Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree8Likes
    hi guys,

I played with Bhome & my synology + WDTVLive yesterday.
    It succesfully shows pictures, play music & video

Some questions:
    - Playing a slideshow of images shows the image for 1/2 seconds, then WDTVLive again, then pic, and so on. So it does not keep the image displayed for x secongs, like on the Tpad screen. Anyone else this issue too? Any workaround?
    - Could it be extendable to view the slideshow in Exhibition mode? I'm looking for a way to see my pictures from the NAS in Exhibition mode...
    - Playing music is fine, but is there a way to create a playlist from selected items? e.g. Selecting a folder or individual files, then add to playlist ? Would be great way of controlling music playback!
    - I have 2 Roku Soundbridges. Would it be possible to add Sendto to 2 devices simultaneously ? I understood that it might be tweaky to have both playing at the same time (Cidero UPNP controller allowed this though
    - For one or the other reason, Images/icons do not display for Music folders/items (while they do with e.g. UPNP AV Player
    - Lastly (for today, the Synology does not support streaming the subtitles (.srt, ..) with the Video, but that's more a Synology issue :-p

Wishing those can be implemented
    tx
    Last edited by migu_be; 10/24/2011 at 05:45 AM.
    phil71 likes this.
    Hi Guys,
    I am a newbie with this, so any assistance would be appreciated.
    When I launch the BHome app on my Touchpad, it finds my PC, and the default shared folders (ie. Music, Videos, Pictures & Playlists).
    But when I try to open the Pictures folder on the Touchpad, it tries to open and then I get an error of "request, Server said:, UPnP ERROR undefined, undefined.."

I have also tried the UPnP AV Player on the Touchpad, and it finds the PC, and the default folders. When I try to open the folders, it tries to open the folders and then nothing happens.
    At this time, on the PC, the Media Streaming is switched off. This happens everytime I try to open the folders on the Touchpad.

Any ideas anyone..?
    Quote Originally Posted by JayBak View Post
    I have also tried the UPnP AV Player on the Touchpad, and it finds the PC, and the default folders. When I try to open the folders, it tries to open the folders and then nothing happens.
    At this time, on the PC, the Media Streaming is switched off. This happens everytime I try to open the folders on the Touchpad.

Any ideas anyone..?
    I see what you mean, same thing here. Bhome can detect my Synology Diskstation and my Windows 7 laptop with Media Center. It just plays music from the Synology NAS, but although I can navigate to a music file on the Win 7 laptop, it will not stream.
    It has something to do with firewall settings I think, because if I turn off the Windows 7 Firewall application, then the music streams. I was searching around for a script or application that opens the appropriate firewall ports, but have not found one. I haven't gone to the trouble yet, but you can probably configure firewall rules manually by refering to this
    Tips for solving setup problems with Windows Media Center Extenders
    Quote Originally Posted by migu_be View Post
    - Lastly (for today, the Synology does not support streaming the subtitles (.srt, ..) with the Video, but that's more a Synology issue
    Using the Enyo Drive Mapper and Kalemsoft combination, I get subtitles.

It would be great if BHome could allow selection of render device to include something besides the touchplayer, i.e. Kalemsoft for video and Music(Remix) or AudiophileHD for music, and one of the photo or slideshow apps for photos.

Some other enhancements which make this app useful:
    - option to add server address (remote IP address to access over WAN)
    - a way to fast forward a song. Moving the button only advances to the next song and does not jump ahead within the song being played.
    - ability to create playlists by adding folders and songs, or someway to play more than just one folder at a time
    - more render devices
    - touch and hold folder to bring up a "play" option (for music and photos)
    - touch and hold folder or file to bring up a "play to" in one of defined render devices
    When you do an import with Bhome, where does it put the files?
    Siobhán

Palm III, Treo 600/650/680/750, Pre, Pre3, AT&T Pre3, tp 4G, tp 64GB.

I am an HP Employee. I am not associated in anyway with the development of webOS or associated devices. Opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not in any way represent HP or Palm in any official manner. Any implications derived from my posts are the result of my own point of view and do not indicate any intention or evidence of past, present or future activity or plans of the aforementioned HP or Palm.
    /media/internal/import/ but with a wrong file name,depending on your upon server
    I'm new to this but managed to get the WD live streaming work with my macbook (both Samba and PS3 which can play the mp4s better than Samba).
    Now I'm trying to put the TouchPad into the mix. I'm hoping to at least be able to show TouchPad pictures on the tv as a friend is a teacher and could use the larger screen to depict the pictures to students.

Using PS3 and bhome app, the TouchPad sees the mac as a server and I'm able to click on folders. When I get to the file level for the song, movie etc--I get the following message:
    browse: FAIL: Unexpected Response status code: 500.
    This seems to mean that the server encountered something unexpected but I don't know what.

