1.    #1  
    Does preader scan the internal flash media for supported file formats or do I have to specifically locate them? When I press add to library, I don't get anything useful. Just the back button at the bottom left and the preader menu at the top left with no functions.

I have a couple of PDFs that it doesn't find but I didn't see PDF support in the help doc either.

UG! How I miss ibooks on the ipad; yes even if I had to "side load" using itunes. ibooks is the best ereader "app" experience I've ever had outside an stand alone e-ink reader.
    I have a PDF that I converted to a .mobi file that I don't see either.
    All I did was create a folder called Books (using USB connection and Windows explorer). Then I put the mobi format file in that folder. After disconnecting the Pre 2 from USB and opening pReader, it found my book. Not sure if the same process will work on the TP?
    I feel your pain. I have tons of nook books I'm waiting to read. Just holding my breath for the Preader HD with nook account sync ability...so very frustrating
    Quote Originally Posted by hpsalesguy View Post
    All I did was create a folder called Books (using USB connection and Windows explorer). Then I put the mobi format file in that folder. After disconnecting the Pre 2 from USB and opening pReader, it found my book. Not sure if the same process will work on the TP?
    Yes, that should work - I've loaded several epub books that way and works like a charm on Touchpad...
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by fubber View Post
    Yes, that should work - I've loaded several epub books that way and works like a charm on Touchpad...
    Didn't work for me and I did the same thing. Folder called books with several epubs; copied into the mounted space of the TP; dismount, open preader, tell it look for epuds (or even all formats) finds nothing and I can't specify where it should look.

Lack of decent ereading app on a tablet of this class is a gross over site.
  7.    #7  
    and of course now it works and I swear I did nothing different.
    maybe it just needed some time to 'find' the books?

glad you got it sorted...
    BTW there are 2 threads for the pReader app.

The first is for the Mojo version (which has been modified to allow full screen TouchPad functionality):

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-h...doc-files.html

The second is for the native / PDK version that is much faster, but not TouchPad full screen yet. It is in the process of receiving an Enyo user interface update:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-h...a-release.html