Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1.    #1  
    I'll admit it, I've let my old apps that I've downloaded, paid or free, go by the wayside on the TouchPad. Mainly because I really wasn't interested with the Pre emulator box whatchamacallit.

I accidentally hit the Cowbell app. (damn...busted! Oh well, you never know when you need more cowbell, right?.....RIGHT??? )

Surprised to say it's Full Screen. I checked another, Transformers G1 & another, How to Train Your Dragon. Both of those full screen as well.

Maybe I was misinformed, maybe I didn't understand correctly, or maybe the devs have been quietly working away.

I was under the assumption that apps written in the old framework wouldn't scale. I don't really care what the reason is behind it, but I am happily surprised by it.

When I get home, I'm going to go through all my apps on my TouchPad and make notes which ones are full screen and compile a list here in this thread.

Feel free to add your own, I'll take your entries and put them all together on the 2nd post for easier viewing.

The TouchPad just got a little bit better....
  2.    #2  
    Full Screen Compatible TouchPad Apps:

Azkend Lite, Art of Glow FREE, Angry Birds Rio, Auctionmate for eBay
    Buzzer, Beat Box, Brothers in Arms 2, Beware of the Bad Seeds, Bubbles
    Cosmic Nitro,
    Dog Whistle, Drum Machine, Defend!,
    Exqueezeme, Earth Now, Easy Pulse
    Fireworks, FileMgr, Fireplace Free, Feeder, Freeesh,
    Gem Hunt, Ground Effect,
    How to Train Your Dragon, HTK303, Hockey Nations Shootout,
    Internals Pro, Iron Fist Boxing
    Jewels, Jump O' Clock,
    K
    Labyrinth,
    More Cowbell, Matrix Clock, Mandel, Monopoly,
    No Gravity
    O Canada,
    Putki,
    Quell Free
    Rednecks vs. Aliens, Roulette,
    Scratcha, Service!, Super NES, Sparkle Doodle, Songwave, Stardust, Sparkle, Sabre Ultimate, Sky Orb, Slide RSS, Shrek Kart, Simple Bible, Settledown,
    Transformers G1, Tile Storm Lite, True Tempo, Tom Clancy's HAWX, Tech Tray, The Settlers,
    U
    Virtual Horse Racing Lite
    White Pages, ***, Wood Enigma, What's Shaking,Weather Maps Radar, World Series of Poker,
    3D Dice,

So that's my list of (49) Full Screen compatible apps. Please note as well some apps, although FS, may or may not work correctly due to GPS requirements such as SkyOrb. I believe there's a manual entry option, but don't quote me on that

Now the stupid thing about is...All over the news/blog sites whathaveyou....they are saying there's only 300 TouchPad apps.....well there's 49 that I already had....are those part of the 300 or did they just forget to mention the Pre-existing apps..... (I'll take a hit for the pun but couldn't resist )
    Last edited by sledge007; 08/12/2011 at 04:00 AM.
    All PDK apps will scale fully, no developer tweaking needed.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Rnp, sledge007 and LordSecksie like this.
  4.    #4  
    Ok cool. Still going to make the list just for an easy reference. Too bad they aren't listed in the Catalog that way though. I had no idea, and I'm sure Joe Blow on the street has no idea either. I might have found out with a bit of reading, but there's a whole lot more to read up on these days, for some reason.

Hey HP, if you're listening.....SUGGEST adding "HP TouchPad Sized" or something to that effect, to ALL apps that scale FULL SIZE.

I, and I'm sure all other TouchPad owners, don't even look at those other apps, that don't mention the TouchPad by the Download button. So do us and the developers a favour, and make it stand out!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    All PDK apps will scale fully, no developer tweaking needed.
    Jason,

I presume it's possible to edit the app info file for mojo apps to make them run in full screen. Would it also be possible to have a background app that used the accelerometer to trigger inject a back gesture to the running app? Shake to go back for instance. Or even have a generic patch for any app to do this.

You're the man, we know you can do it!!!

