Page 12 of 67 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516172262 ... LastLast
Like Tree128Likes
    I posted in the kalemsoft forums as well but figured with more viewers over here some random viewer might know the answer.

First let me say that this is an awesome piece of software that was incredibly easy to setup and hopefully will work amazing once I make some hardware changes. Heres what i have as a media server Gateway Support - Specifications . Quick specs dual-core 1.8, 2 gb ram, integrated graphics, Win7 32bit. What I've noticed when streaming a 720p to touchpad is that both cpu cores are more or less maxed and cant keep my buffer full for playback-stops and starts throughout playback. Streaming standard def is smooth as butter. I would prefer to not reencode all my videos for lower resolution-love me some hd. Now for my question-

To make the 720p (or maybe higher) stream efficiently what changes do i have to make?(Willing to make hardware changes.)

-Is video transcoding handled strictly by CPU? Or will popping in a dedicated video card allow it to be offloaded to GPU?
    -Do I go the "add more RAM route"? Even though though task manager while streaming my available RAM doesn't go below 700mb.
    -Do I buy a new pc with a better CPU? Least desireable option.

Thanks in advance
    Bob
    Vissionary, I've not had this happen to me. Try other headphones, a reboot or reinstall! Also be sure that the headphone jack isn't being obstructed (perhaps by a cover)...
    Quote Originally Posted by bobshaw View Post
    I posted in the kalemsoft forums as well but figured with more viewers over here some random viewer might know the answer.

First let me say that this is an awesome piece of software that was incredibly easy to setup and hopefully will work amazing once I make some hardware changes. Heres what i have as a media server Gateway Support - Specifications . Quick specs dual-core 1.8, 2 gb ram, integrated graphics, Win7 32bit. What I've noticed when streaming a 720p to touchpad is that both cpu cores are more or less maxed and cant keep my buffer full for playback-stops and starts throughout playback. Streaming standard def is smooth as butter. I would prefer to not reencode all my videos for lower resolution-love me some hd. Now for my question-

To make the 720p (or maybe higher) stream efficiently what changes do i have to make?(Willing to make hardware changes.)

-Is video transcoding handled strictly by CPU? Or will popping in a dedicated video card allow it to be offloaded to GPU?
    -Do I go the "add more RAM route"? Even though though task manager while streaming my available RAM doesn't go below 700mb.

Thanks in advance
    Bob
    It really depends on if you are being bottle-necked by the CPU or by your internet connection. If your ISP upload speed is low then you won't be able to stream HD content. Same goes for where ever you are downloading from. If the download speed is low enough you wont be able to stream HD either.

As far as hardware goes that sounds like enough but I'm not entirely certain and the developers of kalemsoft media player will have to answer that.

-Toaster
    Sorry forgot to mention local network streaming dual band n. Bandwidth isnt the issue-have tested with a file that the touchpad can play natively and it runs smoothly. As for hardware what other specs can I provide that will help?
    Quote Originally Posted by bobshaw View Post

Thanks in advance
    Bob
    Have you tried the 1.0.5b streamer?

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Still having the audio sync problem on 720 MKV using stable version and Beta 0.3.6. AVI files work flawlessly.

I'm running Webos 3.02.68

I use all of the tweaks on the "My HP Touchpad seems to be running so fast!" post.

I use Guvnah and the Uberkernel to overclock to 1.5Ghz, tried using the Webos default setting, and that didn't help.

Any ideas on what else I might try?

BTW the files play fine in VLC on Windows 7, so it's not the files.
    Don't know if this helps other Mac (or linux) people, but I was able to get the KalemSoft Media Streamer to work on my MacBook Pro (OS X 10.7) this evening. I used WineBottler to create an application from the exe file. Works fine, so far the only issue has been on the TouchPad (When switching files it will crash). Other than that its been perfect. I would assume the same method would work on linux as well. Hopefully this can tide people over until a linux and mac application are created/finished (as mentioned earlier).
  8. NSA
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2TouchDroid? View Post
    Still having the audio sync problem on 720 MKV using stable version and Beta 0.3.6. AVI files work flawlessly.

I'm running Webos 3.02.68

I use all of the tweaks on the "My HP Touchpad seems to be running so fast!" post.

I use Guvnah and the Uberkernel to overclock to 1.5Ghz, tried using the Webos default setting, and that didn't help.

