Page 22 of 67 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast
Like Tree128Likes
    There's really nothing to it at all. All i did was :

1. Go to Preware and install Uberkernel and Govnah
    2. Reboot
    3. Run Govnah, click "profile" and select "OnDemandTcl 1512"

and that's it!
    Quote Originally Posted by izmon26 View Post
    hey guys in need of some help for my touchpad i have went through and did all the speed up stuff but i havent overclocked it, i downloaded kalemsoft last night from the kalemsoft website and put an avi of fast and furious on the touchpad but when it plays during the action scenes it stutters quite a lot is there anything i can do to stop this
    That's funny. I watched an avi of Fast and Furious on an overclocked Touchpad last weekend. It played perfectly. Uberkernel, 1.5ghz.

One thing I'd really like from the app is subtitle support.
    ok overclocked it still seems to be juddering a bit on kalemsoft ill try a different movie
    Quote Originally Posted by thomaz View Post
    whats so important that media streamer must connect to the internet in such a rude way ?

We are running a service similar to dynamic dns that maps your username to your server PC's ip address so that the player can find the streaming server on the internet just by your username. The server is updating the DNS record periodically. This is creating the traffic you see. If you block those requests, you won't be able to connect without entering an IP and port address to the player network settings. If your IP changes dynamically, you will be responsible for learning your new IP address and updating it in the network settings.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Hey, while you're around, how's subtitle support coming along?
    I'm looking forward to hear the status of subs as well.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I don't understand why it takes so long to approve an update to an app in the catalog. I understand a brand new app maybe, but an update? Come on HP. Get your ***** together.

On a separate but related note. I'd like to thank the fine folks at Kalemsoft for being so active on this forum and keeping us updated on your product. I only wish I had known I could have purchased it directly from your site.
    Well I'm a convert. I had tired the other media players and they sucked at playing my content. I had tried the app catalog version of Kalemsoft and it sucked too. I then tried the latest version of Kalemsoft from their site. Now everything is golden.
    Basic newbie question....I think I'm ready to buy it, but I want to clarify some basic questions.
    I have installed the streamer on my PC.
    I gather I should buy the version on the website and install using Quick Install and NOT the one in the app catalog because it's an older version....correct?
    When I do buy it, I will be able to stream any videos on my PC to my TP no matter where I am...correct?
    Will it stream only from folders I have identified previously using the streamer?
    Having used Spashtop Streamer on an iPad, how does the TP app locate my PC when I"m out of town?
    Can you queue multiple short videos, or will it only play one at a time? Will it go from video to video within the identified folder?
    my kalemsoft app crashes a bit too often anyone else have this problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mj23foreva View Post
    my kalemsoft app crashes a bit too often anyone else have this problem?

I use it a lot.....and it has never crashed.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    We are running a service similar to dynamic dns that maps your username to your server PC's ip address so that the player can find the streaming server on the internet just by your username. The server is updating the DNS record periodically. This is creating the traffic you see. If you block those requests, you won't be able to connect without entering an IP and port address to the player network settings. If your IP changes dynamically, you will be responsible for learning your new IP address and updating it in the network settings.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    pls add an option to disable it.

no matter heres my full wishlist:

0. audio normalizer to get low volume audio streams up to 0db (see ffdshow/volume on windows)
    1. full dlna support
    2. windows network (samba) access like touch player
    3. gpu accelerated hd
    4. access dvbviewers vlc stream and small html inside the player to change tv channels
    5. bluetooth or wlan remote control
    6. deband filter (see ffdshow) for correction of color gradients.
    7. deinterlacing for non interlaced progressive and native interlaced material
    Last edited by thomaz; 09/06/2011 at 09:34 PM.
  13. Cha
    I'm having a problem with the media streamer. Sometimes it stops working and I have to go to it on the computer and stop the stream and restart it. The app on the TP says it is not running, but it is.
    Anyone else have this problem? Advice? Update to media streamer coming?
    +1 full DLNA support
    Ubuntu (PC) / Debian (NsLu2 thx rwhitby) / HP TouchPad
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cha View Post
    I'm having a problem with the media streamer. Sometimes it stops working and I have to go to it on the computer and stop the stream and restart it. The app on the TP says it is not running, but it is.
    Anyone else have this problem? Advice? Update to media streamer coming?
    I have the same problem. It's not reliable enough for me to use. I'm also Mac only, so have to run the streamer in a VM, which is a pain. I would rather Kalemsoft support uPnP.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barrysanders20 View Post
    Well I'm a convert. I had tired the other media players and they sucked at playing my content. I had tried the app catalog version of Kalemsoft and it sucked too. I then tried the latest version of Kalemsoft from their site. Now everything is golden.
    I'm just curious (very early adopter of WebOS here), is it better to buy directly from their website?

As I can see, it looks like its cheaper if you purchase it from their website ($5.99) vs the one from App Catalog ($6.99). I also believe that they have a much more updated version.

If you purchase it from their website, will they send you an ipk? What if there is an update, how will you get it? Will the send you an updated ipk or it is automatic from software update (even though you didn't purchase from app catalog).

Is there a trial version as well?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by keplenk View Post
    Is there a trial version as well?

Thanks!
    There is a free version in the HP App Catalog. The demo is the un-activated version that can be found on the KalemSoft website. There is not one on the HP Catalog.

The Demo requires you to be connected to a WiFi network or you can't play videos.

As far as your other questions, I am looking for those answers myself. I'm ready to buy, just not sure which method I should use!

Give the trial version a shot, it worked great for me.

Edited to remove errors.
    Last edited by cschaaf; 09/07/2011 at 10:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilm View Post
    Is it weird that I still can't find 0.3.7 as an update on the App Catalog? How long does HP take to process updates?
    Based on what I've read here and on other forums, 0.3.7 will not show up in HP's
    app store until mid-October at the earliest.

I have many 1080p MP4s(700MB to 1.9GB) that can play smoothly in iPad 2...
    but I can't get them to play on the Touchpad, even with Kalemsoft 0.3.7.

Is this a hardware limitation of the Touchpads?
    Quote Originally Posted by cschaaf View Post
    There is a free version in the HP App Catalog. It requires you to be connected to a WiFi network or you can't play videos.

As far as your other questions, I am looking for those answers myself. I'm ready to buy, just not sure which method I should use!

Give the trial version a shot, it worked great for me.
    Get the newest version from their website. Install it with preware. If you want to see it in it's full (current) glory, you can then pay for it at their website, via Paypal.....and activate it on your Touchpad. When there is an update, you will need to get it from their website and install it via Preware.

I must stress this......the app is garbage before you activate it. It is sluggish and unresponsive, mostly because it seems to be constantly trying to communicate with Kalemsoft...everytime you press any buttons or make any selections.
    BUT, once my copy was purchased and activated.......I found it to be flawless and extremely fast.
    It is lacking many features, and configuration abilities, but it plays what I want and makes me look forward to updates.
    I am not streaming with it yet, so I have no feedback on that.

Hope this helps
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Is there way to load Srt subtitle files ?