Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By OrionAntares#CB
  1.    #1  
    I'm giving away 50 free copies of Cloud Memos to anybody who's interested.

Cloud Memos is a memo/notes app for WebOS phones that synchronizes with a web service built just for the app. The companion website allows you to work on your memos in the comfort of your desktop or laptop computer's full-sized monitor and keyboard. It also features memo printing, deleted memo recovery, and more. For more information about the app and website, please visit the Rimen website.

Please post a review for the app in the App Catalog (if you're posting a less-than-favorable review, please do contact me; hopefully we can find solutions for issues you find). If you use Twitter, a retweet of my tweet about this giveaway (by @rimenco) would be sweet as well.

These promo codes are available for the United States only. The codes are good until 17 September 2011.

US Promo Code: f2f47684-b911-40c8-bfb2-5db364998049
    US URL: http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...2-5db364998049
    Thank you! And please don't forget to leave a review!

Rimen
    Last edited by rnagtalon; 07/20/2011 at 12:51 PM.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    got it...thx for the code, i'll leave a review in a bit!
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    nice...posted a review from my phone
    Interesting product and have only looked at the basics, but either way thanks for the promo code and I'll let you know what we think.

BTW, does Cloud Memos allow sharing memos between Cloud Memos user accounts? This would be a great feature for things like shopping lists that can be updated anywhere and then shared to multiple users and accounts for convenience. Either way, keep up the great work! Sorli...
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    BTW, does Cloud Memos allow sharing memos between Cloud Memos user accounts? This would be a great feature for things like shopping lists that can be updated anywhere and then shared to multiple users and accounts for convenience. Either way, keep up the great work! Sorli...
    Thanks, Sorli! Unfortunately at the moment, no, Cloud Memos doesn't allow sharing memos between users. I tried to execute the idea, but the complexity would have severely delayed the release. I haven't abandoned the idea, though! If all goes well, it might become a feature in the future.

The WebOS app does allow you to email a memo, though (just open a memo then bring down its menu). At least for now, there's that.
    Looking at the privacy policy:

Rimen is not under any obligation to keep the content you submit confidential...no third parties should have access to the content that is not public.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Looking at the privacy policy:

Rimen is not under any obligation to keep the content you submit confidential...no third parties should have access to the content that is not public.
    Hi bluenote. I guess it does look contradictory... In context, the intent for the first statement is mostly for compliance to law enforcement (though we hope it never comes to that!). The second part is for support-related content, so that we can share common issues sent to us via support in an FAQ or something similar.

I hope it doesn't look sinister! If it does, the policies can be updated so they don't sound evil. In any case, we'll review it again and try to see if we can change it so it's clearer. Thank you for bringing it to our attention!
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Will this be full screen TouchPad?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by swid441 View Post
    Will this be full screen TouchPad?
    We haven't been able to produce a full-screen version for the TouchPad yet, unfortunately. But for now you can open the website (at rimen.co) in the TouchPad's browser and manage memos there.
    when on my phone I hit download then only two options I get is Purchase or Cancel (above purchase says your CC will be charged)

Is this correct, or isnt there supposed to be a promo code button inbetween?

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    when on my phone I hit download then only two options I get is Purchase or Cancel (above purchase says your CC will be charged)

Is this correct, or isnt there supposed to be a promo code button inbetween?
    I'm actually not sure if there's a way to type in the promo code from the App Catalog... The only way I know that would let you make use of the promo code would be open this thread in your phone's browser and click on the promo link (http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...2-5db364998049).

Hope that helps!
    Forgot, Promo codes only work with webOS 2.0 ....DOH! Stupid 1.4.5!!!!!
    And doesn't show up in the Touchpad app catalog so guess I am out on this one...thanks for the promo code support though!

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
  13.    #13  
    And doesn't show up in the Touchpad app catalog so guess I am out on this one...thanks for the promo code support though!
    To be honest, I didn't know promo codes are for webOS 2+ only... That really sucks . Sorry, DJeremyC!
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    You can actually get the app catolog that 2.x used for 1.4.5. I don't have the link off hand but an article was posted a while back and I think instructions might also b in the forums. I'm runnin 1.4.5 & just downloaded. Looking forward to see how it is!
    Quote Originally Posted by rnagtalon View Post
    Hi bluenote. I guess it does look contradictory... In context, the intent for the first statement is mostly for compliance to law enforcement (though we hope it never comes to that!). The second part is for support-related content, so that we can share common issues sent to us via support in an FAQ or something similar.

I hope it doesn't look sinister! If it does, the policies can be updated so they don't sound evil. In any case, we'll review it again and try to see if we can change it so it's clearer. Thank you for bringing it to our attention!
    I have a few questions, what kind of storage limits are we looking at for this service? What direction are you planning to take this service? For examples, is it going to follow a direction similar to Evernote or more like Google Tasks? Also, were you considering add any storage encryption options down the road?
    rnagtalon likes this.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    I have a few questions, what kind of storage limits are we looking at for this service? What direction are you planning to take this service? For examples, is it going to follow a direction similar to Evernote or more like Google Tasks? Also, were you considering add any storage encryption options down the road?
    Thanks, Orion. Those are the good questions! To date, there aren't any storage limits, except for individual memos themselves which have a limit of around 50,000 characters, but so far no limit is placed on the number of memos you can create with the full version (Cloud Memos Lite has a 10-memo limit). We're still trying to learn the patterns relating to storage. Until we learn more, though, we're not putting a cap on data volume (hopefully it turns out we don't need to cap it!).

For the direction we'd like to take the service, generally we're focusing on giving a simple but efficient memos experience. To be honest, I don't think we could really afford to do anything outside of that for now. As much as we'd like, for example, to support images like Evernote does, I'm afraid we just can't yet because of the server resources we'd need to pull that off... So for now, the service is just for text-based memos.

We also don't intend to go down the route of taking users' data hostage. We're planning to implement a mechanism to export memos out of Cloud Memos, but we're still studying the best and most efficient way to accomplish this (whether server-side, a client-side export to the USB partition, etc.).

For device-side encryption, work is currently being made to encrypt private memos. Hopefully we're able to release it soon!

Thanks for the excellent questions!

PS: Great avatar! Made me laugh!
    Last edited by rnagtalon; 07/22/2011 at 01:38 PM.