Page 24 of 67 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324252627282934 ... LastLast
Like Tree128Likes
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clayclay350 View Post
    Did you buy the app from the App Catalog? If so, you have to wait for HP to approve the update to 0.3.7 which the developer has submitted days ago. Hopefully it will pop up soon.

FYI, the price has not been changing. It's is $6.99 in the App Catalog and $5.99 from the developer's site. I speculate it is cheaper directly from the site because even though updates are quicker because there is no need to have them approved, it involves the person to install the ipk themselves and some webOS users are not that savvy or comfortable using Homebrew solutions.

So unfortunately, the advice is to wait until the update clears from HP!

i bought it from the app store, think it's possible to manually update the app by installing the latest one from the website?
    Quote Originally Posted by tEhLoNeR View Post
    i bought it from the app store, think it's possible to manually update the app by installing the latest one from the website?
    If I were you, I would go to the Kalemsoft website and submit a ticket. Ask them if the would allow that. I read on these forum somewhere, that they did allow someone to activate the one from their website, after he had bought the one from the app store and then grabbed the newer trial version.

Don't expect a quick answer though.
    I have 3 touchpads I want to run it on. If I use the website, can I just pay once, or do I have to buy the app 3 different times?
    Quote Originally Posted by roundruler View Post
    Unfortunatley, the working version is still not available in the apps store for those of us
    who are required to buy from the apps store.
    I'm using the 0.3.4 from the App Store and it's working perfectly for me. Might be luck of the draw but so far so good.
    Long live webOS!
    Quote Originally Posted by boss13 View Post
    I have 3 touchpads I want to run it on. If I use the website, can I just pay once, or do I have to buy the app 3 different times?
    When you purchase from the app store, you can add it to however many tablets you have on your account.
    When you purchase from the website, you get one activation.
    Quote Originally Posted by drfp View Post
    honestly since I was using a trial to try it and then found out when I had no internet connection it DID not work I was pretty mad and now I do not want to buy it pretty shabby since I had no idea this would happen.

On a brighter note I know of a developer working on the Vlc port.
    The internet connection is only required for the demo version. It will last for one-week anyway and that should give you plenty of time to decide to buy it or not.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Quote Originally Posted by thomaz View Post
    the streamer connects to kalemsoft server and sends data. (a pfw is good to block those malicious traffic)
    the player on webos also connects to kalemsoft and sends data and totally dont want to work without an existing internet connection.

both isnt defeatable.

so ask yourself the question why does kalemsoft applications only work with an existing internet connection.

spyware ?

the only internet connection for a media player i would accept would be for activation.
    We thought we already explained this.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Yesterday while I was in a parking lot. I caught a very weak unsecured wifi signal. I got connected then proceeded to play Thundercats that I had on my TP. I then lost signal nearly as soon as the video started and it continued to play.

I think that this limitation is strictly to get us to buy the real version. I would get 0.3.7 activated but I don't think that it's even available.
    Hi all,

A quick update. HP is currently working on approving the update. We had to go through a few cycles with them. They wanted us to update a few things in the way the application is bundled. So, we had to bump up the version number with each update because their system doesn't allow the same version to be pushed again. The version on the catalog will most probably be 0.4.0 although it won't be really much different than 0.3.7 version that is available at our site currently. There are a few decoding improvements on top of 0.3.7 which we will make available at our website as well. So, please don't expect subtitle support on this one yet, but we are working on it.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KalemSoft View Post
    Hi all,

Regards,

KalemSoft
    I don't want 0.3.7 to run out and want to be able to play files without a network. Do I have to wait till hp releases 4.0 or can I purchase it from your website now. I don't see the option to pay for 0.3.7 anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by EsQueue View Post
    I don't want 0.3.7 to run out and want to be able to play files without a network. Do I have to wait till hp releases 4.0 or can I purchase it from your website now. I don't see the option to pay for 0.3.7 anywhere.

KalemSoft - Store

Check out for media player for Webos paypal link.

Or you can purchase it from within the demo you have: Settings->Activation->Purchase

Once you purchase it, we will send you a confirmation email. Then, enter your email address to the box on the Activation scene within the app and click Activate. You won't need internet connection to play files from that point on.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Hi all,

A quick update. HP is currently working on approving the update. We had to go through a few cycles with them. They wanted us to update a few things in the way the application is bundled. So, we had to bump up the version number with each update because their system doesn't allow the same version to be pushed again. The version on the catalog will most probably be 0.4.0 although it won't be really much different than 0.3.7 version that is available at our site currently. There are a few decoding improvements on top of 0.3.7 which we will make available at our website as well. So, please don't expect subtitle support on this one yet, but we are working on it.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    What kind of subtitle support? The ability to turn them on and off?

Can we expect the ability to choose between language audio tracks? That would be awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by Loccy View Post
    I've just been bitten by the same problem despite being a paying customer.
    Here's the scenario:
    1) Purchase software
    2) Download, install and activate software
    3) Enjoy software
    4) See upgrade
    5) Do upgrade
    6) Enjoy software not realising one has to re-activate (it doesn't at any point say "the upgrade is now back in trial mode")
    7) Get on plane
    8) Get error message about no network
    9) Swear loudly at Kalemsoft's militant activation.....
    I have this problem currently, what is the solution please?
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

.................email address to the box on the Activation scene within the app and click Activate. You won't need internet connection to play files from that point on.........KalemSoft
    This is not true for my copy, it WILL NOT RUN without first checking for an internet connection?
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post
    I have this problem currently, what is the solution please?
    You probably wiped off your copy before installing the update. Can't you just activate it again? If that doesn't work, please contact us at KalemSoft - Live Support Solution (Powered By Help Center Live)

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Last edited by KalemSoft; 09/07/2011 at 07:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post
    This is not true for my copy, it WILL NOT RUN without first checking for an internet connection?
    Can anyone else confirm it? I don't want to pay for it and found out that it will only play with an internet connection first.
    Quote Originally Posted by imisim View Post
    Can anyone else confirm it? I don't want to pay for it and found out that it will only play with an internet connection first.
    Mine and my friend's both work just fine without a connection. That guy must have some weird bug going on, or forgot to reactivate after an update.
    Quote Originally Posted by xaev01 View Post
    Mine and my friend's both work just fine without a connection. That guy must have some weird bug going on, or forgot to reactivate after an update.
    +1 here. Works fine here without connection. Excellent application.

Kalemsoft,

One major issue I'd like to see fixed:

The password shows up as regular text, it would be good if it were hidden.
    Hi all,

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Thanks for all your hard work on this! I'm grateful we have such a great DEV team behind this application All the best!
    If we buy from your website can we use the same purchase on any of the touchpads I have in my house or will I need to buy 1 copy per touchpad?

Also are mkv subtitles supported yet?