Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1.    #1  
    is anyone making a Dj app for the touchpad
    viper151 likes this.
    +1. That would be great!
    viper151 likes this.
    Gotta look for the post but I thought I saw one mentioned to be a work in progress prior to launch. Here is the link: http://www.webosroundup.com/2011/06/...ering-with-hp/
    We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
    If you download the Audiophile HD app for touchpad that is in the app catalog, you will notice that there is a button that when clicked says "DJ Mode" coming soon.

I have been helping and talking with the developer since he started work on the version for the Palm Pre and you definitely want to keep an eye out for his Audiophile HD Pro application when it comes out.

here is his page for the app: http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...reble-vol.html
  5.    #5  
    it would be awesome if the touchpad could be used with software like Serato or torq or even tracktor with time encoded vinyl. Ahhhh one can only dream I would pay a premium if someone could pull this off.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    If you download the Audiophile HD app for touchpad that is in the app catalog, you will notice that there is a button that when clicked says "DJ Mode" coming soon.

I have been helping and talking with the developer since he started work on the version for the Palm Pre and you definitely want to keep an eye out for his Audiophile HD Pro application when it comes out.

here is his page for the app: http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...reble-vol.html
    yes I seen that it would be awesome if you could cue up songs via headphones
    DJ mode is working in beta format in the unreleased version of Audiophile, but we have been having some issues with the indexer that are preventing release. I expect to have those fixed by early next week. It won't support cueing songs via headphone, because WebOS only supports one audio out source at this point. But you will have a beta DJ app within the month on the donate version of Audiophile.
  8.    #8  
    nice!
    i feel we can use something similar to this:

djay for iPad Ľ The full-fledged iPad DJ app by algoriddim
    Jet,

Way ahead of you; like I said, as long as nothing comes up this weekend that prevents me from working on it, Audiophile will have a beta DJ mode by next week.

Note that I am not entirely sure what features people are looking for, so please provide me specifics on what you are looking for.

And before anyone asks, let me stress again, IT IS NOT POSSIBLE to have two different sound output streams at this point in time. Maybe in the future HP will decide to play favorites and give some other developer that ability, but I know for sure I won't be given access to that kind tech.

Edit: Just to let everyone know how far along we are and what features we have, on my test Pad, I can currently play two songs at once, and mix between them. There is a few issues with the volume getting messed up during playback, and I do not yet have an easy way to pick which song is play; right now you just have to use the same playlist and advance to the song you want. As of now, you can resample the speed of each song independently.

I do not have a "cue" feature set up as I am not sure exactly what people are looking for with that functionality. Also, graphical representation and BPM detection are coming, but won't be around for a while. I have everything I need for graphical representation on the backend, but the JavaScript is gonna take a while. For BPM detection, I know the algorithm to use, I just have not had time to implement it.

Finally, due to an inherent latency in the way HP decide to implement their music API, there will be a slight delay between user input and playback. That is unavoidable, but I will work with the community on how best to handle it.
    Last edited by nyuepik; 07/20/2011 at 10:40 AM.
    Nice, can't wait to check it out!
    That's whasup, looking forward to donating some cash to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsetter883 View Post
    i feel we can use something similar to this:

djay for iPad Ľ The full-fledged iPad DJ app by algoriddim
    Wow. That is a pretty cool app... that's when I wish the webOS API's are more open.. It seems like the webOS API's for those things are lacking a bit.
    This post is of my personal opinion and not that of my employer, its affiliates, or related partners.
    Screen Caps
    Attached Images Attached Images
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

Also, remember that this is just a beta version. We want feedback, and are looking forward to creating the definitive DJ app for WebOS.
    In addition to Audiophile, it has been said that David Guetta is working on an application to coincide with his joining the TP marketing effort. Not sure what features he is going to include initially, but it is slated for release in September.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    bb147 likes this.
    Are you planning on having different turntable themes? A traditional Technics 1200 setup would be great.
    Yeah, I am curious about the Guetta app. As it stands now, I am basically stretching the public sound apis as far as they will go, and the level of latency is still unacceptably high for a professional level music mixing app. Likewise, the current api does not allow you to do hardware resampling or any of the other techniques that would be needed by a professional DJ app.

So either his app is going to have to take advantage of apis that are not public, or it won't be as robust as what iOS has.
    Godstyle:

That is Warlord's department, I just handle the sound coding, he handles the art style.
    This one ?????
    We could do table themes but that would be after we get DJ mode working.

http://api.ning.com/files/ydIqF9HHj6..._/technics.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Godstyle View Post
    Are you planning on having different turntable themes? A traditional Technics 1200 setup would be great.
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast