Page 17 of 67 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
Like Tree128Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    will the 0.3.7 update make it to the app cat?
    I updated via downloading with browser and installing the .ipk via preware.

Isnt there a update-function in the App-Cat like on preware? Or is is possible to update in the media-player in future versions? Some other may think they had to re-buy it from the App-Cat? How about a entry in the support-faq about that?
    Quote Originally Posted by guidol View Post
    Yes, its still absent with my case the picture is upside down...but the player is now faster and has some better buttons/icons....but the buttons for fill and fullscreen are hard to point/press and the player doesnt show the full filename in the selection...but there is so much room for the full-filenames... If you did have Files with the same name (part of a movie or series) there is the possibility that you couldnt identify the right part of your movie/series.
    Aah this is a shame. Granted I've already purchased the program and I'm really excited to see the improvements for 720p video, but this would be the icing on the cake. I agree that the filenames are hard to read in some cases. Luckily I have them all stored in SxxExx format so I can just go from that, but I understand the need to be able to see the full filename .
    I'll try again later today, but when I tried the 0.3.7 version the remote media and local streaming would not work. Made sure the user/pass were correct and it keeps saying it can't login. Not sure if this is a bug or because it's lacking functionality due to it being the demo/beta version. When I went back to the older version the remote media worked again. Just a FYI.
    Wait, is this program just for streaming from your PC, OR does it play local files? I've been seeing it's just for streaming, and I'm a bit confused atm :\ Could someone who uses it please clarify for me? Also, this beta: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service is free, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by inimitablesikh View Post
    Wait, is this program just for streaming from your PC, OR does it play local files? I've been seeing it's just for streaming, and I'm a bit confused atm :\ Could someone who uses it please clarify for me?
    It does both.
    Hi all,

This is my 2nd post. It seems us good folk down in Australia, and in New Zealand, do not have access to this app in the app catalogue. My question, who decides on where this app is sold? Is it HP or the developer?

If it is the developer, can you please unlock it for our region.

I would dearly love to buy it via the app catalogue as I am unable to install it by the pre-ware process as i do not have access to a windose box to install it, and my work supplied ubuntu machine does not allow me to install it.

It seems i am locked out in being able to buy this app and to enjoy its much needed functionality.

Thanks

g
    Quote Originally Posted by SandraW View Post
    I just installed 0.3.7 demo.

Most 720p MKV work great!

Some questions:

(1)
    Unfortunately 720p MP4s videos(TV and movie) that I originally got from iTunes
    still look laggy. These videos play fine on my PC, Samsung Galaxy tablet and smartphone(both with built-in video player)....

(2)
    If the video file name contains non-English characters, the entire file name is dispalyed
    as random symbols and characters. (but if I use the Touchpad's default video player,
    the file name for non-English characters show up correctly)

(3)
    is it possible to jump to a particular part of the video just by tapping on the bar, without
    having to drag the ball-shaped object? (like in Windows Media Player or VLC Player on PCs,
    if you click on the bar, it just jumps to it)

(4)
    There are many small videos that I don't mind watching in the vertical mode... is there
    a way to rotate it from horizontal to vertical?

(5)
    The back of the Touchpad gets really warm, even when playing a small 320x240 AVI video
    for 10 minutes... is there a way to monitor the temp of the CPU/GPU?

(6)
    How long does the demo last? When it expires, how to I buy it?

Thanks!
    So does the touchpad get hot like this guy says during video playback???
    With the 0.3.6, FLV 720p was laggy, video was ok but audio was way out of sync!
    With 0.3.7 at 1.2 Ghz, video are still ok audio is less out of sync but still.
    At 1.7 Ghz video are ok and audio are almost sync just a slight delay like 20-50ms, still noticeable but now video are watchable! Great release, keep optimising the video.
    I'm glad that I bought the product, with srt capability and it'll be perfect for my use.

Thanks Kalemsoft!
    Quote Originally Posted by inimitablesikh View Post
    Wait, is this program just for streaming from your PC, OR does it play local files? I've been seeing it's just for streaming, and I'm a bit confused atm :\ Could someone who uses it please clarify for me?
    Please download the updates from our website:

KalemSoft - Products

All demo/beta versions are posted there. Yes, the app can play local files.

