Page 23 of 67 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast
Like Tree128Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by langong View Post
    Is there way to load Srt subtitle files ?
    no subtitle support yet
    They are working on it.
    boxorox is right - the demo version is NOT in the HP catalog. Go to the KalemSoft website and grab the demo there.

I didn't notice any sluggishness with the demo. Not saying there wasn't any... I just didn't really notice if there was. It's expired now, so I can't verify.

Off to buy the full version at their website. Thanks boxorox!
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    All I know is I am having no issues with it, and it has done quite well for what I paid, Keep up the good work.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boxorox View Post
    no subtitle support yet
    They are working on it.
    How about embedded subtitles like the one from animes? Usually the format is mkv.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by keplenk View Post
    How about embedded subtitles like the one from animes? Usually the format is mkv.

Thanks!
    I'm a French/German/Danish movie buff.... would be lovely if I can watch the MKVs with
    English subtitles. Hardsubbing them will take too long.

Plus, there are times when I just want to know what the Japanese high-def 720p adult
    p*rn actor/actresses are saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by keplenk View Post

Thanks!
    MKV is working fine on mine. I do not have anything with embedded subtitles.....my guess would be that it works.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MincerRay View Post
    I have the same problem. It's not reliable enough for me to use. I'm also Mac only, so have to run the streamer in a VM, which is a pain. I would rather Kalemsoft support uPnP.
    I am also Mac only. I have successfully installed the streamer app into Crossover Mac, negating the need to fire up a full VM. A native Mac streamer app would be more useful.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    honestly since I was using a trial to try it and then found out when I had no internet connection it DID not work I was pretty mad and now I do not want to buy it pretty shabby since I had no idea this would happen.

On a brighter note I know of a developer working on the Vlc port.
    I'm not here to criticize the Touchpad but to learn how to make it better.
    Quote Originally Posted by drfp View Post
    On a brighter note I know of a developer working on the Vlc port.
    Wow.. that's good news! VLC has got to be 10 times better than this Kalemsoft c*ap at $7.
    Seriously the maturity level of these posts needs a boost. There is no need for name-calling or foul language.

@drfp
    If you don't like a free demo that's fine but I'm pretty sure the conditions of the demo are readily available so I'm not sure why you are upset it doesn't work without an internet connection; it's just a temporary demo after all.
    I am, therefore I think
    Is there any talk of a 'lite' version? Streaming is grand and all,but I don't want it/need it. I'd just like to be able to play my locally stored media. Tried another player and wanted to toss it out the window.

I'd pay for a 'lite' version that ran well, and didn't have some of the more advanced stuff.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    the streamer connects to kalemsoft server and sends data. (a pfw is good to block those malicious traffic)
    the player on webos also connects to kalemsoft and sends data and totally dont want to work without an existing internet connection.

both isnt defeatable.

so ask yourself the question why does kalemsoft applications only work with an existing internet connection.

spyware ?

the only internet connection for a media player i would accept would be for activation.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkreifus View Post
    Is there any talk of a 'lite' version? Streaming is grand and all,but I don't want it/need it. I'd just like to be able to play my locally stored media. Tried another player and wanted to toss it out the window.

I'd pay for a 'lite' version that ran well, and didn't have some of the more advanced stuff.
    This is essentially a 2-part deal to begin with>>the app for the Touchpad and the server for your PC. The streaming software is free. You only pay for the app. If you do not want to stream from your PC, don't install that software.
    Quote Originally Posted by thomaz View Post
    the player on webos also connects to kalemsoft and sends data and totally dont want to work without an existing internet connection.
    FALSE

Info in this thread tells you: The app does not need an internet connection to play local files.
    All you have to do is pay for the app.
    Quote Originally Posted by boxorox View Post
    FALSE

Info in this thread tells you: The app does not need an internet connection to play local files.
    All you have to do is pay for the app.
    Exactly. If your copy of the player is unactivated, it connects to the server to determine the status of your trial copy.
    Just need to say that the difference between the paid version and the trial is ridiculous. The trial "worked" but was really buggy with visual artifacts left behind; but the paid retail version (which I bought 2 days ago) works like a dream.

Worth every damn penny.
    Long live webOS!
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    0.3.4 720p MKV = audio stutter/lag
    0.3.7 beta = smooth sailing

will fork over the $7 when trial is up.
    Quote Originally Posted by mlb14 View Post
    Just need to say that the difference between the paid version and the trial is ridiculous. The trial "worked" but was really buggy with visual artifacts left behind; but the paid retail version (which I bought 2 days ago) works like a dream.

Worth every damn penny.
    Unfortunatley, the working version is still not available in the apps store for those of us
    who are required to buy from the apps store.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I was using 0.3.7 for a while until I got "Trial exceeded" notices and it stopped working.

I thought "fine" and decided to purchase the app even though it seems to be increasing in price every few days.

Now with the older version 0.3.4, during playback, I get random closings of the card. It's not very fun when you're trying to watch a movie and have to scroll through pages to get to the file again, then figure out where you were in the movie, buffer, only to have it close again.

Any ideas?

Also, a way to search in a folder would be amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by prognar View Post
    I was using 0.3.7 for a while until I got "Trial exceeded" notices and it stopped working.

I thought "fine" and decided to purchase the app even though it seems to be increasing in price every few days.

Now with the older version 0.3.4, during playback, I get random closings of the card. It's not very fun when you're trying to watch a movie and have to scroll through pages to get to the file again, then figure out where you were in the movie, buffer, only to have it close again.

Any ideas?

Also, a way to search in a folder would be amazing.
    Did you buy the app from the App Catalog? If so, you have to wait for HP to approve the update to 0.3.7 which the developer has submitted days ago. Hopefully it will pop up soon.

FYI, the price has not been changing. It's is $6.99 in the App Catalog and $5.99 from the developer's site. I speculate it is cheaper directly from the site because even though updates are quicker because there is no need to have them approved, it involves the person to install the ipk themselves and some webOS users are not that savvy or comfortable using Homebrew solutions.

So unfortunately, the advice is to wait until the update clears from HP!
    I am, therefore I think