Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hi Folks,

I am successfully using PS3 media server(DLNA server) on a Unix server(OpenIndiana/Solaris) to stream/transcode Pictures and My FLAC Audio files(transcoded to MP3) to my touchpad running the BHome UPNP client that is available in the app store. I am having problems with movies though. I created a new profile to transcode my movies(xvids or mkv/h264 files) to MP4 files using AAC for audio, but have had no success. Anyone else able to stream their movies using PS3 media server or any other DLNA/UPNP server? If so, what are your transcoding settings?

Thanks,
    -Scott
  2.    #2  
    Oops..should have posted this to the App forum I guess although it is not BHome App specific. Sorry.
    I think you are ahead of most of the people here.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Bhome streams video and music, and display pictures from my readynas with no issues at all, works very well but no transcoding involved there.

This app looks promising but not released yet.
    UPnP AV Player for HP Touchpad : Norvinet
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottL View Post
    Oops..should have posted this to the App forum I guess although it is not BHome App specific. Sorry.
    Moved it for you.
    BHome app is finally cooking and connecting to my DLNA/uPNP Server using IP and port allocation. What a relief and I can finally use BHome dedicated client to remote access my movies and music.

BHome Pro provides direct interfacing and control during playback, fast forward, rewind, pause, sorting latest files and folder, and no reason to open a separate client or website for streaming. This is one of the best additions to webOS and again makes my TP life so much easier.

I love this program and looking forward to Dynamic DNS to extend my NAS further by streaming my content to my TP through the internet. Sorli...
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Just a quick note. I would like to report that BHome works with my Synology DiskStation DS409 running their latest DSM firmware.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    It also works with my Synology DiskStation DS209II+
    I only had to put the ip address of my NAS and wait for 3-5 minutes to get a connection.

So the TouchPad is DNLA certified
    njforcedlife77 and Rnp like this.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Well, it also works with my Buffalo LinkStation Pro LS-XHL NAS with built-in Twonky DLNA certified media server. The trick was to enter the local IP address plus the port for the media server (9050 in this case). Works quite nicley.

I only wish it would support other video formats such as Xvid.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by phil71 View Post
    It also works with my Synology DiskStation DS209II+
    I only had to put the ip address of my NAS and wait for 3-5 minutes to get a connection.

So the TouchPad is DNLA certified
    Try adding Port 50001 or 50002 to your search and it should find it in a few seconds. I just wish it would remember where it has found servers instead of having to re-enter the information every time I run BHomePro.

Edit: Just heard from Roger and my problem was that I first installed the free BHome and then installed BHomePro and then removed BHome. What I should have done was remove BHome before installing BHomePro. Solution remove BHomePro and re-install from the catalog.
    Last edited by noseph; 07/24/2011 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Got BHomePro to remember settings
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    I just wish it would remember where it has found servers instead of having to re-enter the information every time I run BHomePro.
    I don't have to do that. BHome Pro remembers my media server I've set up just fine.
    Just noticed BHome Pro does not work with Bluetooth headsets or at least not my TP 32gb and BlueAnt Q2 Headset. Anyone have different results or able to get BHome Streaming to play audio through Bluetooth? Thanks, Sorli...
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    Still won't play music or video from my ReadyNas Duo. Says "Loading ...." but never starts. Displays pictures fine. Any ideas? Mp3s, mp4s, wavs, avis, movs.
    Quote Originally Posted by lordbah View Post
    Still won't play music or video from my ReadyNas Duo. Says "Loading ...." but never starts. Displays pictures fine. Any ideas? Mp3s, mp4s, wavs, avis, movs.
    BHome only supports audio and video codecs provided native in webOS, so MP3 and MP4 should both work without problem as they do with ZyXEL NSA221 NAS. Not sure, but maybe someone with ReadyNas Duo can provide their two cents, support, and fix around the problem you are having. Sorli...
    I would like to use BHome to link to my UnP server (mediatomb) and play movies from it using the KalemSoft Media Player. Is that possible? This would eliminate the need for transcoding because KalemSoft MP can play every format I have.
    latempete likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by k4ever View Post
    I would like to use BHome to link to my UnP server (mediatomb) and play movies from it using the KalemSoft Media Player. Is that possible? This would eliminate the need for transcoding because KalemSoft MP can play every format I have.
    Not sure really. I've heard PS3 Media Server acts like a DLNA server and makes files on Mac available to PS3 and Xbox 360 gaming systems. This may work similar to KalemSoft or Mediatomb, but I removed both so I can't test either to see if it will function for you in this manner. Either way, BHome has a free trial version that can be used to test and see what happens. I'd give it a try and you have nothing too lose. Sorli...
    I got bhome to find the twonky media server on my WD mybook world edition by telling it to watch port 9000. Hope that helps anyone with the same setup.

Matt
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew.rosenfelder View Post
    I got bhome to find the twonky media server on my WD mybook world edition by telling it to watch port 9000. Hope that helps anyone with the same setup.

Matt
    I think this is going to be everyone's problem and manual Port entry will be needed like you and I for my ZyXEL NSA221 on Port 65428.

Thankfully, with BHome help and latest update Port entry is very easy and working perfectly. Actually, the new version also now plays video Full Screen that is also a blessing.

I also recently signed up for a DynDNS.org account, updated my Routers Port setting, and can easily watch videos and stream music over WIFI when remote from my office. Love it when technology comes together. Sorli...
    mc_wardy likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    BHome only supports audio and video codecs provided native in webOS, so MP3 and MP4 should both work without problem as they do with ZyXEL NSA221 NAS. Not sure, but maybe someone with ReadyNas Duo can provide their two cents, support, and fix around the problem you are having. Sorli...
    I'm having the same problem with my NAS, a Synology ds411. MP3's work, but they take 15 seconds or so to start up. The Video section doesn't display file extensions, so I couldn't tell whether the video was an MP4 or not, but it just stuck at loading for all videos I tried.
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    I think this is going to be everyone's problem and manual Port entry will be needed like you and I for my ZyXEL NSA221 on Port 65428.

Thankfully, with BHome help and latest update Port entry is very easy and working perfectly. Actually, the new version also now plays video Full Screen that is also a blessing.

I also recently signed up for a DynDNS.org account, updated my Routers Port setting, and can easily watch videos and stream music over WIFI when remote from my office. Love it when technology comes together. Sorli...
    I'd not considered using DLNA over the internet . . . . . Working just over freetether for a test, need an alternative wifi connection to do more testing.

We just need the BHome developer to add importing from the DLNA server to TP and a file manager that supports network drives and we have a bundle of options, as Webdav also works but it's somewhat limited.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast