Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    I also recently signed up for a DynDNS.org account, updated my Routers Port setting, and can easily watch videos and stream music over WIFI when remote from my office. Love it when technology comes together. Sorli...
    That sounds fantastic! How do you get that to work? Is there a guide somewhere?

Thanks,

Matt
    Quote Originally Posted by mc_wardy View Post
    I'd not considered using DLNA over the internet . . . . . Working just over freetether for a test, need an alternative wifi connection to do more testing.

We just need the BHome developer to add importing from the DLNA server to TP and a file manager that supports network drives and we have a bundle of options, as Webdav also works but it's somewhat limited.
    Streaming over the internet can work if you have enough speed bandwidth wise on both sides. Sadly this did not work very well from my friends house and BHome would timeout and fail during playback. Probably wont be very useful without faster Cable or DSL, but thankfully it hasnt cost anything and worth a shot.

Importing or even downloading from BHome sound like great options and good suggestions. Sorli...
    Streaming over the internet can work if you have enough speed bandwidth wise on both sides. Sadly this did not work very well from my friends house and BHome would timeout and fail during playback. Probably wont be very useful without faster Cable or DSL, but thankfully it hasnt cost anything and worth a shot.

Importing or even downloading from BHome sound like great options and good suggestions. Sorli...
    yes you're going to need a reasonably fast stable connection to stream video, but viewing photos and streaming music should be a little less bandwidth hungry. The dev for BHome did tell me that importing is on the todolist, so streaming over the internet may not be so much of an issue if you can get your media on to the TP remotely.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    I'd not considered using DLNA over the internet . . . . . Working just over freetether for a test, need an alternative wifi connection to do more testing.

We just need the BHome developer to add importing from the DLNA server to TP and a file manager that supports network drives and we have a bundle of options, as Webdav also works but it's somewhat limited.
    I have been trying to get BHomePro to work over the internet. I can connect to my DLNA server and even select a video, but it fails with this "Error: may be an unknown file format?" I emailed Blue Star Software support and received this response:

<message>
    Thanks for using BHome. First of all BHome is designed to works within
    you local network. That's the idea of UPnP. It only works in local
    networks.
    Since you are able to setup a server manual it's possible that you can
    use it even via the internet. But you need a every fast connection on
    both sides. You need a fast download connection on the TouchPad and a
    fast upload connection on your home network side. Furthermore some
    internet provider throttle the speed when they detect unusual ports or
    movies.
    We heard of some users who get it to work. But at general we can't help
    you with this kind problems. This is out of our scope. Sorry.
    <eom>

It looks like this may be hit-or-miss getting it to work on the internet.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    I've done a little more testing at work today and I think if you can get BHome to steam over the internet I think it's going to be a bonus. BHome is great for the LAN but we need something else for Internet.

What I really would like is to set-up network drives, in a file manager something like that, as most NASs these days supports CIFS and WebDav amongst other things. This will give great flexibility on the LAN and Internet.
    Last edited by mc_wardy; 07/29/2011 at 08:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    I have been trying to get BHomePro to work over the internet. I can connect to my DLNA server and even select a video, but it fails with this "Error: may be an unknown file format?" I emailed Blue Star Software support and received this response:
    Same problem and I've only had success when both networks are super fast or on the same Cable Modem Network like testing from my office/home and using neighbors cable connection.

Music and Picture should work since they are much smaller in size, but I need to do more testing. Wasnt aware that DLNA does not support WWW broadcasting or streaming, but then this may just be a problem with BHome and the developer is right...Network Performance is the key for smooth transport from both sides. Sorli...
    Bhome streams video and music, and display pictures from my readynas with no issues at all, works very well but no transcoding involved there.

This app looks promising but not released yet.
    UPnP AV Player for HP Touchpad : Norvinet
    UPnP AV Player has been submitted to the Catalog, just waiting for it to be accepted now.
    Quote Originally Posted by itsthetaste View Post
    UPnP AV Player has been submitted to the Catalog, just waiting for it to be accepted now.
    Do you plan to offer a trial version so we can see how things work with our NAS? Thanks and looking forward to great products! Sorli...
    Quote Originally Posted by itsthetaste View Post
    Wow!

