Page 18 of 67 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 360 of 1335
Like Tree128Likes
  1. #341  
    KalemSoft Media Player uses FFmpeg libraries. Libraries from FFmpeg project (FFmpeg) included in
    this distribution:

    - libavcodec.so.52
    - libavformat.so.52
    - libavutil.so.50
    - libavcore.so.0
    With theses libraries you can play RTSP video streams. Is it possible to play these streams with Kalemsoft Media player ?
    Regards
  2. #342  
    Quote Originally Posted by guidol View Post
    ...and the player doesnt show the full filename in the selection...but there is so much room for the full-filenames... If you did have Files with the same name (part of a movie or series) there is the possibility that you couldnt identify the right part of your movie/series.
    This.

    I did post about this a few pages back but it seems to have got lost in the general hive of activity in the thread.
    For me, this is my main issue with the app at the moment - the fact that I can't see the episode numbers of my filenames so have to resort into guessing which file to open until I get the right one.

    UPnP and mounted SMB shares would also be nice - the Kalemsoft streamer works far better under Wine on my Mac than I expected, but crashes often when you seek in videos.
  3. #343  
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbila View Post
    what happened to the volume slider in 0.3.7? Is volume only controlled by the hardware buttons now? All I see is a mute option
    Yes, the volume is now controlled by the system. To be honest I like this upgrade, as raising the volume in KSMP before could cause distortion and now the volume is consistent across programs
  4. #344  
    Upgrade to 0.3.7 from 0.3.6 and performance has worsened for me along with Hulu going back to stuttering. Fustrating. Thanks for the update. Gonna purchase the app when I get to my desk.
  5. #345  
    Quote Originally Posted by neoGTR22 View Post
    Upgrade to 0.3.7 from 0.3.6 and performance has worsened for me along with Hulu going back to stuttering. Fustrating. Thanks for the update. Gonna purchase the app when I get to my desk.
    That shouldn't happen. Are you trying to run both the browser and media player at the same time? May be the device is running low in resources. Have you tried restarting it?

    Regards,

    KalemSoft
  6. #346  
    Quote Originally Posted by Loccy View Post
    This.

    I did post about this a few pages back but it seems to have got lost in the general hive of activity in the thread.
    For me, this is my main issue with the app at the moment - the fact that I can't see the episode numbers of my filenames so have to resort into guessing which file to open until I get the right one.
    We noted down the filename truncation issue. We will think of something. Any suggestions are also welcome.

    Regards,

    KalemSoft
  7. pibrahim's Avatar
    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    #347  
    Does the Kalemsoft Media Player still have the same sort of interface as shown here - KalemSoft - Media Player for WebOS

    If so, are there any plans to replace this with something more consistent with everything else on the Touchpad (i.e. a cleaner, simpler looking GUI)?
  8. #348  
    Quote Originally Posted by KalemSoft View Post
    We noted down the filename truncation issue. We will think of something. Any suggestions are also welcome.

    Regards,

    KalemSoft
    Uninstalled the old Kalemsoft. Deleted cache and cookies. Did a full restart. Opened Kalemsoft, started a movie and audio sync was off after less than a minute. Closed and tried hulu, video was choppy. I'll try again this time restarting after uninstalling. Thanks
  9. #349  
    I want to ask again if anyone here ever tested if Kalemsoft media player already can play 720 mkv movie with muxed subtitle? can it show the muxed subtitle?

    Thanks!
  10. #350  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bard View Post
    I want to ask again if anyone here ever tested if Kalemsoft media player already can play 720 mkv movie with muxed subtitle? can it show the muxed subtitle?

    Thanks!
    subtitles are not supported yet. Kalemsoft plans to include that functionality in the next update (as they said a little earlier in this thread)

    but I don't know if that means external AND muxed subs... I'm hoping both will be supported.
  11. alan sh's Avatar
    Posts
    766 Posts
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    #351  
    So, I downloaded the demo version of KS - liked what I saw and bought it. I then, I think, removed the demo version.

    How would I know if I have the purchased one left on and haven't removed the wrong one?

    Alan
  12. #352  
    Quote Originally Posted by neoGTR22 View Post
    Uninstalled the old Kalemsoft. Deleted cache and cookies. Did a full restart. Opened Kalemsoft, started a movie and audio sync was off after less than a minute. Closed and tried hulu, video was choppy. I'll try again this time restarting after uninstalling. Thanks
    The Hulu issue seems to be a separate issue. I followed the suggestion in another thread to allow the Hulu thumbnails at the bottom of the page to load before allowing the video to play and that did the trick.

    I purchased the app via your website then...

    Uninstalled Kalemsoft.
    Full restart
    Installed Kalemsoft via the website/Preware
    Activated it with my email
    Full restart
    Started Kalemsoft
    Same result. Audio is out of sync.

    For the record WebOS 3.0.2 with 1.5 overclock and a few other patches.

    EDIT

    I uninstalled and reinstalled 0.3.6 and the movie plays perfectly and in sync. The file is an xvid w/ AC3 file. Hope that helps. For now I'll stick with that version. Thanks
    Last edited by neoGTR22; 08/31/2011 at 12:40 PM.
    Neil
    Handspring Visor Deluxe > Treo 600 > Palm Pre > iPhone 4s & Touchpad 32gb
  13. alan sh's Avatar
    Posts
    766 Posts
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    #353  
    Update from me. The version I have left is 0.3.4 - is that the current paid version? I see people talking about 0.3.7 everywhere. Is that just the demo version?

    Alan
  14. #354  
    its a bit confusing, but i guess i can wait for @palm to approve the update.

    just wonder what would happen if i did install the ipk from the website?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  15. alan sh's Avatar
    Posts
    766 Posts
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    #355  
    So, 0.3.4 is the official paid for version?

    Alan
  16. #356  
    Is the demo version supposed to not let the user remove the buttons on the left hand side to actually watch a movie?
  17. #357  
    Quote Originally Posted by alan sh View Post
    Update from me. The version I have left is 0.3.4 - is that the current paid version? I see people talking about 0.3.7 everywhere. Is that just the demo version?

    Alan
    Quote Originally Posted by alan sh View Post
    So, 0.3.4 is the official paid for version?

    Alan
    Go to Kalemsoft.com and pay for it there. Then download the app and activate it with you paypal address within the application itself. If you purchase it through the HP app catalog then you're stuck with 0.3.4 until HP approves his updates. It's a slower process.
    Neil
    Handspring Visor Deluxe > Treo 600 > Palm Pre > iPhone 4s & Touchpad 32gb
  18. MincerRay's Avatar
    Posts
    79 Posts
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    #358  
    Quote Originally Posted by neoGTR22 View Post
    Go to Kalemsoft.com and pay for it there. Then download the app and activate it with you paypal address within the application itself. If you purchase it through the HP app catalog then you're stuck with 0.3.4 until HP approves his updates. It's a slower process.
    The downside to buying it directly from Kalemsoft's website is that it is locked to only one TP. You can't run it on multiple TP's you might have. If you buy it via the app store catalog, then you can run it on all TP's registered to your account.
  19. #359  
    Will the menu bar on the left hand side disappear when I pay for this app? I don't want to pay it there is something wrong, and cannot see half of the screen.

    Thanks.
  20. MincerRay's Avatar
    Posts
    79 Posts
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    #360  
    Quote Originally Posted by cory1234 View Post
    Will the menu bar on the left hand side disappear when I pay for this app? I don't want to pay it there is something wrong, and cannot see half of the screen.

    Thanks.
    It goes away when you click the full screen box in the lower right corner.

Posting Permissions