Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by sahil0984 View Post
    Update: This problem was solved by changing the subnet mask and dynamic ip address range on the router. Phew!
    what exactly did you change?
    my touchpad got the same subnet as my PC, but it still does not find it while my notebook does..
    Quote Originally Posted by zentraed View Post
    I've been trying out BHomePro with PS3 Media Server. It doesn't stream most of my files though (a variety of of wmv, avi, mkv), so I'm working on putting together a "renderer" for it. If I get something working, I'll post the configuration settings.

Check Program Files\PS3 Media Server\renderers for examples, especially PS3.conf, which explains what each parameter is for.
    Quote Originally Posted by zentraed View Post
    Update: Turns out PS3 Media Server only transcodes to MPEG2, so it can only be used to play file formats that are natively-supported on the TP. It works great with MP4 files though.

Hi zentraed,

# Solved this part
    # How did you get bHome to recognise the PS3 Media Server? It will not detect it on mine, # did you change the .conf files? If so can you post the modified version for the Touchpad?

Do you have the .conf file for PS3 Media Server handy? I have it all set up recognising the Touchpad, but my settings don't seem to be correct to transcode to mp4.

I've had limited success with TVersity (unabled to get video to transcode correctly) the best way so far is to mount the network path and then use TouchPlayer, however this is a little messy as I love the interface of bHome and PS3 Media Server sets out the shares nicely.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!
    Last edited by dirtymole; 08/25/2011 at 01:26 PM. Reason: Its now finding PS3 Media Server, conf file request!
    Quote Originally Posted by itsthetaste View Post
    Hi, UPnP AV Player is now published into the catalog and yes there is a trial version.

Check out the ability of dragging folders onto the Music Player button.

[url]

Let me know how what you like / don't like.

Thanks
    Richard
    Sounds great but is there any chance of a Pre3 version? I have no intention of getting a tablet any time soon but I would use it a pre regularly.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Does anyone know why the FREE version of bhome sees my nedia servers but the PRO version sees nothing???
    Does anyone know if these apps are coming to Pre3 and if they're going to get DLNA controller functionality (to browse your media on the TP/Pre and when you select play it tells your media renderer to play the media on your TV/stereo).
    phil71 likes this.
    Do somebody knows how I can set up TwonkyMediaserver for transcoding *.TS files (from dreambox) to mp4 format for touchpad?
    ffmpeg is already installed on the server and it's a Dualcore with 1GB Ram under Debian. What I have to config to be able to show the transcoded TS on webOS with BHome?
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    dvbviewer recording service dlna not found
    serviio not found

tvmobili found really often
    twonky found sporadic

all run fine with my samsung d tv
    Hey guys, I am new here, and I think I might be able to help with your touchpad DLNA transcode issues.

PS3 Media Server works decently for the PS3, but I have run into many issues with transcode settings when using other devices.

I recently went looking for other media servers and after testing a few I settled on "Mezzmo" ( Mezzmo - The Ultimate DLNA Home Entertainment Software ),

Mezzmo instantly proved to be substantially better than PS3 Media Server. Quality was noticeably improved without any increase in buffer rates, and without a single tweak to the transcode setting. My PS3 was immediately recognized and assigned a device profile.

Today I started up Mezzmo and was prompted with an auto-update request. The new version comes with lots of new device profiles including the HP Touchpad.

It works flawlessly.

The only thing I ran into was....The touchpad was not immediately recognized as a touchpad, so it was not assigned a device profile. By opening your wifi settings on the hp touchpad and tapping the network you are currently connected to, you will see your current ip address... In Mezzmo's Media Devices window you will see this ip address and from there you can assign it the HP Touchpad profile.

Setting up a static Ip on the touchpad will obviously negate having to assign this profile every time your device is assigned a different ip.

Hope this helps you guys out!
    If I run a fat Windows Server I can play the video directly on it ;-)

Requirements for Mezzmo:
    Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit), Windows Vista (32-bit and 64-bit), Windows XP (32-bit and 64-bit), Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2003, Windows Home Server (WHS)

Tink most of us have an Linux e.g. Debian as server. So a Twonky/ffmpeg trancoding would be a great solution.
    Hey I have tried Bhome & UPnP AV. I was able to view photos and listen to music on both from my pc. However, when I try to stream an MP4 movie it opens the player and shows 0 of (#of minutes movie is) and never starts playing. Am I doing something wrong? What setup do I need to stream movies from pc to TP?
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Unfortunately, both uPNP apps can only stream to the built in video player on the TP. This player can't play all MP4/H.264 files. Most of my library has been encoded H.264 using Handbrake's "Apple Universal" setting, which plays fine on all my iDevices. Very few of these will play on the TP, even though they are MP4 and H.264.