Also, you are probably not aware that you are providing a link to a file that is being distributed without our consent. Please remove the link you provided. Just to note, the file on that link is the previous beta version we pulled off due to its bugs. We have replaced it with 0.3.7 official release.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Last edited by KalemSoft; 08/30/2011 at 06:18 PM.
    To answer a few of the questions posted:

1. The 0.3.7 update has been submitted to the app catalog. It is waiting for being reviewed currently.
    2. The app catalog update will be available in Australia and New Zealand regions.
    3. The demo version at our website lasts for 1-week. It is up to you to buy it from our website or from the app catalog. If you know how to install apps outside the catalog (there is a guide for it at our website here), you may want to buy it from us because you will get the updates quicker.
    4. Subtitles/multi-language/unicode support are being worked on for the next update.

Also, we would like to let everyone know that all feature requests are being noted down and are being prioritized. If this application is getting improved, it is because of your support. We really appreciate it.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    xaev01 likes this.
    Hi!

I'm really confused... I want to buy your app. Should I buy it directly
    from HP Apps catalog and then download the update from your website?

Also, if I buy it from the HP Apps Catalog, will I get all future updates
    for free?

Thanks

If you buy it from the app catalog, you should download it and future updates from the app catalog. If you buy it from our website, you should get the application and the updates from our website instead. The updates will be free either way.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Just wanted to say that I used the beta you had available earlier and thought that the app was brilliant. As soon as there's support for embedded subtitles/multi-languages I'll definitely be buying this app as I'll be using it to watch anime.
    Seconded. I have 4 touchpads in my family and we will all buy it when there is subtitle support! Looks great so far.
  14. NSA
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I just installed 0.3.7 demo.

Most 720p MKV work great!

Some questions:

(5)
    The back of the Touchpad gets really warm, even when playing a small 320x240 AVI video
    for 10 minutes... is there a way to monitor the temp of the CPU/GPU?
    Look for a program in Preware called "Govnah" it has a Battery temperature meter in the app which should give you a good idea how "hot" it's running.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky88shp View Post
    So does the touchpad get hot like this guy says during video playback???
    Yeah, it gets warm for sure. Not terrible, but warm. After watching a 20 minute 720p video my TP's running at 35c. It's in a HP case though, so that'll re-tard some of the heat dissipation.

Quote Originally Posted by KalemSoft View Post
    Also, we would like to let everyone know that all feature requests are being noted down and are being prioritized. If this application is getting improved, it is because of your support. We really appreciate it.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Thanks for keeping the updates coming, I imagine it's been one hectic ride with hundreds of thousands of new TP owners in the course of a week! I want to use the TP for comics and movies, and between your app and ComicShelf HD I'm stoked! Thanks again!

[edit: 're tard' is apparently a blocked word.. sigh]
    I know people are mentioning they want to watch anime. I'm sure you are going to have .srt support for subtitles, but most anime releases use .a ss now from groups. Are there any plans to support .a ss files?

Had to put in a space due to the filter

Thanks!
    Last edited by Tiberius; 08/30/2011 at 09:26 PM.
    Yes, embedded Advanced Substation Alpha support would be preferred, even if you need to strip formatting.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    what happened to the volume slider in 0.3.7? Is volume only controlled by the hardware buttons now? All I see is a mute option
  18. NSA
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiberius View Post
    I know people are mentioning they want to watch anime. I'm sure you are going to have .srt support for subtitles, but most anime releases use .a ss now from groups. Are there any plans to support .a ss files?

Had to put in a space due to the filter

Thanks!
    Haha a s s files. That's hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by gerbila View Post
    what happened to the volume slider in 0.3.7? Is volume only controlled by the hardware buttons now? All I see is a mute option
    Yes, it's hardware only at the moment, there were some issues with the volume in a previous beta so they removed it for now from what I remember.
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    I've installed the beta version and the media streamer. I'm trying to stream .ts and .tp fusion HDTV capture files but they buffer for extremely long then crash kalemsoft. Are these files supported at this time? Playon could stream them although there was also severe buffering.
    Pre 3
    HP touchpad
    Uberkernel running @ 1.5 Ghz
    It was better than just asking if it would have a ss support.