1.    #1  
    I just downloaded this music app and its pretty nice. When I went to purchase a song I had to log in, but I don't have an account with them. I really want a music app that I can use my webOS profile to purchase songs. Same as for the HP Movie Store. I don't want to create all these different accounts.

What do you guys think about just using your webOS profile to do all of your purchasing and getting your receipts from HP?
    This is a login with 7digital, it will allow access to your music locker from the 7digital website, Android app and quite a large number of 7digital powered music stores on lots of devices.

I haven't tested yet but in theory if you have a android phone and your purchase a track on it using 7digital app you can then download it from the locker cloud to your touchpad. And vica versa.
    Last edited by noxis; 07/21/2011 at 01:25 PM.
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    You have to store your card with 7digital , but it works quite well. I did try to download an album and it got stuck after 4 tracks, but I downloaded it from the website instead
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Quote Originally Posted by markm2179 View Post
    I just downloaded this music app and its pretty nice. When I went to purchase a song I had to log in, but I don't have an account with them. I really want a music app that I can use my webOS profile to purchase songs. Same as for the HP Movie Store. I don't want to create all these different accounts.

What do you guys think about just using your webOS profile to do all of your purchasing and getting your receipts from HP?
    I've been thinking about this- HP is missing an opportunity to make easy money by not owning the whole eco-system...

Apple device- you buy music through itunes, movies you buy through them, books via ibooks (though other options exist).

As consumers the HP approach seems better for us in the longterm- hopefully we get too choose the services we want from a wide variety- but HP is potentially losing a huge revenue stream- guess its the fastest way they can get started on this 'marathon not a sprint' race though....

I guess the downside to this is that as consumers we dont get receipts from HP- but I dont see this as such a big deal...
  5. lgs
    Is the app working for anybody on 3.0.4? I bought some music on my pc, but when I start the app, log in, and then tap on "My Locker", there is just a spinner spinning endlessly.

I tried downloading an album with the browser, but it fails too. I uninstalled the "Max Blocker" patch but that didn't help. When I click on individual tracks they are played streaming which doesn't allow me to save them to disk (even though I do have the "Add Download Link option" patch installed).

What finally worked, sort of, was to use Advanced Browser and click on individual tracks. They download with anonymous names to the downloads folder, but the stock Music app finds them and presents them fine.

Another headache is that the app looks at the "Format" country in regional settings to decide where I live. I live in the US, but use a European country for formats, so that I can get a 24h clock and dates shown the way I want them. This means that I can't buy anything in the app unless I change the format country back to USA. Sigh. Maybe there is a way to run a particular app with a different locale? This is Linux after all.