I sure wish Kalemsoft would build uPnP support into their app...
    Quote Originally Posted by MincerRay View Post
    Unfortunately, both uPNP apps can only stream to the built in video player on the TP. This player can't play all MP4/H.264 files. Most of my library has been encoded H.264 using Handbrake's "Apple Universal" setting, which plays fine on all my iDevices. Very few of these will play on the TP, even though they are MP4 and H.264.

I sure wish Kalemsoft would build uPnP support into their app...
    Thanks.

So how do you know what will play?
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I don't think there is any way to tell other than to try it. I'm not sure what exactly is causing my H.264 files to not play with the stock player, even though HP claims they play H.264. There are a lot of parameters to H.264, so obviously the Apple Universal setting runs afoul on some of them!

My main focus was to get the TP to work with my Seagate Satellite wireless disk, which supports uPnP. I ended up installing Samba on the Seagate, and getting SMB working to mount the disk in a way for Kalemsoft to see it. It works quite well now, but it was a pain to figure out!

Quote Originally Posted by stu4084 View Post
    Thanks.

So how do you know what will play?
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Bhome finds my server, but never seems to connect. Its standard Windows 7 with a Squeezebox server.

What else do I need to make it work?

Alan
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lubbuhz View Post
    Hey guys, I am new here, and I think I might be able to help with your touchpad DLNA transcode issues.

PS3 Media Server works decently for the PS3, but I have run into many issues with transcode settings when using other devices.

I recently went looking for other media servers and after testing a few I settled on "Mezzmo" ( Mezzmo - The Ultimate DLNA Home Entertainment Software ),

Mezzmo instantly proved to be substantially better than PS3 Media Server. Quality was noticeably improved without any increase in buffer rates, and without a single tweak to the transcode setting. My PS3 was immediately recognized and assigned a device profile.

Today I started up Mezzmo and was prompted with an auto-update request. The new version comes with lots of new device profiles including the HP Touchpad.

It works flawlessly.

The only thing I ran into was....The touchpad was not immediately recognized as a touchpad, so it was not assigned a device profile. By opening your wifi settings on the hp touchpad and tapping the network you are currently connected to, you will see your current ip address... In Mezzmo's Media Devices window you will see this ip address and from there you can assign it the HP Touchpad profile.

Setting up a static Ip on the touchpad will obviously negate having to assign this profile every time your device is assigned a different ip.

Just gave the trial a shot. No luck. All files show as unsupported.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alan sh View Post
    Bhome finds my server, but never seems to connect. Its standard Windows 7 with a Squeezebox server.

What else do I need to make it work?

Alan
    Found my own answer. In Windows Media Player, I have to set it to sharing. The Bhome app gave me the answer and I've now bought the product.

Alan
    I can't get my Synology Diskstation 211+ to work with touchpad running bhomepro. i have the local IP address but it doesn't automatically find it. i searched and searched synology documentation for port for media player application, but couldn't find a port #.

any ideas since bhome pro doesn't automatically find the port?
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    If have no problem whatsoever with BHome and my Synology DS107+. (DSM 3.1)
    It is detected automatically and connects flawlessly.

We DO need either one of these for a full movie experience on the TP:
    - uPNP/DLNA client support in Kalemsoft Mediaplayer
    - Multiple codec support in BHome or uPNP AV Player!
    phil71 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lubbuhz View Post

It works flawlessly.

Are you saying Mezzmo does real-time transcoding on your computer or server as the file is playing on the Touchpad? So if I were to playback an mkv file it would begin almost instantly?
    I have just updated to the latest BHome Pro version, and I have been experimenting with the "send to" function.

I already had "Air UPnP" running on a PC on my network and to my surprise (because I had forgotten I was running it!) Air UPnP shows up in BHome Pro as a destination for audio, and can be controlled with the Media Control option in the BHome top-left menu. This enables me to select audio on the TP and have it play on an Apple Airport Express elsewhere on my network.

There's also a free UPnP renderer from the same site as Air UPnP and that also works with the latest release of BHome.

There's clearly more work to be done on BHome's functionality in this area but what's now available does prove the concept of sending from TP to Airport Express without any help from Apple.

Site for the free software I have mentioned -

Air UPnP (control Airport Express as UPnP devices))
    phil71 likes this.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast