Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By JD.Plourde.II
  • 4 Post By shrxwin
  • 2 Post By shrxwin
  1.    #1  
    Would like to see a configuration option in the Touchpad App Store that will display ONLY Touchpad Developed programs, so I don't go downloading a Pre Version app by mistake.
    speedtouch likes this.
    Any PDK app will scale correctly in a TouchPad. Here's a thread regarding me finding out today that most of my apps from my Pre- were fully compatible with the TouchPad:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...-touchpad.html
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    It still would be nice to see what's made specifically for the touchpad only as the refreshed UI is so much better.
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    yes, it would be nice if they identified the different levels, the current "For TouchPad" meaning the new UI, then something like "TouchPad Ready" meaning PDK upscaled or the dev has updated the app to use full screen, then no comment is emulator...
    Quote Originally Posted by shrxwin View Post
    yes, it would be nice if they identified the different levels, the current "For TouchPad" meaning the new UI, then something like "TouchPad Ready" meaning PDK upscaled or the dev has updated the app to use full screen, then no comment is emulator...
    And make those terms searchable. I currently search on "touchpad" to try and narrow the list down and see how the counts change to tell if something new was added. The App Catalog definitely needs improvements and the ability to sort. Going to the New section and constantly seeing the same apps at the top when newer ones clearly came out is frustrating.
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    I've found the "New" section of the Categories tab reflects recently updated or released apps pretty well, while the section of the Categories tab "Featured" (not to be confused with the "Featured" tab/Pivot magazine) needs some serious help. I've had Yelp! up at the top for days on end. Not sure if we all get the same content every day but that tab has a lot of opportunity - it should be enticing me to buy apps I don't own already, not listing ones I have!
    nyquistjack and bb147 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by nytemyst View Post
    It still would be nice to see what's made specifically for the touchpad only as the refreshed UI is so much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by shrxwin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodWulf View Post
    And make those terms searchable.
    Agreed. That's why in the last post that I said this:

Hey HP, if you're listening.....SUGGEST adding "HP TouchPad Sized" or something to that effect, to ALL apps that scale FULL SIZE.

I, and I'm sure all other TouchPad owners, don't even look at those other apps, that don't mention the TouchPad by the Download button. So do us and the developers a favour, and make it stand out!
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel