Page 10 of 67 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152060 ... LastLast
Like Tree128Likes
    I am LOVING this app!

Question: I paid for and installed it on my new touchpad and love it so much I want to put it on my Pre as well. In the app catalog on the Pre it still shows that I need to pay the $6.99, is this correct or is there a way to refresh the profile to see that I already own it?

I apologize if this is covered elsewhere, I couldn't find it.
    Hi Guys,

I've just picked up my TP and started loading it with goodies. I had read about the KS Media Player and went to buy it but got the error message that it was not available for my country! Will it be made available soon?
    javierlp likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezza View Post
    Hi Guys,

I've just picked up my TP and started loading it with goodies. I had read about the KS Media Player and went to buy it but got the error message that it was not available for my country! Will it be made available soon?
    You can buy it from here
    KalemSoft - Store
    It is the official site and then you'll be able to install from here
    KalemSoft - Products
    Quote Originally Posted by blkonblk17 View Post
    I'm on a mac and couldn't find the tools menu in the VLC application. I played the movie and found this information by selecting the playlist tab in the application player box, right click the video file being played and selecting media information from the pop up box and then selecting the codec details tab.. This is what it revealed

I also have issues with playback...dropping frames and then the video can't catch up to the audio. VLC on the mac also says the video codec is H264 - MPEG-4 AVC (Part 10) (H264).

Resolution is 848x480 and framerate is 23.97

Also had this lagging issue with VLC on my iphone4 with this file. Regular desktop VLC had no problems with it though.

I tried with versions 0.3.3, 0.3.5, and 0.3.6 with no discernable change.

ac
  5. NSA
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Couple of questions:

Is there any way to add support for the Bluetooth keyboard?

I'd love to be able to PAUSE via space bar or skip ahead with the arrow keys etc.

As of right now none of the regular keys seem to do anything.

It would be a perfect match with the Touchstone to watch while relaxing.

Thanks!
    aeharding likes this.
    is there a way to just play the files sequentially? the only options I saw were to shuffle and to repeat. I really hope there is a way to just watch them in the order of the files in the folder (as i watch tv series episodes...).
    if this is already possible, i will definitely buy the app (used the demo)...
    thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by NSA View Post
    Couple of questions:

Is there any way to add support for the Bluetooth keyboard?

I'd love to be able to PAUSE via space bar or skip ahead with the arrow keys etc.

As of right now none of the regular keys seem to do anything.

It would be a perfect match with the Touchstone to watch while relaxing.

Thanks!
    I TOTALLY agree. +1. Subtitles first, though.

Quote Originally Posted by viper151 View Post
    You can buy it from here
    KalemSoft - Store
    It is the official site and then you'll be able to install from here
    KalemSoft - Products
    It'd be great if this was in app description (if not already... didn't look).

And thanks for being so actively supporting this app!
    Any plans to attempt hardware acceleration? The Adreno 220 is capable of high profile 1080p decode, as shown by the HTC Sensation so it should be possible for us eventually?
  9. NSA
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I'd love to get around the 2GB file limitation (Why is that there, FAT32 should handle close to 4GB files?).
    Quote Originally Posted by voltes5 View Post
    is there a way to just play the files sequentially? the only options I saw were to shuffle and to repeat. I really hope there is a way to just watch them in the order of the files in the folder (as i watch tv series episodes...).
    if this is already possible, i will definitely buy the app (used the demo)...
    thanks!
    The latest beta version lets you do it. You need to press the shuffle button twice. Please search this forum for a link.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Quote Originally Posted by NSA View Post
    I'd love to get around the 2GB file limitation (Why is that there, FAT32 should handle close to 4GB files?).
    This should work in the latest version. What version are you running now?

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris1712 View Post
    Any plans to attempt hardware acceleration? The Adreno 220 is capable of high profile 1080p decode, as shown by the HTC Sensation so it should be possible for us eventually?
    Please check out the latest beta posted in this forum.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Quote Originally Posted by BShack View Post
    When I download the demo I get a message that says "Cannot open MIME type"

Could someone please help me out here?
    go into preware and type in the URL of the file, that's how i did it.
    Quote Originally Posted by KalemSoft View Post
    Doesn't aspect ratio button help?
    Odd - I've just tried 0.3.4 on someone else's TouchPad, and it works fine. It seems the aspect ratio button is a recent regression?
    I've just tried the latest beta - am new to the app. Trying a fairly low-rent XVID (624x352px) and while it plays, it's not smooth. I wouldn't go as far as saying that it's jerky, but it's definitely nowhere near as fluid as videos playing natively and looks as if it's in the realm of 16 fps rather than the full 24/25. It's watchable, but enough to bug me. Are there any tweaks I can make? Should I try the non-beta?
  16. NSA
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KalemSoft View Post
    This should work in the latest version. What version are you running now?

Regards,

KalemSoft
    I believe I am running the 0.3.6 beta. It doesn't seem to be a limitation with KalemSoft, Windows won't let me copy the file from my PC to the TP. Gives an error. I'll have to look again when I get home tonight.

Do you know when 0.3.6 or later will be on the app store? I purchased from there, but can't use 0.3.6 when offline :\
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    Anyway to set the default folder videos?
    I downloaded and installed the 0.3.6 beta from the links you've been giving. It seems to work pretty well, with just a small audio/video sync problem, that I assume you'll be fixing as your support on this forum seems to be second to none!

Can you confirm that this is time limited to one week?

If so, I'd like to buy the full version! Should I do this through the Palm App Catalog, or on your website? It's a different price via the two options?
  19. JoQ
    Any way to use my Mac as a server? The Kalemsoft media server is Windows only? Is there any application for mac that does the same thing? Really would appriciate the help!
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I've noticed that the default player is sort of laggy when playing my movies. I converted ripped files from DVD Shrink to MP4 (M4V) in Handbrake according to specs in another thread but still isn't playing that smooth. Will this player solve laggy video playback? If so I might have to fork over the cash on this one.

Also, can anyone confirm if you purchase an app that you can re-download it later?