The screenshots look cool, what I really like is the ability to import media!!!! Can't wait till it comes out. And also a +1 for trial please
    This post is of my personal opinion and not that of my employer, its affiliates, or related partners.
    Just giving everyone the heads up that BHome 1.1.2 new release is out and fixed all of my problems:

Bluetooth...now working
    Media Server Registration - fixed, Wow it is much faster, now automatic, and doesn't require manually inputting IP address or Port #
    Folder View (detail list, icon, etc) - many options included with new version
    Import - LOVE THIS FEATURE - integrated file management that allows direct access to files from DLNA server and option to select (one, two, or twelve files) and download locally to view later! Finally!!!

Blue Star Software have been cranking out the new features and everyone should take a look at the their free version to what you think before you buy. Either way, you won't be disappointed! Sorli...
    I've been trying out BHomePro with PS3 Media Server. It doesn't stream most of my files though (a variety of of wmv, avi, mkv), so I'm working on putting together a "renderer" for it. If I get something working, I'll post the configuration settings.

Check Program Files\PS3 Media Server\renderers for examples, especially PS3.conf, which explains what each parameter is for.
    I've been trying out BHomePro with PS3 Media Server. It doesn't stream most of my files though (a variety of of wmv, avi, mkv), so I'm working on putting together a "renderer" for it. If I get something working, I'll post the configuration settings.

Check Program Files\PS3 Media Server\renderers for examples, especially PS3.conf, which explains what each parameter is for.
    A more basic question,

BHome on my touchpad cannot find the media server on my desktop. While my PS3 is able to find it.

BHome discovery fails with message status unknown and the manual method returns 0 servers.

Please help.

Thanks in advance,
    Sahil
    Why is it that when you try to play an unsupported codec in BHomePro, it simply states "loading" instead of giving some kind of error message informing you of the fact. Because of this, one simply sits there waiting for the file to load with the expectation that it will work soon. In any case it is sad that HP has built in support for such few codecs in webOS. One would think that such a common and popular codec such as 'wma' would atleast be supported by webOS.

Is there any way for me to play 'wma' files on the touchpad via BHomePro?
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Not sure what to make of this to be honest!
    Manually entered my servers details and it states that it has found 1 server...when I click add server it doesn't do nothing. Is this all that the free version does then? The free version doesn't show the file structure at least?
    Last edited by DaveInFL; 08/11/2011 at 10:04 AM.
    I don't have these problems with BHome, but the then this is why I've transcoded all of my movies to natively supported MP4 files. MKV and AVI may be useful for saving space, but at the cost of not being playable except on desktop computers. Sorli...
    I don't have these problems with BHome, but the then this is why I've transcoded all of my movies to natively supported MP4 files. MKV and AVI may be useful for saving space, but at the cost of not being playable except on desktop computers. Sorli...
    I agree HP needs to support more codecs than just a few. I haven't used bhome much because I always run into little issues like the loading one you mentioned before.

Kalemsoft is actually pretty decent, since it will transcode anything you have... So I have mainly been using that. The only issue I have is that you need the pc on to run the desktop software. The good thing is I can access my nas from my comp through this app. Just hope a better alternative comes soon.
    Hi, UPnP AV Player is now published into the catalog and yes there is a trial version.

Check out the ability of dragging folders onto the Music Player button.

https://developer.palm.com/appredire....norvinet.upnp

Let me know how what you like / don't like.

Thanks
    Richard
    Quote Originally Posted by sahil0984 View Post
    A more basic question,

BHome on my touchpad cannot find the media server on my desktop. While my PS3 is able to find it.

BHome discovery fails with message status unknown and the manual method returns 0 servers.

Please help.

Thanks in advance,
    Sahil
    Update: This problem was solved by changing the subnet mask and dynamic ip address range on the router. Phew!
    Quote Originally Posted by zentraed View Post

Update: Turns out PS3 Media Server only transcodes to MPEG2, so it can only be used to play file formats that are natively-supported on the TP. It works great with MP4 files though.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast