Page 21 of 67 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast
Like Tree128Likes
    HI!

Main Problem with Kalem is, that the Player isnt able to Play Network Files ( samba etc. )
    Its not able to show the hidden Files in /media/internal/xxx Folders.........
    HP does a silly job by hiding this Folders by default?!!?
    But Apps like Internalz are able to show those Files, so Kalem should do the same as Touchplayer.
    Hope its not a big deal to make this happen!

Btw. why the heck its not possible to make file assosiations with for exaple kalem?
    So Internalz would play a selected Files with Kalem.
    Guess there still is a long way to make WebOS more usefull.
    And hey, i d like to do a little bit more with the TP as only surfing the Web or playing Games. So i guess WebOS will die if Android is ported.
    Cant understand why HP is so stupid to let Network Devices stand in the rain..........
    Quote Originally Posted by tanj92 View Post
    i see that v.37 added "Support for .rm, .rmvb, .divx file extensions"

i tried rmvb and it was okay, but when i fast forwarded it, it was kind of buggy. everything else whether its mkv or avi plays perfectly fine for me
    :|

Really?! I can't wait till the update in the App Catalogue! This is awesome!

Thank you for making this great app!
    This post is of my personal opinion and not that of my employer, its affiliates, or related partners.
    just got streaming working from my wd2tb drive hooked to my laptop upstairs. Awesome! Now I need an N router. I only wish the media files names showed completely - most are cut off with no way of identification for a series... Still awesome tho. Had to open the port on my router. Best way to get around the 4 gig limit is definitely this app + streamer.

-x
    Quote Originally Posted by KalemSoft View Post
    There is no DLNA support yet. You can stream over wifi network if you install our free media server to your PC though.
    But have you planned to support DLNA ?
    As you know a lot of people have now DLNA servers working on NAS without possibility to install your proper server on...
    Ubuntu (PC) / Debian (NsLu2 thx rwhitby) / HP TouchPad
    Check out this post - it can be done!

Quote Originally Posted by guano30 View Post
    HI!

Main Problem with Kalem is, that the Player isnt able to Play Network Files ( samba etc. )
    Its not able to show the hidden Files in /media/internal/xxx Folders.........
    HP does a silly job by hiding this Folders by default?!!?
    But Apps like Internalz are able to show those Files, so Kalem should do the same as Touchplayer.
    Hope its not a big deal to make this happen!

Btw. why the heck its not possible to make file assosiations with for exaple kalem?
    So Internalz would play a selected Files with Kalem.
    Guess there still is a long way to make WebOS more usefull.
    And hey, i d like to do a little bit more with the TP as only surfing the Web or playing Games. So i guess WebOS will die if Android is ported.
    Cant understand why HP is so stupid to let Network Devices stand in the rain..........
    I assume there is still no ETA on the App Cat update? I'm still on 0.3.4 and all my audio is all off-key and deeper :-(
    all apps in the review queue are taking a long time to get through right now. I've experienced this first hand with my app....

on the developer forums, people were speaking of waiting 2 to 3 weeks for apps to go in. I'm hoping this is a sign of a lot of apps coming soon!
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    So I bought this and already have an issue. I can't run the beta because I purchased it through the HP App Catalog. What can I do?
    Quote Originally Posted by SandraW View Post
    correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't versions of KalemSoft Media Player
    considered "beta"(even the most current 0.3.7)?

I also bought it via the HP Apps Catalog. It's just a matter of waiting
    for HP to load the latest version to the catalog.

Does anybody know when the developer submitted 0.3.7 to HP?
    You're correct. It is beta. I downloaded the beta off their website and paid 6.99 via hp catalog after finding out I couldn't activate it. Thought that was have done the trick. oh well .
    Sorry if I'm just not getting it, but I bought this app due to all the enthusiasm on the forums, but so far I don't get it: the UI seems terrible and, after syncing iTunes with with HP Play in my PC and then syncing with the TP, the stock music player on the TP has my folders and playlists etc., yes,....

But the KalemSoft player does not--all it has is each individual artist folder that's only accessible by scrolling down to the HPMusic folder etc.

And the player doesn't switch to portrait mode on my Touchstone....?

O.K., so I'm probably missing how to configure the player. Please advise if you have a minute. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre in MN View Post
    Sorry if I'm just not getting it, but I bought this app due to all the enthusiasm on the forums, but so far I don't get it: the UI seems terrible and, after syncing iTunes with with HP Play in my PC and then syncing with the TP, the stock music player on the TP has my folders and playlists etc., yes,....

But the KalemSoft player does not--all it has is each individual artist folder that's only accessible by scrolling down to the HPMusic folder etc.

And the player doesn't switch to portrait mode on my Touchstone....?

O.K., so I'm probably missing how to configure the player. Please advise if you have a minute. Thanks!
    I can tell you that they are working on accelerometer support (for portrait mode) and UI improvements with every release. With that said this app does a great job of handling the codecs that the TP doesn't support natively and the playback quality (for 720p videos, etc) is getting better with each new version of the app.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre in MN View Post
    Sorry if I'm just not getting it
    I think what you've missed is that this application is primarily for video capabilities (and music secondary), it has the best video playback of any application and has streaming from a network capabilities.
    Gotcha, guys, thanks. I figured I missed a few beats there somewhere. Not the first time....
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    whats so important that media streamer must connect to the internet in such a rude way ?

I really wonder what kind of wizardry they pulled in 3.7. Just to test, I set my cpu down to 192/192, and the 720p mkv I was using for testing still played perfectly smoothly. Did they work out a way to decode h264 on the gpu no matter the container?
  16. ilm
    Is it weird that I still can't find 0.3.7 as an update on the App Catalog? How long does HP take to process updates?
    Quote Originally Posted by ilm View Post
    Is it weird that I still can't find 0.3.7 as an update on the App Catalog? How long does HP take to process updates?
    I hear HP is taking forever to approve app submissions right now.
    hey guys in need of some help for my touchpad i have went through and did all the speed up stuff but i havent overclocked it, i downloaded kalemsoft last night from the kalemsoft website and put an avi of fast and furious on the touchpad but when it plays during the action scenes it stutters quite a lot is there anything i can do to stop this
    Quote Originally Posted by izmon26 View Post
    hey guys in need of some help for my touchpad i have went through and did all the speed up stuff but i havent overclocked it, i downloaded kalemsoft last night from the kalemsoft website and put an avi of fast and furious on the touchpad but when it plays during the action scenes it stutters quite a lot is there anything i can do to stop this
    Well, overclocking it would seem to be the first thing to try. It gives a *massive* speed boost going to 1.5ghz.
    thanks is there a up to date guide on here for over clocking tried looking but cant see it