If I just ignore the TouchPad and play the WD live, I can go to the Media Control menu on bhome for the Touchpad and see the file name but can't see the pics or play the vids. This is on files that play on the TouchPad and includes pics/vids taken by the Pre.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, enjoy your holidays!
    Last edited by bluenote; 12/24/2011 at 03:15 PM.
    I don t know which upnp server app you have on the mac... Is it mediatomb or
    Quote Originally Posted by migu_be View Post
    I don t know which upnp server app you have on the mac... Is it mediatomb or
    PS3 Media Server
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    I picked up a cheap IOMega Home Media server on sale a few days ago, and I tested the DLNA media streaming successfully with both BHome and UPnP AV Player. But yesterday BHome froze my TouchPad completely for the first time ever when I tried to exit after playing a video. After playing the video I minimized the BHome card, and tried to sweep it off the screen. No reaction - my TP was frozen with the minimized BHome card on the screen. I had to do a Power + Home reset to get it to turn off and reboot.

Update: Yikes!, did it again. That's it for this version of BHome on my TouchPad!

Update Feb 2012: I tried again with the latest update, and it's working fine now, so I guess the bug has been fixed.

I really like the new feature of passing video files to an external player like Kalemsoft. I would be interested in using the photo streaming in Exhibit mode too if it can be improved a little (e.g., set duration, alter the wood-grain background etc.).
    Last edited by Semma2; 03/13/2012 at 03:19 PM.
    Installed Freeversion on Pre3 via AppTuckerbox, works in fullscreen after modifing index.html.

Gute Freeware App aus anderen Ländern? (App Tuckerbox/Preware) - Software - Nexave Palmforum

Please release bhome for phones, would buy it.

Streaming of pictures and music (video and rendering not tested) from a Synology 212+ (with activated MediaCenter) works. Use landscape for initial startup.

Also was successful with rendering music from my NAS via Pre3 to my Windows PC, so this again a GO! for webOS 2.x .
    Last edited by gizmo21; 02/14/2012 at 03:41 AM.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    I have successfully been able to stream video from a D-Link DNS-320 ShareCenter to BHome Pro running on my TouchPad. This is a relatively inexpensive 2 bay NAS (<$100 on Amazon w/out drives) and the built-in UPnP Media Server does not appear to be able to stream to BHome. While researching a way to install Twonky Media Server on the DNS-320, I discovered that you need to install Fonz fun_plug (Installation of the Fonz fun_plug 0.5 for CH3SNAS, CH3MNAS, DNS-323 and many more) first, before installing Twonky Media Server. Well I never got around to installing Twonky since the installation of Fun Plug also includes Mediatomb and this was all that was needed to make the DNS-320 a useful media server to my TouchPads.

I hope this information helps others setting up a UPnP Media Server.

EDIT: Mediatomb was not able to recognize all of my .m4v movies, so I decided to give Twonky Media Server a try (free for 30 days). WOW! I had never had any experience with Twonky, WOW! It found and cataloged all of the media on my DNS-320 and presented it to BHome Pro with several ways to get to the media. Even shows the album art that I added with Mp3Tag. WOW! I almost immediately purchased Twonky Media Server ($19.95 USD). The instruction for installing Twonky on a DNS-320 can be found here (Installation of Twonkymedia Server 6 on the Conceptronic CH3MNAS and the D-Link DNS-320, DNS-321, DNS-325 and DNS-343). WOW! The DNS-320 is now a full media server.
    Last edited by noseph; 02/15/2012 at 07:04 AM.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    I have successfully been able to stream video from a D-Link DNS-320 ShareCenter to BHome Pro running on my TouchPad. This is a relatively inexpensive 2 bay NAS (<$100 on Amazon w/out drives) and the built-in UPnP Media Server does not appear to be able to stream to BHome. While researching a way to install Twonky Media Server on the DNS-320, I discovered that you need to install Fonz fun_plug (Installation of the Fonz fun_plug 0.5 for CH3SNAS, CH3MNAS, DNS-323 and many more) first, before installing Twonky Media Server. Well I never got around to installing Twonky since the installation of Fun Plug also includes Mediatomb and this was all that was needed to make the DNS-320 a useful media server to my TouchPads.

I hope this information helps others setting up a UPnP Media Server.

EDIT: Mediatomb was not able to recognize all of my .m4v movies, so I decided to give Twonky Media Server a try (free for 30 days). WOW! I had never had any experience with Twonky, WOW! It found and cataloged all of the media on my DNS-320 and presented it to BHome Pro with several ways to get to the media. Even shows the album art that I added with Mp3Tag. WOW! I almost immediately purchased Twonky Media Server ($19.95 USD). The instruction for installing Twonky on a DNS-320 can be found here (Installation of Twonkymedia Server 6 on the Conceptronic CH3MNAS and the D-Link DNS-320, DNS-321, DNS-325 and DNS-343). WOW! The DNS-320 is now a full media server.
    I use the same setup, although with an old dns-323. Mediatomb works fine and is free, the .m4v issue you're seeing can probably be fixed with a configuration file change and restarting mediatomb. I'm just waiting for better "PlayTo" support so I can just use the TP as a fancy media controller.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Anyone tried latest combination of BHome Pro and Kalemsoft Media Player to view uPNP streamed 720p mkv? I don't get it to work. The stream starts to play for a second or two and then it stops with an error in Kalemsoft Player popping up...
    bhome and kalem work with luna community edition. But does touchplayer?
    Any idea, if or when Bhome Pro can be used with Samsung allshare?
    TIA for any answers
    War doesn't prove who's right, only who's left...
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234