Page 25 of 67 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425262728293035 ... LastLast
Like Tree128Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by KalemSoft View Post
    Hi all,

A quick update. HP is currently working on approving the update. We had to go through a few cycles with them. They wanted us to update a few things in the way the application is bundled. So, we had to bump up the version number with each update because their system doesn't allow the same version to be pushed again. The version on the catalog will most probably be 0.4.0 although it won't be really much different than 0.3.7 version that is available at our site currently. There are a few decoding improvements on top of 0.3.7 which we will make available at our website as well. So, please don't expect subtitle support on this one yet, but we are working on it.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Any idea on the ETA?

My demo of 3.7 ran out a week ago, so I'm back to no 720 support until HP gets of their duffs.
    Is there a way to test the new version if my trial from the previous version has run out?
  3. c2q
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Huh? The demo version expires after a week? My demo is > a week and it still works O.o
    Can someone please tell me where my videos belong. I put the (mp4) in the movies and then the favorites section of the directory. I get file association errors. This is the paid app downloaded today from the website. Also these are dvd rips @ 720p. No ipad movie. I am going to pull my hair out. Thanks!
    Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Hi all,

A quick update. HP is currently working on approving the update. We had to go through a few cycles with them. They wanted us to update a few things in the way the application is bundled. So, we had to bump up the version number with each update because their system doesn't allow the same version to be pushed again. The version on the catalog will most probably be 0.4.0 although it won't be really much different than 0.3.7 version that is available at our site currently. There are a few decoding improvements on top of 0.3.7 which we will make available at our website as well. So, please don't expect subtitle support on this one yet, but we are working on it.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Thats good to hear. I'm going on a trip on sunday night and so hopefully HP will have this update out by then. If not i'll probably still be ok since most of my vids aren't high resolution.
    touchplayer is cleaner than kelemsoft player, but kalemesoft player is much more convenint.
    Quote Originally Posted by c2q View Post
    Huh? The demo version expires after a week? My demo is > a week and it still works O.o
    It may be based on when I installed the original demo.
  8. uk1
    Haven't found it in the thread - so excuse if this is a duplicate question!

Is there any way to play automatically ie as if in a playlist all of the contents of a folder sequentially please?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by D0lphin View Post
    Can someone please tell me where my videos belong. I put the (mp4) in the movies and then the favorites section of the directory. I get file association errors. This is the paid app downloaded today from the website. Also these are dvd rips @ 720p. No ipad movie. I am going to pull my hair out. Thanks!
    I put mine in the DCIM folder. Honestly though I didn't think it mattered in Webos.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2TouchDroid? View Post
    I put mine in the DCIM folder. Honestly though I didn't think it mattered in Webos.
    I created a folder in media\internals called Videos and both the native player as well as Kalemsoft will see the videos I loaded.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    KalemSoft - Store

Check out for media player for Webos paypal link.

Or you can purchase it from within the demo you have: Settings->Activation->Purchase

Once you purchase it, we will send you a confirmation email. Then, enter your email address to the box on the Activation scene within the app and click Activate. You won't need internet connection to play files from that point on.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Ok, activated.
    How about fix the resume function to resume as default. 50% of the time resume doesn't work and/or I'm doing it wrong.

Implement delete?

Set default Local Media folder location. Opening up to the root is an ugly pain.

Thank you, and yes I've paid.
    Does anyone know if you can use the same purchase on multiple touchpads? I don't want to have to buy one for each one in my home.
    Quote Originally Posted by zoglog View Post
    Does anyone know if you can use the same purchase on multiple touchpads? I don't want to have to buy one for each one in my home.
    Wasn't there an earlier post about this? Seems to me they said that if you buy it from the HP App Catalog you get to install it on devices sharing the same WebOS Profile. If you buy it from the website you only get the one install. I could be mistaken though and don't really care to search this thread for the post. Helpful I know.
    Thanks for the info, yeah I found where someone said if you buy from the site you only can activate once which is really dumb.

I mean, what if your touchpad dies and you have to replace it, you need to buy the app again if you buy it from the website.
    I just found out that you need an internet connection to use the un-activated Kalemsoft player.

Unfortunately I found this out soaring through the air on a flight to CO, and could not view ANY of the videos I had loaded on the device for my trip!! GRRRRRRRRR!

Well I paid for a license now (because really, it is the best media player I've used on the Touchpad as it launches videos quicker and scrubs smoothly)

So since I have a license now I have a couple questions:
    1. Will this license be good for future updates of the player?
    2. Can I now use the streaming services offered by Kalemsoft that I see in the app?
    Man I'm in a pickle. I want this app for my flight later today, however I don't want to pay $6 now, and have to pay another $6 if my pad fails and one for each one in the house. I use the same webos account for all of em.

however the one on the marketplace is outdated =(
    Quote Originally Posted by zoglog View Post
    Thanks for the info, yeah I found where someone said if you buy from the site you only can activate once which is really dumb.

I mean, what if your touchpad dies and you have to replace it, you need to buy the app again if you buy it from the website.
    We can always transfer your license to another device if you contact us. It is just that you cannot run it on multiple devices at the same time, like most node-locked licensed software. This is a measure we need to take against piracy or illegal distribution unfortunately.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Quote Originally Posted by UCLAKoolman View Post
    1. Will this license be good for future updates of the player?
    2. Can I now use the streaming services offered by Kalemsoft that I see in the app?
    Yes and yes.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Good to hear that you can recover your activation if you switch devices. Makes me feel more comfortable about purchasing. Any idea on when we'll see .3.7 hit the app store? I'd prefer to buy it there

also are integrated subtitles in mkv files being slated for next release? I think that's a big one for anime watchers