Any ideas on what else I might try?

BTW the files play fine in VLC on Windows 7, so it's not the files.
    Not sure if this is the same issue..

But randomly, when playing 720p .mkv files, upon starting the video there is a couple seconds of green/black imagery on screen then the video starts.. this seems to put the audio out of sync right away. If I use the progress bar thing to go back to the beginning of the video it plays perfect from then on.

Haven't been able to reproduce it effectively, but it happens maybe 1 out of 10 times?
    I've noticed the "green screen" too, but no luck with the slider or pausing/restarting.

Also I should have mentioned earlier. It seems as though audio is playing back faster than video, meaning it's synced at first, then the audio gets further and further ahead until it's unbearable after about 5 minutes.
  10. NSA
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2TouchDroid? View Post
    I've noticed the "green screen" too, but no luck with the slider or pausing/restarting.

Also I should have mentioned earlier. It seems as though audio is playing back faster than video, meaning it's synced at first, then the audio gets further and further ahead until it's unbearable after about 5 minutes.
    Hmmm. I've been watching 14 minute Adventure Time(!) videos so maybe I haven't given it enough time.. how long into it are you noticing it?
    Just cant get good enough playback on H264 playbacks. The latest beta doesnt seem to help much in audio/video sync issues so far. Anyone having good luck with solid playback experience across most formats?
  12. NSA
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SandraW View Post
    Can Kalemsoft Media Player play *.m2ts files?(1920x1080 24mbps video from a Canon HD camcorder)

The video played fine in my friend's Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet... is the Touchpad's CPU capable of playing it back using Kalemsoft Media Player app?

Thanks!
    I just tracked down an "m2ts" file.. never HEARD of that before. Got some random Japanese music video.. 400mb though! It's 1440x1080 though.

KalemSoft does not seem to recognize the file format though, as it doesn't show up in the directory. I am going to do a full reboot to see if it shows up..

.. and I'm back!

Nope still doesn't recognize it as a playable file. Sorry!
  13. NSA
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vladoski View Post
    Just cant get good enough playback on H264 playbacks. The latest beta doesnt seem to help much in audio/video sync issues so far. Anyone having good luck with solid playback experience across most formats?
    The 0.3.6 beta seems to have fixed most of my woe's with .mkv files. Before some .mp4 files that played fine in the stock player would have terrible audio lag, and that is fixed as well (Two small, 100mb files though).
    Great app man, keep on rolling! Will look into the streaming options! congratulations. I love it!
    what size mkv's are you all playing locally off the touchpad ?
    Quote Originally Posted by KalemSoft View Post
    Yes, could you please try the non-beta (0.3.3) and let us know how it works?

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Actually, I've just tried running from a remote server, and it's a LOT smoother. It was only the suggestion that I run the server on my Mac media server via Wine that made me even attempt it. Genuinely wasn't expecting it to work (which is why I hadn't tried it myself previously) but it works a treat. Expect a purchase from me imminently. Nice stuff.

I would say, though, that you've got some competition coming in the shape of Touchplayer - the combination of a CIFS capable kernel plus Touchplayer would fulfil my use case, but Touchplayer just isn't smooth enough for me - yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by demosthenes9 View Post
    what size mkv's are you all playing locally off the touchpad ?
    If that was directed at me, 745MB
    Quote Originally Posted by NSA View Post
    Hmmm. I've been watching 14 minute Adventure Time(!) videos so maybe I haven't given it enough time.. how long into it are you noticing it?
    Within the first few minutes. By 14, I imagine it would be a whole minute out of sync.
    Tried the 1.05b streamer and everything works. Awesome will be buying two of your apps. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by blurr83 View Post
    Don't know if this helps other Mac (or linux) people, but I was able to get the KalemSoft Media Streamer to work on my MacBook Pro (OS X 10.7) this evening. I used WineBottler to create an application from the exe file. Works fine, so far the only issue has been on the TouchPad (When switching files it will crash). Other than that its been perfect. I would assume the same method would work on linux as well. Hopefully this can tide people over until a linux and mac application are created/finished (as mentioned earlier).
    Nice one. Didn't even think of trying Wine - just assumed it wouldn't work. For me it's working perfectly - no crashing on exit that you describe. The remote streaming has also fixed my "jerkiness" issue. Very pleased and will be buying the app - Kalemsoft, you should give blurr83 commission! :-)