1.    #1  
    last.fm: very elegant and sleek interface making full use of the TouchPad tablet screen and works well in multitasking. Requires a $3 monthly fee but fully justified given the quality of the the music catalogue and features...

Here are a couple of suggestions for the next version:
    +add support to the TouchPad “exhibition mode” – last.fm would really shine on the TP when docked in the touchstone
    +add control bar (play/pause/skip) control in the TouchPad notification area (like the webOS native music player)
    +add support for both portrait/landscape mode
    +add scrobble support
    +develop a webOS 2.x (or universal) version that would also work on the HP pre2 and pre3

In order to complete my music needs on the TouchPad, I'd like to see now a TP optimized version of Spotify and some form of a traditional Music Store like Amazon or HP Music Store...

Who needs iTunes with last.fm + Spotify + Amazon MP3 (or HP Music Store?)
    It's free on their website? :S I'm not saying it's not fully justifiable, because I LOVE last.fm
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  3.    #3  
    Indeed it's free on the website but having a dedicated app makes the experience much more enjoyable (+probably better in multitasking as you don't need to have the browser app constantly up)... The look & feel, visuals, controls etc.. are beautiful and work very well on a Tablet (I don't think that the iPad such a great optimized last.fm app)

I've tried using the last.fm website on the TP (even had a direct bookmark saved in the launcher) but given the quality of the dedicated app experience, decided to upgrade to the premium service with the $3 monthly fee...
    You have any screenshots of the last.fm app? I'd love to see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    lastfm isnt free in canada anyways so that makes no difference. The no notification thing is mildly disappointing but yes I would also like screenshot/video if anyone has it
  6.    #6  
    Here are some screenshots... The aplication is really well designed and looks beautiful... Much better than going through the website... Can't wait for an exhibition mode support.

That's the type of Tablet optimized app that the TouchPad needs (USA Today also works/looks good on the TP) - as opposed to quick port of websites

Next in line: a TP version of Spotify?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Hmmm, nice app but I can't justify paying $3 a month to use a pretty app over the website which is free.
    Looks like a good app, although I am not sure I would want to pay a monthly subscription when I could use a decent radio app like tunein. I would of preferred paying more for the app up front and no fee.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Can anyone please post the app id? I already have a premium account and would love to use the app. Thanks for the screenshots!
    Quote Originally Posted by shoe View Post
    Can anyone please post the app id? I already have a premium account and would love to use the app. Thanks for the screenshots!
    I'll trade you... try webos.lastfm

You wouldn't happen to know the Touchpad app id for Fandango would you? For some reason it's not popping up in the catalog.

It also looks like there was an update to Impostah. You can now install geo restricted apps on the Touchpad. (At least I wasn't able to until today)

thanks,

- Dan
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Yeeha, it works! Thanks, Dan!

OT: I only know the Fandango appid for my Pre -> com.fandango.app.fandango
    Quote Originally Posted by shoe View Post
    Yeeha, it works! Thanks, Dan!

OT: I only know the Fandango appid for my Pre -> com.fandango.app.fandango
    No problem.

Thanks for the id as well. Unfortunately I already have the Pre version and was hoping for something designed more for the Touchpad's screen.

Strange that I'm unable to see it... I'll try posting in another thread as I don't want to take this one off topic.

thanks!

- Dan
    bah, why isnt this in the canadian catalog. New I should have lied and said I spoke American
    Proud Canadian owner of
    Palm Pre- WebOS 2.1 Sept 2009
    HP Touchpad WebOS 3.0 July 2011
    Palm Pre3 AT&T October 2011
    So no one has the app id for last.fm touchapp version?
    Motorola Startac-> Motorola RAZR -> Motorola RAZR V3 -> Blackberry Curve -> Blackberry Bold -> Iphone 3G -> Iphone 3GS -> Palm Pre -> Blackerry Bold 2 -> Iphone 4 -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    It is webos.lastfm, found it in another thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by damienh View Post
    Indeed it's free on the website but having a dedicated app makes the experience much more enjoyable (+probably better in multitasking as you don't need to have the browser app constantly up)... The look & feel, visuals, controls etc.. are beautiful and work very well on a Tablet (I don't think that the iPad such a great optimized last.fm app)

I've tried using the last.fm website on the TP (even had a direct bookmark saved in the launcher) but given the quality of the dedicated app experience, decided to upgrade to the premium service with the $3 monthly fee...
    how do you save a bookmark to the launcher?