Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    The photo app syncs up nicely with my photobucket and facebook accounts. I was hoping it would do the same with my box.net account. Is there a way for me to view my box.net pics in the photo app?
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    open the box.net app, select the photo/file you want and save it. My photos have been transfered to the photo app although the word and pdf files that I did would not show up in their respective apps, I had to use a file manager app to find and view them. I use Gemini.
    But that means you're saving the file onto the TouchPad and rather invalidates the purpose of having the files in the "cloud".
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by burrellp View Post
    But that means you're saving the file onto the TouchPad and rather invalidates the purpose of having the files in the "cloud".
    Yes, that was my reasoning as well. Box.net gives us loads of space to place our files, yet HP doesn't give us a way to view them on the fly in the photo app. Seems to me something is missing here.
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 74256274 View Post
    Yes, that was my reasoning as well. Box.net gives us loads of space to place our files, yet HP doesn't give us a way to view them on the fly in the photo app. Seems to me something is missing here.
    HP assumes you are using photobucket, facebook or their own Snapfish service for photos. that's my guess - however, I agree and think HP will add this functionality at some point. I use Snapfish and it works very well.
    I think part of the challenge with integrating box.net, is the Touchpad does not know which of your box.net folders contain images, which makes it harder automatically to gather all your images into the photo app.

Say you have a small folder containing a document along with some associated images, are you sure want the photoapp to auto sync that into a new album?

Due to the fact that box.net is not entirely image based, it would not work so well with automation as the other photo services do.

I think to do it right, the photoapp should prompt you to select which box.net folders to sync as albums.

Shoot HP/palm and email/tweet with this info. Sounds like a good request.
    Last edited by stri8ed; 07/23/2011 at 11:41 PM.
    I'd like to expand this - my wish is for box.net or dropbox to become a file system for any app. I'd like to be able to do things like:

- Save word/excel/PowerPoint/pdf etc (ie any attachment from email or web browser etc) to dropbox or box.net
    - play music stored on dropbox or box.net in music player
    - play videos stored on dropbox or box.net in photo/video player

In essence I'd like these services to be transparent to any apps on the TouchPad, and show up as storage space whenever connected to a network.

Regards,
    Shane.
    Last edited by shanelord; 07/24/2011 at 02:55 AM.
    We do need more box.net intergration, a dedicated app is very nice (though it needs multi select and download) but intergration is where the touchpad can shine. Its not hard for these services to detect filetypes and thats all thats necessary I think for the photo app with small thumbnail previews
    Proud Canadian owner of
    Palm Pre- WebOS 2.1 Sept 2009
    HP Touchpad WebOS 3.0 July 2011
    Palm Pre3 AT&T October 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Midway99 View Post
    HP assumes you are using photobucket, facebook or their own Snapfish service for photos. that's my guess - however, I agree and think HP will add this functionality at some point. I use Snapfish and it works very well.
    I went the same route. 50gb of box.net does me no good without batch file uploading. I installed the snapfish picturemover software and it works perfect. Plug my camera in, it copies the pics to my network drive, copies them to snapfish and then deletes them from the camera. A few minutes later they are sync'd to my touchpad.

the only problem is the filenames are absurd. Because of that I cant email photos I get from snapfish without first renaming them with internalz so that sucks...
    It would be awesome if the native photo app would interface with box.net, keeping my photos in the cloud is more appealing than keeping them all on my device. I hope this is addressed in the future.