps.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    However, WMV performance appears to have decreased drastically.
    Are you sure about this? This shouldn't be the case. Is it possible you were overclocking before?

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Any chance of adding UPnP support?
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Just to say the App catalogue now has v0.4.0 in it.

Thank you.

Alan