Page 27 of 67 FirstFirst ... 17222324252627282930313237 ... LastLast
Like Tree128Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by keplenk View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm currently using Kalamesoft streamer 1.05. Kalemsoft in TP plays videos fine.

However, I'm having issues buffering. My Desktop PC is currently connected to a Wireless N router (wired) and that is also where my TP is wireless connected (N mode, not mixed). The video file I'm watching is like 250mb only. Everytime I play a movie with so much actions in a scene, it stutters not because of poor playback but because of buffering issue.

Is there a way to solve buffering problems?

Thanks

EDIT: I forgot to mention that when it stutter due to buffering, I just have to pause it for a few seconds and resume play, stutter is gone.
    Please enable progressive download on the player from the settings and check the statistics from the streamer. See if the bottommost two numbers (video timestamp and audio timestamp) which show the encoded seconds increment faster than real-time. If they do and you still cannot get smooth streaming, it may be something related to the network. If the numbers increment lower than real-time, then the PC is not powerful enough to transcode and stream that clip in real-time. There is also a new streamer update just released by the way (v1.0.6). Please give it a try along with the player update if you are still running 0.3.4 as the player.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    I have purchased this app from the app store and transferred a few avi, divx and mkv movies onto my touchpad. Most of them work great with no problems, but some of the mkv movies play for a few seconds and then the player crashes. If i scroll to a later point in the movie just as it opens, it might play for a little while and crash or play the rest of the movie from that point. Is this a known problem? Is it a problem with my movie file or the player?
    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonkeyballs View Post
    I have purchased this app from the app store and transferred a few avi, divx and mkv movies onto my touchpad. Most of them work great with no problems, but some of the mkv movies play for a few seconds and then the player crashes. If i scroll to a later point in the movie just as it opens, it might play for a little while and crash or play the rest of the movie from that point. Is this a known problem? Is it a problem with my movie file or the player?
    It can be either. We made lots of improvements in this area in the new version which will hopefully be released soon on the app catalog. Please try the new version when it comes out.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    hey, couldn't find the 1.0.6 version of the Media Streamer on KalemSoft site... any link please?
    Quote Originally Posted by lebye View Post
    hey, couldn't find the 1.0.6 version of the Media Streamer on KalemSoft site... any link please?
    http://www.kalemsoft.com/site/demos/...mer_v1.0.6.msi

Hopefully adding links isn't an issue on this board.
    i thought someone had said the latest version added RMVB support.

I just installed media streamer 1.0.6 and it still doesn't show any of my RMVB files?

Thanks in advance.
    This post is of my personal opinion and not that of my employer, its affiliates, or related partners.
    Quote Originally Posted by bb147 View Post
    i thought someone had said the latest version added RMVB support.

I just installed media streamer 1.0.6 and it still doesn't show any of my RMVB files?

Thanks in advance.
    You need to get the player update as well. The server will only show them for re-encoding support that is available in File->Encode...

Regards,

KalemSoft
  8. uk1
    Can't find the answer to this question.

Are there any plans for KMP to play MP2 TS files? I don't want to convert the files - I've loads - I just want to play them.

I think this would add a lot of customers - particularly those that would like to play files recorded on Humax recorders.

Thanks,

Jeff
    Last edited by uk1; 09/10/2011 at 03:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by uk1 View Post
    Can't find the answer to this question.

Are there any plans for KMP to play MP2 TS files? I don't want to convert the files - I've loads - I just want to play them.

I think this would add a lot of customers - particularly those that would like to play files recorded on Humax recorders.

Thanks,

Jeff
    Have you tried renaming the files to .ts?

Regards,

KalemSoft
    thx guys, found out by myself for the 1.0.6 version of the streamer. Hoping I can watch by ADSL TV channels in a near future
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Dear Kalemsoft,

Would the next version support subtitles that is integrated with .mkv files? I would really love this feature for watching anime with .mkv extension.

BTW, these mkv files DOES NOT have a separate file for subtitles (.srt or similar).

I'm sorry as I can't explain to you what I mean in a technical way because I know little about these kinds of stuff.

However, for you to see what I mean, try to download this:

Anime Sample in .mkv

It is just trailers of one anime in .mkv.

I got it from here (if you don't want megaupload, try the other mirrors) Download Ao no Exorcist PV – Anime Take

It plays the subtitle fine on a PC with the right codecs but not in the TP (plays smooth like butter btw )

Thank you very much.
    Last edited by keplenk; 09/10/2011 at 07:40 AM.
  12. uk1
    Quote Originally Posted by KalemSoft View Post
    Have you tried renaming the files to .ts?

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Thanks, they all already have .ts as the extension.

Are you saying that the player should play them - because mine doesn't. It opens it and shuts it immediately after less than a second.

Thanks.

Jeff
    Last edited by uk1; 09/10/2011 at 07:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by keplenk View Post
    Dear Kalemsoft,

Would the next version support subtitles that is integrated with .mkv files? I would really love this feature for watching anime with .mkv extension.

BTW, these mkv files DOES NOT have a separate file for subtitles (.srt or similar).

I'm sorry as I can't explain to you what I mean in a technical way because I know little about these kinds of stuff.

However, for you to see what I mean, try to download this:

Anime Sample in .mkv

It is just trailers of one anime in .mkv.

I got it from here (if you don't want megaupload, try the other mirrors) Download Ao no Exorcist PV Anime Take

It plays the subtitle fine on a PC with the right codecs but not in the TP (plays smooth like butter btw )

Thank you very much.
    Hi, yes this will be supported as well.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    keplenk and xaev01 like this.
    I love this player. It's the most important app to me. Now I can watch all series on my TP from bed
    Click here to see my Palm Pre photos

Fave Apps: Agenda, Facebook, Molo Photo Filters Pro, Spaz, AuctionMate Pro, Flickr Mundo, Brightness Unlinked, AccuWeather, NomNomNom, KalemSoft Media Player, Paketverfolgung, Puzzle Master

Palm Pre -> HP Pre 3 + TouchPad <3
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Any idea why the player (0.3.4) will randomly close when streaming, or close after a few seconds when playing locally?
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    howto connect to a vlc stream ?
    Quote Originally Posted by prognar View Post
    Any idea why the player (0.3.4) will randomly close when streaming, or close after a few seconds when playing locally?
    It is probably due to low memory killer in webos. Check this out:

Prevent PDK app crashes on your TouchPad [homebrew] | The #1 HP webOS, TouchPad, Pre, and Veer Community | PreCentral.net

Updated version of the player should not do it. Sometimes restart of the device will fix it too.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Quote Originally Posted by thomaz View Post
    howto connect to a vlc stream ?
    You cannot, you should use our media streamer instead of VLC if you would like to stream from your PC.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    not sure if this has been asked before, not sure if this can be done either, can Kalemsoft support streaming video files on dropbox or box.net? From what I can see it currently doesn't .
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    this mkv is 960x720.
    all win media players and samsung d tvs media play 2.0 shows the vid in 16:9 which is the correct aspect ratio.
    ksmp displays it in fullscreen.
    switching from "full" to "boxed" has no effect.

please fix and add an option to cycle through all standard aspect ratios to force videos encoded with wrong aspect ratio to play with correct ar. or even add 2 slider (x/y) to have a complete free zoom.
    Last edited by thomaz; 09/10/2011 at 06:51 PM.