Page 11 of 67 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162161 ... LastLast
Like Tree128Likes
  1. NSA
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Matt..

I've had good experiences with the built in player, but only with certain file types.

The current beta (0.3.6 I believe) of KalemSoft plays everything I can throw at it well (720p .mkv's especially). The version in the app store at the moment is 0.3.3 I think (not 100%) and it had some audio playback issues.

I am pretty sure if you purchase an app you can update/download it again free of charge.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattV View Post
    I've noticed that the default player is sort of laggy when playing my movies. I converted ripped files from DVD Shrink to MP4 (M4V) in Handbrake according to specs in another thread but still isn't playing that smooth. Will this player solve laggy video playback? If so I might have to fork over the cash on this one.

Also, can anyone confirm if you purchase an app that you can re-download it later?
    there's a demo to this app to see if it fits your needs and yes if you download apps you can always download them again for free
    Just out of curiosity, how long does the demo last?
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    just buy it... I did, I love it. Can't wait for update for it to be even better.
    Quote Originally Posted by xadion View Post
    just buy it... I did, I love it. Can't wait for update for it to be even better.
    Thanks for the help.
    For the streaming options with remote server, will KalemSoft release one for OSX/Mac and not just PC?
    Will I be able to watch a local avi file on my device without having to have an internet connection with the paid app?
    yes you will
    Quote Originally Posted by Loccy View Post
    I've just tried the latest beta - am new to the app. Trying a fairly low-rent XVID (624x352px) and while it plays, it's not smooth. I wouldn't go as far as saying that it's jerky, but it's definitely nowhere near as fluid as videos playing natively and looks as if it's in the realm of 16 fps rather than the full 24/25. It's watchable, but enough to bug me. Are there any tweaks I can make? Should I try the non-beta?
    Yes, could you please try the non-beta (0.3.3) and let us know how it works?

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Quote Originally Posted by kettlecorn View Post
    For the streaming options with remote server, will KalemSoft release one for OSX/Mac and not just PC?
    The support for other systems is in the list. Linux version is being worked on currently. Mac version will follow that.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Quote Originally Posted by LeftEyeBlindPR View Post
    Anyway to set the default folder videos?
    It is not the same thing, but you can mark your videos as favorites and reach them by clicking the Favorites button. To do that, click an item in the list and hold your finger for a second or so and then release it. A window will popup from which you can select "Add to Favorites".

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Quote Originally Posted by MattV View Post
    I've noticed that the default player is sort of laggy when playing my movies. I converted ripped files from DVD Shrink to MP4 (M4V) in Handbrake according to specs in another thread but still isn't playing that smooth. Will this player solve laggy video playback? If so I might have to fork over the cash on this one.

Also, can anyone confirm if you purchase an app that you can re-download it later?
    Have you tried the latest beta (0.3.6)?

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesking View Post
    I downloaded and installed the 0.3.6 beta from the links you've been giving. It seems to work pretty well, with just a small audio/video sync problem, that I assume you'll be fixing as your support on this forum seems to be second to none!

Can you confirm that this is time limited to one week?

If so, I'd like to buy the full version! Should I do this through the Palm App Catalog, or on your website? It's a different price via the two options?
    Yes, the trial version lasts for one-week.
    If you buy it from us, you will need to install it yourself. We provide instructions in a confirmation email, but the process may be hard for some users. If you have installed applications outside the catalog before though, you should consider buying it from us because we can release versions at our website without having to go through HP's review process, which may take time sometimes. You can get access to beta releases too.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Quote Originally Posted by KalemSoft View Post
    Please check out the latest beta posted in this forum.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Hi,

I am indeed on the latest beta. 720p MKV is fine, but 1080p is a no go, 10-15fps at best. Thus I assumed it was still just software decode.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KalemSoft View Post
    Not sure what you mean by opening files, but trying to play them from a samba share would certainly involve streaming from the host where they reside to your TouchPad. We gave this a quick try and it works fine.

Have you added the mapped samba drive to shared folders in KalemSoft Media Streamer? To do that, you need to choose "Selete Media Folders..." option from Settings menu and add your samba drive there. Then, the player application should see the folder.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    I want to access the files on my NAS (which most likely won't run the stream server) straight from the filebrowser inside the Media Player webOS app. there the mapped network drives are empty, while mounting was succesful, as Internalz Pro does list the files.
    I apologise for my ignorance, I've not read through this 11-page thread. I'd just like to add my comments on this app.

As I'm sure has been noted, there is an issue with Audio playback. A simple fix is to turn the Kalemsoft audio toggle down (say half way), wind up the volume on the touchpad to max, then adjust the app volume to your comfort. If you have the app volume cranked up you'll get distortion, even if the TP volume is turned down.

My second issue is with regards to playback of some HD videos, probably those of higher quality. I've noticed a drop in frame rate and very bad audio sync and audio drop out. Oddly, if I play the same MP4 videos in the original player it runs without a hitch.

My favourite advantage to Kalemsoft is its ability to play other formats and also its snappy nature when scanning through video files (whereas the original player is a bit clunky).

I hope an update will sort out these few issues, either way I'm still happy with the app.
    I just tried the demo version from their site, I tried to open an mp4 I made from a 1080p MKV. It opened the file then crashed to the desktop. Is there something wrong with the player?
    just purchased from your website, just wondering where i can download the beta from? The link in the instructions just takes you to the main download page (with 0.3.3 on it). I hope that this app works, if i remember right whilst converting .avi for my iphone the file size jumps up nearly 2x, therefore for the price of a pint of Guiness this seems like a great app!

Edit: do'h http://www.kalemsoft.com/betas/
    Last edited by timmynana; 08/25/2011 at 10:04 AM. Reason: answer found
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    okay, i got the demo version and was SO thrilled to find that it played my existing video files in .mpg format :-) thank you!! buying the full app right now!
    Anyone else have an issue with audio playback while headphones are plugged in? Audio plays through the headphones AND the speakers on the TP? Annoying...