Cheers,

Hagster
    nyquistjack likes this.
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    feeder and weather maps radar are Mojo apps that work full screen on the Touchpad.
    Maybe the developers should note whether they are scalable in their app profiles?

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by hagster View Post
    Jason,

I presume it's possible to edit the app info file for mojo apps to make them run in full screen. Would it also be possible to have a background app that used the accelerometer to trigger inject a back gesture to the running app? Shake to go back for instance. Or even have a generic patch for any app to do this.

You're the man, we know you can do it!!!

Cheers,

Hagster
    Here's what I've suggested before (though not sure if it is possible or not)

I always thought it would be neat if when in card view you could slightly tilt then relevel (quickly) the TP and have it slide to the next card. Maybe have a thumb on each side of the screen so that it knows thats you want to do? Could be used for back and forward gestures when in an app??
    I pushed updates for Slide RSS so that it scales nicely and in full screen, marked the app as compatible with the TouchPad, and even provided tablet-sized screenshots. Despite all that, the only screenshots that show in the TouchPad App Catalog are the phone-sized ones. I assume they accepted the tablet-sized screenshots for a reason, but the TouchPad App Catalog currently doesn't make use of them, so yes, a bit frustrating that there are more apps already optimized for the larger screen than you'd think and yet no good way to isolate them.
    Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    Maybe the developers should note whether they are scalable in their app profiles?

I've done so, but it's still difficult to discover that fact. All we have is a checkbox that indicates if the app is TouchPad compatible - which could cover everything from a Mojo app that functions properly but only within the emulation window all the way up to a re-optimized version that goes fullscreen and has alternate handling for any existing gesture-area navigation.
    I wish that instead of running in (portrait) emulator mode for those other applications, they would run in whatever orientation the Touchpad is, AND they wouldn't be in a black field, but instead show the 'desktop' all around the 'phone' like the email drafts look. Yeah? I think that would be cool...
    Quote Originally Posted by appsotutely View Post
    I've done so, but it's still difficult to discover that fact. All we have is a checkbox that indicates if the app is TouchPad compatible - which could cover everything from a Mojo app that functions properly but only within the emulation window all the way up to a re-optimized version that goes fullscreen and has alternate handling for any existing gesture-area navigation.
    Why not add something to the item description.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siah1214 View Post
    Why not add something to the item description.
    It does, but somebody actually has to bring up my app to read that in my description. I believe the only things being collected in the TouchPad category are the Enyo apps that only work on the TouchPad.
    I have 2 apps that didn't scale. My weather channel app and free sound effects app. Both still work but not scaled to the TP.

ET
    I have a World Series of Poker game that also scaled, although the graphics are now pixelated and the "career" winnings I'd earned didn't transfer over from my Pre Plus.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZBigE View Post
    I have a World Series of Poker game that also scaled, although the graphics are now pixelated and the "career" winnings I'd earned didn't transfer over from my Pre Plus.
    Save/Restore should be able to transfer your saved data over.
  17.    #18  
    Cleaned up the list so it's easier to read, finished going through the rest of my apps that I had and added another 20 or so apps to my original post. Keep them coming, if HP isn't going to make it easier for us to find them, we'll do it ourselves.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    More apps here : Optimized for HP Touch Pad, Palm Pre 3 and still compatible with Palm Pre + :
    SkyORB
    No Gravity
    Freeesh
    Iron Fist Boxing
    Beware of the Bad Seeds

Those apps won't appear on the store because they are compatible with WebOS 1.4.5 (the irony for being backward compatible).

https://developer.palm.com/appredire...hvr.app.skyorb
    https://developer.palm.com/appredire....app.nogravity
    https://developer.palm.com/appredire...vr.app.freeesh
    https://developer.palm.com/appredire...r.app.ironfist
    https://developer.palm.com/appredire...r.app.badseeds
    Last edited by vblack; 08/10/2011 at 12:57 PM.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Bubbles and Quell Free are two games I have that scaled up.
    Zoomer > Handspring Deluxe > Treo 90 > Zire71 > LifeDrive > Centro > Pre (yes, still!)
    TouchPad
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast