Page 28 of 67 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728293031323338 ... LastLast
Like Tree128Likes
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Since I did not purchase from the AppStore, when I reset my TouchPad I will just have to remember to reinstall it? Or will my webOS account recover it?
    Has anyone experienced playback issues of .avi files over 1 gig. Specifically, just the start up. I have to slide the film forward a couple of minutes to play. Then it is fine. Every avi under 1 gig opens and starts flawless.
    Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I have a question about the streaming program for the computer. Does it transcode or actually allow the touchpad to view and open the files? I'm wondering because the computer where much of my media is stored on isn't very fast and doesn't transcode very well.
  4. uk1
    Still struggling to get an answer ...

Should the player play TS files or not please? Mine doesn't!

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by uk1 View Post
    Still struggling to get an answer ...

Jeff
    Have you checked your private messages?

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Quote Originally Posted by SSJChar View Post
    I have a question about the streaming program for the computer. Does it transcode or actually allow the touchpad to view and open the files? I'm wondering because the computer where much of my media is stored on isn't very fast and doesn't transcode very well.
    It does transcode. You can do offline transcoding from File->Encode and then stream the transcoded output (.ksm) extension. In that case, it won't get transcoded again during streaming.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Quote Originally Posted by ksht View Post
    not sure if this has been asked before, not sure if this can be done either, can Kalemsoft support streaming video files on dropbox or box.net? From what I can see it currently doesn't .
    Not yet, this is on todo list though.

Regards,

KalemSoft
  8. uk1
    Quote Originally Posted by KalemSoft View Post
    Not yet, this is on todo list though.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Thanks - I was confused by your suggestion to rename the files which I presumed you meant that they would then play!

Any idea when this might appear roughly ..... I'm preparing for some extended travel early next year and will have a Humax load!?
    Quote Originally Posted by uk1 View Post
    Thanks - I was confused by your suggestion to rename the files which I presumed you meant that they would then play!

Any idea when this might appear roughly ..... I'm preparing for some extended travel early next year and will have a Humax load!?
    Oh, that response wasn't for you. Normally m2ts files should be supported. Please check your private messages, we sent you some instructions to upload sample content for us to do some testing.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    I'm still waiting for my .37 update. What's up with HP?

Alan
  11. uk1
    Oh, that response wasn't for you. Normally m2ts files should be supported. Please check your private messages, we sent you some instructions to upload sample content for us to do some testing.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Thanks - away from base - but will upload tommorow.

Jeff
    I just wanted to thank the developers as I downloaded the .37 beta and it plays my 1gb 720p mkv files flawlessly, without overclocking! I haven't even explored the other options yet as I've been so happy with playing my content locally.
    drjrdemelo likes this.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    from 10 dvbviewer .ts recordings 1 runs fine all other i get a green screen and stop immedietly.
    When playing a movie that was converted and copied directly to TP using Kalemsoft 0.3.7 the audio syncing is terrible. It's like 3 seconds ahead of the actual movie. But when I stream the exact same movie from my PC it plays perfect. If I use the TP stock player the audio is fine but the video is a little choppy (barely noticeable but you can tell). Anybody have any suggestions as to what settings to use when you convert blu-rays to watch on the TP so I will not have these audio syncing issues. I can stream fine using Kalemsoft but I would like the ability to take some movies with me when I travel.

Thanks in advance
    Also when I stream from my PC using Kalemsoft the picture is not the greatest the audio is fine but the picture does not look as near as good playing directly from the TP. The picture doesn't freeze or anything but it pixelizes big time.
    Just released version 1.0.6, please give it a try.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    The new version of the streamer works great! Resolved the choppy playback. This is now the killer app for the touchpad.

I hope that HP can get there act together and put the updated player in the app store. I should have purchased the player directly from Kalemsoft.
    after playing around with the trial version, i have been very impressed by this incredible player...

finally purchased it today and will test out streaming from PC.

Thanks a bunch KalemSoft!

This is definitely the best $5.99 I've spent! anyone else agree?
    I also paid $5.99 but I still have audio syncing issues playing back movies stored on the TP. The audio is like 3 seconds ahead of the video but when I stream from my PC it's fine except for the picture quality is not very good. No buffering issues either. Streaming music is a breeze.
    hmm im getting an error when trying to stream.

I'm not sure if i configured my firewall correctly and router to enable upnp/allow forwarding to 7000 and 7001.

can anyone point me to the right direction? Thanks!

Remote connection test failed!
    While you may still be able to conect.....

Please configure any possible active firewall software on your PC to allow connection on ports 7000 and 7001 or turn off your firewall.

In addition, your PC seems to be behind a router....to enable UPNP or manually setup port forwarding on your router for IP address: 192.168.1.111 and tcp ports 7000 and 7001.

edit: nvm

it was my router.. i had to set EXT to 7000, 7001 and INT address to 192.168.1.111.
    Last edited by tanj92; 09/11/2011 at 07:05 PM.
    wow.. im extremely impressed with the media streamer..

no lag whatsoever.. audio is in sync

love it!

-edit-

is there going to be an update to fix up the width of the playlist? i think it shows only 18 chars then rest is followed by ... it would be great to resize it so it shows the entire name of my video.

thanks!
    Last edited by tanj92; 09/11/2011 at 07:43 PM.