Page 13 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617182363 ... LastLast
Like Tree128Likes
    The crashing on exit went away after restarting my touchpad...so that issue is gone. I'm going to attempt this weekend to get my Elgato tuner (EyeTV) to play with the live tv functionality. Not holding out hope...more or less curious to see if it can be done.
    Quote Originally Posted by vladoski View Post
    Just cant get good enough playback on H264 playbacks. The latest beta doesnt seem to help much in audio/video sync issues so far. Anyone having good luck with solid playback experience across most formats?
    I'm not able to play 720p h264 mkv neither, very laggy. (I have 1.5 GHz cpu and most of performance tweaks)
    Hello, I've got plenty of FLV files but the player doesn't seem to recognize them since when you open a folder with different media files inside, the FLV ones are not listed...

Am I the only one to have this problem ?

Thanks
    Ok, having purchased I have one small request - can you make the navigation area on the left hand side wider so that filenames aren't truncated? If you have a folder full of TV shows with filenames like

Exploding.Things.In.Space.s04e12

you can't actually see the episode numbers and have to take pot luck until you find the right Ep.

On an unrelated question - does the server software transcode, or send the stream as is?
    Loccy, it looks to me as it is straight streaming
    Threw a couple files at it last night after I installed the beta. Works well. Played the mkv and avi files I had without any problems with audio and video that I could tell in the short time I tried it. I'll be buying this app once it's updated post-beta
    Neil
    Handspring Visor Deluxe > Treo 600 > Palm Pre > iPhone 4s & Touchpad 32gb
    Hm. So the 3.6 beta was working, but playback was just a bit slow. I realized I'd never completed the upgrade to WebOS 3.0.2, so I did that, installed the F15C kernel, and overclocked to 1.7ghz to see if playback would be any better, and now 3.6b freezes upon loading the 720p h264 mkv I was using for testing.

Edit: 3.3 doesn't crash, but plays ludicrously slowly.
    File info:
    Video: MPEG4 Video (H264 High) 1280x720 23.98fps. yuv420p
    Audio: AAC 48000Hz stereo
    Subtitle: Advanced SubStation Alpha
    Edit2:
    Xvid/Mp3 avi will play fine with 3.6 and 3.5.
    Every h264 mkv I've tried has frozen on open. Tested removing subtitle files and attached fonts with same results. Possibly just doesn't get along with this specific kernel?
    Edit3:
    Switched back to UberKernel, no improvement
    Edit4:
    Ran WebOS doctor, only installed Preware, used that to install Kalemsoft player, tried to play an mkv, froze.
    Edit5:
    Running the exact same file through Media Streamer works perfectly.
    Last edited by xaev01; 08/27/2011 at 02:40 AM.
    Is there anyway to play all videos in a folder in loop on full screen?? The problem I have right now is that when I have a video playing on full screen it jumps back to the player at the beginning of the next video?
    Last edited by boss13; 08/26/2011 at 06:12 PM. Reason: added thoughts
    Is there a toggle to have the aspect ratio locked by default? If not, I feel this would be a very useful setting.
    I'm getting some weird audio distortion playing mkv files video is fine and smooth and in sync but horrible distortion on audio any suggestions?

Using latest beta .36

Also anyway to add .m2ts .mts .m2t support?
    Quote Originally Posted by neoGTR22 View Post
    Threw a couple files at it last night after I installed the beta. Works well. Played the mkv and avi files I had without any problems with audio and video that I could tell in the short time I tried it. I'll be buying this app once it's updated post-beta
    ...annnnd after watching the mkv file for a longer period of time I noticed the audio sync issue. All the other file types seem to be alright.
    Neil
    Handspring Visor Deluxe > Treo 600 > Palm Pre > iPhone 4s & Touchpad 32gb
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyBlanco06 View Post
    I'm getting some weird audio distortion playing mkv files video is fine and smooth and in sync but horrible distortion on audio any suggestions?

Using latest beta .36

Also anyway to add .m2ts .mts .m2t support?
    Im having audio issues with my .avi movies. There is quite a bit of crackling in the audio of the movies and i tried like five of them. it comes and goes. I thought maybe i had the player volume to loud but still does it at 255 and 50% volume. for $7 it was a good buy as now i dont have to convert all my videos but only 3.5 stars right now cause that audio crackle is quite annoying.

Note: my audio is not lagging, just the crackling
  13. NSA
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neoGTR22 View Post
    ...annnnd after watching the mkv file for a longer period of time I noticed the audio sync issue. All the other file types seem to be alright.
    How long into the file were you when the issue started?
    Hi,
    I installed the latest beta version v3.6. Is there a way to see my samba shares on my NAS without running any media streamer? My NAS runs on FreeNAS and it supplies my media as a samba share. I previously read that you need to add the shares to media streamer and then you can see the shares on the player. I do not want to do this as this means I'll need to have a PC running to see this.
    and have not received any confirmation email? What do I do now? Is there some code that I must enter in order to download the full version? Is this a scam?

Please HELP!!
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA2K View Post
    and have not received any confirmation email? What do I do now? Is there some code that I must enter in order to download the full version? Is this a scam?

Please HELP!!
    Your Email is the code.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KalemSoft View Post
    Preware version is pretty old and is for Pre. Please update to the latest version for TouchPad from our website:

KalemSoft - Products

or better yet you are welcome to try the latest beta freshly baked:

http://www.kalemsoft.com/betas/com.k..._0.3.6_all.ipk
    Do I need to remove the older version before installing this one?
  18. NSA
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by papla View Post
    Do I need to remove the older version before installing this one?
    I did, I'm not sure if it'd overwrite or install separately.. but I'd be curious to find out what it was intended to do
    Quote Originally Posted by 2TouchDroid? View Post
    If that was directed at me, 745MB

Was kind of "directed" at anyone who's talking about playing MKV's

Was wondering b/c all my 720P mkv's are over 4 gigs in size and can't be copied to the TP unfortunately.
    If I purchase this via the website can I install it on both my TouchPads?